G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by zenkisilvia
Hi guys...new here but looking around on this thread and seen some questions that I may be able to answer. I have an 01 250GT also. I have lived in Japan for the last 15 years so i can say I know my way around the japanese or what americans like to say "JDM" spec cars.
The switch on the transmission is a selector for "snow", "power" and the center position is nothing. its turned off.
The "suede" thing...It is not real suede. its a nappy version of the cloth interior that is available in the stateside G-35.
and the comment that the 250GT, 300GT or any other option package of the V35 is NOT a Skyline is ridiculous! They are skylines.
As far as the air box cover goes..Nissan recommends NOT removing this cover. Im not sure about the reasoning (my japanese is not perfect, but its good) the Nissan mech that services my car says it interferes with the MAF sensor somehow.
the VQ25DD and the VQ35DD is exactly the same engine other than displacement, valve lift, and valve durration.
Not all skylines have the rear window washer. Actually few have them here in Japan. Most of the ones sent out of Japan are the ones with this feature.
these are not very popular cars in japan. There is the Fuga (you would call the M45) here that is really popular. Very few companies make anything for the V35 sedan. A crap-load of options and aftermarket items for the coupe though. I have actually resorted to looking on american sites to find aftermarket items due to the lack of japanese items (that dont look absolutely ridiculous) for my car.
hope some of this helps answer some questions about the home of the skyline. : )
Great info, thanks for the reply.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice car...didn't even know there was a 250gt for this body...

Old 01-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
Nope, no folding, tilting mirrors whatsoever. Some have ordered them from JDM parts distributors.

Toyota is also tops here for Japanese auto makers, then Honda, then Nissan. Mitsu is doing pretty bad here for years now. Do you know how the pricing of similar cars compare to ours?

Great info, very interesting, thanks again.
Pricing wise....i think Japan is cheaper than the states for comparable autos. The 07 skyline 350GT is about 27k here for the base model. Not sure how much it is there for the new model G, but I would think it is more since it is an Infinity in the states. Nissan came up with Infinity and Toyota came up with Lexus for the overseas market to build up their market. No one in the states would pay top dollar for a "nissan" or a "toyota", but with the ad campains that both these companies launched, they can sell Nissans and Toyotas under a more prestigeous name and charge for it.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Sedan
Infiniti. Don't be that guy.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Infiniti. Don't be that guy.
Infiniti.....infinity.....who cares. what are you, the spell check for this site?
by any name or spelling.......its a Nissan.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:18 AM
Sedan
Infiniti.....infinity.....who cares. what are you, the spell check for this site?
by any name or spelling.......its a Nissan.
We care since we drive Infinitis. And no, I'm not the Spell Checker I'm the Repost Police.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^+1

Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 AM
We care since we drive Infinitis. And no, I'm not the Spell Checker I'm the Repost Police.
I guess you got me there, slick.
Infiniti is what you drive? I drive a Nissan. You may want to check the data plate in the door sill or wherever the sticker is on the "american" version of the Skyline....Im sure it says Nissan Motor Co. and not Infinity Motor Co.
You drive a Nissan. Infiniti is a badge designation of Nissan, not a car maker. Your car is designated an Infiniti because Nissan figured years ago that Americans and other overseas markets would not pay big dollars for a "Nissan" since the stigmata was that the cars were econo class vehicles.
I would think someone that has shown so much attention to detail in spelling errors would know that.
"A Nissan by any other name, is still a Nissan".

It may be just me, but it seems like you like giving me a hard time just for a slight error in spelling. Just seems like a high school thing......"oh look...he spelled "Infinity" with a "y".........."

Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Sedan
I guess you got me there, slick.
Infiniti is what you drive? I drive a Nissan. You may want to check the data plate in the door sill or wherever the sticker is on the "american" version of the Skyline....Im sure it says Nissan Motor Co. and not Infinity Motor Co.
You drive a Nissan. Infiniti is a badge designation of Nissan, not a car maker. Your car is designated an Infiniti because Nissan figured years ago that Americans and other overseas markets would not pay big dollars for a "Nissan" since the stigmata was that the cars were econo class vehicles.
I would think someone that has shown so much attention to detail in spelling errors would know that.
"A Nissan by any other name, is still a Nissan".
Really? Infiniti is made by Nissan? Hell, nobody around here knew that. Thanks for clearing that up, slick.
It may be just me, but it seems like you like giving me a hard time just for a slight error in spelling. Just seems like a high school thing......"oh look...he spelled "Infinity" with a "y".........."
You damn right I'm giving you a hard time for misspelling the name of my car. If I was on a Nissan site and kept writing "Nisson" I'd expect the same.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Thumbs down

Really? Infiniti is made by Nissan? Hell, nobody around here knew that. Thanks for clearing that up, slick.

