Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok so i cant spell when im typing fast LOL

Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RXM
Guess I committed a multiple felonies since I transported my gun back and forth to the gun range numerous times as well as new ones from the store to my house. Gosh I'm so lucky the cops never stopped me b/c that would be a big no no. I woulda dropped a duce in my undies!

You keep talking about "this state" and "that state" where laws are different and felony this and that. Like I give a rat's @ss what the laws in those states are because I DON'T LIVE IN THOSE STATES. Usually when one purchases a handgun, they tend to make it a point to read up on local laws and those nice pamphlets that the court houses often provide about carrying firearms. My state will kick your state's @ss!

and usually when you buy a new gun and/or are going or coming form the range it is not a felony to have the gun in the car even if you do not have a CHL (Concealed Handgun License).

Old 12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RXM
Guess I committed a multiple felonies since I transported my gun back and forth to the gun range numerous times as well as new ones from the store to my house. Gosh I'm so lucky the cops never stopped me b/c that would be a big no no. I woulda dropped a duce in my undies!
Check your state law and research how you are required to transport firearms. If you had gotten stopped, and you had the firearm concealed, the officer would have to get into your vehicle to find it by one of three ways. Consent search, probable cause search (i.e. odor of marijuana, contraband in plain site...) or a vehicle inventory. For example; the vehicle gets impounded cause you are suspended or unlicensed, registration is expired over six months, or arrested for some other reason, to name a few. The officer has to go through your car and inventory all items. If he/she finds the firearm during the inventory, the charge gets added.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I can't believe the level of bad information that get's posted here. Why carry a gun in the first place unless you're law enforcement or a gang banger/drug dealer? All you guys that advocate carrying a concealed weapon are the same that get in an uproar when a suspect gets shot.

BTW, that article was referring to the area in the rear armrest where the first aid kit is. I received an email about it some months back with pics included. Funny how they only name one year and model when it applies to all sedans. The reason for the email was for officer safety and to aid in vehicle searches. Not all officers would think to check the side of the armrest for guns or dope.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:57 AM
lol i dont think it will be a problem. i get people waving me down everyday asking me what kind of car im driving, and for some reason, cops are the worst at identifying cars than anybody

Old 12-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks Cru. Lot's of job security on this forum, huh?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I can't believe the level of bad information that get's posted here. Why carry a gun in the first place unless you're law enforcement or a gang banger/drug dealer? All you guys that advocate carrying a concealed weapon are the same that get in an uproar when a suspect gets shot.

BTW, that article was referring to the area in the rear armrest where the first aid kit is. I received an email about it some months back with pics included. Funny how they only name one year and model when it applies to all sedans. The reason for the email was for officer safety and to aid in vehicle searches. Not all officers would think to check the side of the armrest for guns or dope.
My first aid kit came in the trunk, didn't even think about trying to see if it fit there. I was thinking of using it for a rear dvd player for the kids.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Coming back to bad info on the internet - use the link I posted as a research tool but double check original sources and get info from real exprerts such as lawyers etc. I read wikipedia all the time but you need to do additional work to verify info. No jury will buy "I read it was legal on the internets" as a defense unless the statutes and case law backs it up.

Not a gang banger or a cop ... just a prepared citizen.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, what's this talk about the rear armrest having a first aid kit? I have the one in the trunk when I got my G...Is the kit different for earlier years? Or does the G supposed have two first aid kits...which seems very unlikely.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Ku-Ling
Yeah, what's this talk about the rear armrest having a first aid kit? I have the one in the trunk when I got my G...Is the kit different for earlier years? Or does the G supposed have two first aid kits...which seems very unlikely.
The rear fold-down armrest of G's have a "flap" on the right (passanger side) that houses a little first aid kit...

Old 12-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Thanks Cru. Lot's of job security on this forum, huh?
You know it.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by psedog
My first aid kit came in the trunk, didn't even think about trying to see if it fit there. I was thinking of using it for a rear dvd player for the kids.
I guess they switched the location of the first aid kit on some models???

A little DVD player in the armrest would be sweet.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru

A little DVD player in the armrest would be sweet.
A little DVD player might be nice, but a baby Glock would be better!

But, you know cru... only if it's the Glock 24, you know, the one that's completetly invisible to metal detectors....

Old 12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
In mass, that requires unloaded, ammunition seperate, and both ammunition and firearm either directly locked, or in a locked container.

Rhode Island, for example, requires either all of the above requirements be satisified, or the firearm be dis-assembled and in plain-view.
Don't both of these requirements kind of make it pointless to carry the gun? :confizzled:

Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A good soldier can assembe his gun within a few seconds, load it and kill the SOB.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car can hide gun