G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35

What's the switch on the console next to the shifter for?
My guess would be the heated seats...just like in our cars.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome aboard skyline250gt & happy modding. Guess you need a LHD USDM battery cover instead. It felt weird typing that.

Can you take one more pic of the engine bay? Looking down on the engine, just behind the intake opening.
US car have a provision to mount something but its left empty. Just wondering if its applicable on yours. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Welcome!

Old 12-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
My guess would be the heated seats...just like in our cars.
I doubt it with the cloth interior, could be wrong tho. I thought the switches were further back. I dunno cuz I have an MT, not used to AT layout.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Looks like the same cloth seats offer here for a short while with the initial launch. Your car looks great, I like wheels. Is your car lowered?

What's the switch on the console next to the shifter for?

I noticed that you don't have steering wheel controls for the radio or cruise control. What other options/features differ from US models? VDC, Auto windows, etc?

The switch is for the transmission. It has three settings; normal - the box adapts to your driving style, sport - shifts at a higher than normal rpm, snow - a very basic traction control system. Remember that this is the old 4-speed auto that Nissan used on the 300zx, Skyline, etc.

No heated seats with cloth interior, steering audio controls are standard with BOSE sterio (no BOSE in my car), VDC, cruise and auto windows are optional on this model. The 250GT is the base model and has very basic features, there is a 300GT with a higher spec and the 350GT (G35 equivalent) is top of the range.

The seats have a fake suede fabric on them. Will try to get some pics later on; the weather is pretty bad here at the moment.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:54 AM
very hot thanks for sharing and welcome to the board

Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cool car, couple of questions, how much does it weigh with the 2.5? Also how is the rear window wiper mounted? Is it bolted through the glass or could we put it on the G?

Old 01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I've always wondered about the rear wiper. Seen it for years in the JDM pics. Why aren't they offered on sedans in the US in general? Except for the EVO that is. I wonder what it would take to put on.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Weight is ~1460kg. The rear wiper is mounted through the glass. I hardly use it except when the car has dew on it.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi guys...new here but looking around on this thread and seen some questions that I may be able to answer. I have an 01 250GT also. I have lived in Japan for the last 15 years so i can say I know my way around the japanese or what americans like to say "JDM" spec cars.
The switch on the transmission is a selector for "snow", "power" and the center position is nothing. its turned off.
The "suede" thing...It is not real suede. its a nappy version of the cloth interior that is available in the stateside G-35.
and the comment that the 250GT, 300GT or any other option package of the V35 is NOT a Skyline is ridiculous! They are skylines.
As far as the air box cover goes..Nissan recommends NOT removing this cover. Im not sure about the reasoning (my japanese is not perfect, but its good) the Nissan mech that services my car says it interferes with the MAF sensor somehow.
the VQ25DD and the VQ35DD is exactly the same engine other than displacement, valve lift, and valve durration.
Not all skylines have the rear window washer. Actually few have them here in Japan. Most of the ones sent out of Japan are the ones with this feature.
these are not very popular cars in japan. There is the Fuga (you would call the M45) here that is really popular. Very few companies make anything for the V35 sedan. A crap-load of options and aftermarket items for the coupe though. I have actually resorted to looking on american sites to find aftermarket items due to the lack of japanese items (that dont look absolutely ridiculous) for my car.
hope some of this helps answer some questions about the home of the skyline. : )

Old 01-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome and thanks for the great info. I figured the engines were the same, such as the VQ30 that was widely used for years here. It's that you'd be checking out the US market when we often look to get JDM upgrades. It would seem you still have more for the sedan: folding mirrors, tilt down mirror, turn signal mirror, park distance control, etc. I'm surprised to hear that Skylines are not popular there. The G35 launch here was extremely successful and breathed new life into Infiniti even winning car of the year and dethroning the mighty BMW 3 series (for a while at least). Same story here for the coupe. It tends to get more attention.

Which Japanese car maker would you say is the most popular out there?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Welcome and thanks for the great info. I figured the engines were the same, such as the VQ30 that was widely used for years here. It's that you'd be checking out the US market when we often look to get JDM upgrades. It would seem you still have more for the sedan: folding mirrors, tilt down mirror, turn signal mirror, park distance control, etc. I'm surprised to hear that Skylines are not popular there. The G35 launch here was extremely successful and breathed new life into Infiniti even winning car of the year and dethroning the mighty BMW 3 series (for a while at least). Same story here for the coupe. It tends to get more attention.

Which Japanese car maker would you say is the most popular out there?
actually Skylines are still popular, just not the V series. The R-32, 33, and 34 is abundant (mostly GTS and GTS-T), sylvias, 180's, altezas (i thing the alteza is the IS-300 lexus in the states, and Toyota Mark II and chasers are at about every streetlight. I have been a nissan man for the last 10 years. Had an R-33, has a Silvia (hence my screen name "zenkisilvia" which means old-model sylvia) mine was the S-14 (240 in the states) with an SR-20DET. My R-33 was not a GT-R, but a GTS-T.
The Car I have now, the 250GT is the nicest car I have had over here, but also the slowest. Japanese, if they are getting a sports car, get FAST cars. the skyline series sedan is cued more towards the middle aged population and families. Not a luxury car, not a sports car, but a middle of the road car that really didnt catch on here until this year(2007 with the body change) The main reason I bought it was that there were so few of them. My buddy at nissan tells me that the new skyline, which nissan is promoting very heavy here, is selling 5,000 units a month. Nissan only expected 1,000. Needless to say, I think the V series of skyline is about to come in its own with the new body style of the V25, V35 sedans. No coupes for 2007 released yet, but its rumor in the car mags here in japan is that the couple release will be the GT-R for 2007-2008.
as far as aftermarket parts go.....yes...we have them, its just most of them...and excuse me if I offend anyone......are ugly. each of us has different taste, but the stuff offered for the skyline sedan over here is stupid looking and i would not clutter my car with 90% of the crap thats on the market here. There are still only 4 companies that make an aftermarket pipe (single outlet, 100* dia) which is the most popular style.....there are only a few that make any kind of body kit....there is the jun-sei (or you would say OEM or NISMO) or Wald. that is it. the others are cheap knockoffs of wald or nissan's. nothing original.
by the way......thanks for the warm welcome. This site is by far the most extensive Ive seen on the net concerning V series nissans.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 AM
by the way.....the G's in the states dont have folding mirrors? or parking tilt?
from 01 (the first year of the V series, the skyline had them here.

and sorry didnt answer your question clearly....but Toyota is clearly the leader of cars here in Japan. (lexus also falls under Toyota here)

Nissan would probably be #2 with honda, mitsubishi coming in behind them. All others are pretty much picking up scraps.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 AM
interesting gauges

Old 01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by zenkisilvia
by the way.....the G's in the states dont have folding mirrors? or parking tilt?
from 01 (the first year of the V series, the skyline had them here.

and sorry didnt answer your question clearly....but Toyota is clearly the leader of cars here in Japan. (lexus also falls under Toyota here)

Nissan would probably be #2 with honda, mitsubishi coming in behind them. All others are pretty much picking up scraps.
Nope, no folding, tilting mirrors whatsoever. Some have ordered them from JDM parts distributors.

Toyota is also tops here for Japanese auto makers, then Honda, then Nissan. Mitsu is doing pretty bad here for years now. Do you know how the pricing of similar cars compare to ours?

Great info, very interesting, thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member