You damn right I'm giving you a hard time for misspelling the name of my car. If I was on a Nissan site and kept writing "Nisson" I'd expect the same.
O.K.
I originally spelled Infiniti incorrectly. Infinity is still a word also, but just not the spelling Nissan has introduced to the world market. Excuse my ignorance and lack of double checking my spelling.

Maybe you need to move out of your mother's basement and get a life other than providing sarcasim to someone that just came on this site to share ideas and interact with other "Nissan" owners to broaden the base of information within this specifc car minded community.

If the extent of your knowledge of cars, whatever make it is, is the spell checking of the word "Infiniti".....well...you should read more of what is on this site and pay less attention to spelling of words.

And no. I wouldnt have been so **** to correct the spelling of a word. I guess that is what separates men from boys (or at least people that have better things to do than be concerned with "y" or "i" instead of the meaning or content of statements meant to educate or share knowledge....

I served in the Marine Corps for 19 years and been all over the world as an embassy guard. Other nationalities have a bad enough opinion of Americans because of rudeness and lack of tact. You, my friend (and I mean that as sarcasticly as possible) exemplify that sterotype.

Instead of exchanging ideas and knowledge on obviously a passion of yours, and mine...which is these great automobiles....you would rather sarcastically "spell check" an information post. sad. really sad.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Sedan
O.K.
I originally spelled Infiniti incorrectly. Infinity is still a word also, but just not the spelling Nissan has introduced to the world market. Excuse my ignorance and lack of double checking my spelling.

Maybe you need to move out of your mother's basement and get a life other than providing sarcasim to someone that just came on this site to share ideas and interact with other "Nissan" owners to broaden the base of information within this specifc car minded community.

If the extent of your knowledge of cars, whatever make it is, is the spell checking of the word "Infiniti".....well...you should read more of what is on this site and pay less attention to spelling of words.

And no. I wouldnt have been so **** to correct the spelling of a word. I guess that is what separates men from boys (or at least people that have better things to do than be concerned with "y" or "i" instead of the meaning or content of statements meant to educate or share knowledge....

I served in the Marine Corps for 19 years and been all over the world as an embassy guard. Other nationalities have a bad enough opinion of Americans because of rudeness and lack of tact. You, my friend (and I mean that as sarcasticly as possible) exemplify that sterotype.

Instead of exchanging ideas and knowledge on obviously a passion of yours, and mine...which is these great automobiles....you would rather sarcastically "spell check" an information post. sad. really sad.
I appreciate the info you posted earlier, hence my first post relaying that sentiment.

You're on an Infiniti forum. If you continue to type the make of our cars incorrectly you will continue to get called on it. Not just by me, it's a big pet peeve on this forum. To be honest it portrays ignorance. Some members have gone so far to say they would not buy products from vendors that spell Infiniti with a "y".

You’ll get your point across much easier without all the long winded, insulting, condescending BS. Have a fantastic day.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Thumbs up

I appreciate the info you posted earlier, hence my first post relaying that sentiment.

You're on an Infiniti forum. If you continue to type the make of our cars incorrectly you will continue to get called on it. Not just by me, it's a big pet peeve on this forum. To be honest it portrays ignorance. Some members have gone so far to say they would not buy products from vendors that spell Infiniti with a "y".

You’ll get your point across much easier without all the long winded, insulting, condescending BS. Have a fantastic day.

Yep. Its an Infiniti forum. My appologies to the misspelling.
You have a fantastic day too.

I guess we can get back to posting informative issue now?? Intellect bashing gets old after a while.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
how much is a new Infiniti / kneesun g35 in nz/jopan?

Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Sedan
Thumbs up

I guess we can get back to posting informative issue now?? Intellect bashing gets old after a while.
Agreed. See ya around.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by S.E.
i drive a nisaan?
no, you drive an infinity

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member