G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Car can hide gun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Your standard doesnt mean JACK, Jack...
Sure it does. Jury Duty is THE place where my one vote counts. As long as it takes a unanimous vote to report a verdict, I am at my most powerful as a citizen NOT in a voting booth but in a jury box.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
You're not doing ANYONE any favors if you approach being on a jury with that mentality. If I understand this correctly, you would commit perjury to serve on a jury so you could push your own agenda? That's going to hurt both sides. Besides, like I need to tell you since you seem to be so well versed on jury duty, you are supposed to be following the instructions of the judge and rendering a decision based on testimony and evidence, and not because you might be constitutionalist and think peace officers have no authority.

News flash...Public defenders and defense attorneys pick jurors that will help their cause, too. BTW, before I had my present job, but while in the application process, I was called for jury duty. The D/A dismissed me. That's right, the D/A. Having someone on a jury who want to be a LEO, on a case with a murder charge with gang enhancements, sets the D/A up for a mistrial.

Nonetheless, regardless of your beliefs, I will still be providing safety, service and security for you.
You're right, I am not doing any one person any favors. I am upholding the almost lost ideal of the original purpose of a jury (I would refer you to accounts of William Penn's trial in England and how a jury preserved his individual rights). I am not a "constitutionalist," and furthermore I don't know what you think that means. Sure, I will promise to listen, and I will listen, to any advice the Judge wants to offer regarding the Law, but the Law is written in English and I am a native English speaker, so I do not need any "instruction."

And where did you get the idea that I think "peace officers" (by that I assume you mean police officers) have no authority? They have exactly the authority given to them by the People---not one bit more or one bit less.

As I said, the so-called jury selection process is a violation of the ideals of the jury system, no matter who is doing the "selecting," Prosecution, Defense, or whomever.

And I am glad that peace officers are out there providing safety, service and security. That's what We The People hired them to do.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Then why can states say someone cant own High caps or other certain firearms when there is no federal ban? You say that if the feds dont forbit it, it must be legal. Then how can half of the states in the country limit firearm ownership the way they do? THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I CAN OWN GUNS! The state is regulating them!

The US Code you are citing merely exempts a firearm owner from having to comply with a state's POSSESSION / OWNERSHIP requirements, provided that such person is only passing through. It does not address nor nullify any laws regarding proper storage of said firearms...
Rights? What rights? They did away with all those a few years ago with the Patriot act. Now they tap your phone without a warrant, break into your home with a secret warrant, throw you into a black SUV, take you to a secret court, put you into a secret prison for an undisclosed period of time, and tell everyone that knew you they'll put them in prison if they so much as mention what happened to you. And you're worried about the 2nd Amendment?

Old 12-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by gwhiz35
Sure it does. Jury Duty is THE place where my one vote counts. As long as it takes a unanimous vote to report a verdict, I am at my most powerful as a citizen NOT in a voting booth but in a jury box.
You make it sound like you serve jury duty every week. Unless you're on a Grand Jury, how often can you serve? Once or twice a year maybe?

Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Railgunner
Rights? What rights? They did away with all those a few years ago with the Patriot act. Now they tap your phone without a warrant, break into your home with a secret warrant, throw you into a black SUV, take you to a secret court, put you into a secret prison for an undisclosed period of time, and tell everyone that knew you they'll put them in prison if they so much as mention what happened to you. And you're worried about the 2nd Amendment?
I don't partake in terrorist activity so I'm not worried.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow this went off topic....but I was just gonna say I can only get two ounces of pot in there, anymore and I got to put the rest in the trunk

Old 12-29-2006, 05:19 PM
chairman roflmao
Since this thread went off topic (and probably should be locked), or be put into News and Politics forum, if I were called up to jury duty and (honestly, not to get out of jury duty, but out of an honest and sincerely held conviction) said that "I believe the law under which the suspect is being charged is immoral; thus, I will vote to acquit the suspect, because I believe the law to be immoral/unconstitutional, even if the suspect is guilty, since my sincerely held beliefs don't allow me to do otherwise" would I:

a) get disqualified
b) get charged with attempting to resist jury duty / be held in contempt of court
c) be allowed to serve and use that power?

I'm obviously suspecting either a) or b).

Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by strlen
Since this thread went off topic (and probably should be locked), or be put into News and Politics forum, if I were called up to jury duty and (honestly, not to get out of jury duty, but out of an honest and sincerely held conviction) said that "I believe the law under which the suspect is being charged is immoral; thus, I will vote to acquit the suspect, because I believe the law to be immoral/unconstitutional, even if the suspect is guilty, since my sincerely held beliefs don't allow me to do otherwise" would I:

a) get disqualified
b) get charged with attempting to resist jury duty / be held in contempt of court
c) be allowed to serve and use that power?

I'm obviously suspecting either a) or b).
d) get arrested and beaten silly for using the worst run-on sentence ever uttered in a court of law.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Nickk6
Wow this went off topic....but I was just gonna say I can only get two ounces of pot in there, anymore and I got to put the rest in the trunk
CAPTAIN BONG HEAD STRIKES AGAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 AM
chairman roflmao
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
d) get arrested and beaten silly for using the worst run-on sentence ever uttered in a court of law.
I plea guilty as charged.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think you all have missed the true warning in this article, S drivers - they're cool, C - Drivers - they're cool too, X- Drivers -WATCHOUT!!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 03:39 PM
chairman roflmao
Originally Posted by HwyDrftr
I think you all have missed the true warning in this article, S drivers - they're cool, C - Drivers - they're cool too, X- Drivers -WATCHOUT!!!!!
Or, us RWD drivers are so hard-core, we don't need guns to protect ourselves. We'll kill you with our bare hands