G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

03 G35 Brilliant Silver @ Brooklyn Signing In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 03 G35 Brilliant Silver @ Brooklyn Signing In

So i've been a member on the forums for a while now, matter of fact ever since we bought our G35 in 02 (2003 G35 Sedan in Brilliant Silver). It wasn't until recently though that I actually started visiting the forums daily, and reading into everything; mainly because the G has finally been handed over as an 18th birthday present, with a mere 45,000 miles. [well 40,000 miles when i first started driving it, 45,000 when it was officially handed down]

There isn't much that I have been able to do to the car as of yet, see-ing as how there is enough body damage on it i would like to fix first (you figure my mom learned to park on this car, and after 3 years of my parents parking and driving it around... i have dents all over the passenger side fender, the front bumper is simply shot, and there is a small whole in the trunk which they decided to cover up with gum.................. [??]

Fixing this all... well honestly seems to be more than I can afford, but im trying to bring the car back to life. I have done a custom tint of the taillights, along with suede on the front and rear pillars, as well as the door handles. [pictures will be posted tonight hopefully] I also attempted to do the clock trim piece (the plastic part around the clock, compass and climate diplsay) in suede, but see-ing as how it is in one piece, and has so many curves I couldn't get it to come out right. If any-one has any ideas on this piece, let me know. I might just end up painting it to match the suede color.

Planned? Well the next thing I am looking into getting is a Z-Tube, OEM or Stillen im still not sure, along with a JWT Popcharger, which if anyone has either for sale, let me know.

In a way i guess this is my very much delayed introductory thread, HI!

Update: Im sorry I took so long with getting the pictures up on here, but enjoy my damaged G =[

Last edited by Metalp3n; 12-21-2006 at 10:13 AM. Reason: finally added the pictures
Old 12-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on getting the car... I feel bad for the damage. Save up and get it fixed... I know I wouldn't be able to drive knowing my G is fcked up.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Its like loosing the love of your life........ everytime you walk outside the house and walk up to the car *tear*

Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Any-one have any suggestions on a good and affordable shop around Brooklyn?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the board. Nice to see another New Yorker here.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Well welcome to the world of active users.
Glad to have you.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:55 PM
I can't wait to see the gum covered hole... Check eBay for deals on bumpers etc... there isn't that much of a demand for G35 sedan parts on there so you should be able to pick stuff up cheap.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Enjoy the gum covered hole lol

but ye I think i would prefer to drop it into a shop. I recieved an estimate for a grand to fix the bumper, fender and trunk.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
holy shyt... that thing is fux0rd. lol

$1K sounds pretty good, but I'd rather do all that stuff myself, most of it jsut needs to be replaced.

Heres what I think you should do:

Go to or call up junk yards and see if they have any g35 trunks and/or fenders. I'd replace that trunk with the new one 03.5+, the ones that dont have that ugly doggy door. Also get the fender replaced. As for the bumper, look into getting an either Nismo Aero bumper, or any other aftermarket bumper. If anything you can find used 03/04 bumpers on ebay for less than $100.

That suede job is fuking sweet ! Being that you're so young, I thought you'd *** it up or something but it came out extremely nice !

What part of Brooklyn are you in?

PS... dont get comfortable here on g35driver, you'll see why in a few days.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Every part of it lol, mostly around Ocean Parkway and Y/X

Thnx on the suede, the headliner will be done soon and i will post up pics of it, as well as the plastic pillars in the middle where the seatbelt is.

I have tried to find the parts at a junkyard, however I cannot find any near me. They all can get me new aftermarket parts, un-painted, but I have a feeling that I will end up paying over a grand to get all these parts painted properly.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
And as far as the doggy door goes... i personally like it, its something that sets my G apart from 99% of the other ones ive seen.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard man....the car didn't look that bad in the first 4 pictures....but then once I saw the rest, I cringed. Damn...that car has seen some better days! Those are all from your moms bad parking jobs?!!?!?

Good luck w/ getting her back to par and then modding!!!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Bumper guards

Was wondering where did you purchase those silver rear bumper guards?

Scorcher

Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by scorcher76
Was wondering where did you purchase those silver rear bumper guards?

Scorcher
We were up in Michigan a few months back and found them at an Auto store up there, after laying in the trunk for a while I eventually put them on.... so honestly no idea where you can find them now. Ill take a look at the company listed on them and let you know on it tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:00 AM
The suede looks dirty. You need to make a pass on them in one direction with your fingers. The driver side damage is recent. Are you sure it wasn't you that did the damage?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03 G35 Brilliant Silver @ Brooklyn Signing In