G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Class Action Lawsuit: G35 front brakes failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had my rotors replaced twice already by infiniti and now they are going again the car just went over 36K and i decided to replace them with a racing brake kit

Old 06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
the fastest way to murder brakes is to lightly drag to a stop.pads are heated to a higher localized temp and rotors are surface glazed.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:42 PM
dear god, I bought 4 rotors and pads for under $350 CANADIAN and I installed them myself. roll up ur sleeves and forget about a lawsuit.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
My Nissan V35 Skyline needed replacement front brakes and discs at 16000K which is a little too soon IMO. So it's a Nissan thing where it originates. Back discs and brakes were fine though. The OEM pads/discs did stop very well, but the dust coming off them was just ridiculous. I've since replaced all 4 with aftermarket discs and HPS pads(on this forums recommendation). Stopping sucks on the new HPS pads, but dust is very low.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by lycan
the fastest way to murder brakes is to lightly drag to a stop.pads are heated to a higher localized temp and rotors are surface glazed.
That's what I was told by my Infiniti dealer last week as I paid $246 for pads and resurface of rotors. I was under the impression that light braking is good but it's actually worse. I was advised to step on it every once in a while. BTW this is my second replacement with 25,5?? on my 04 sedan. The first was covered under warranty, this time I was given the wear and tear item crap, but hey I paid to get my car in top notch shape.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2005 G35X with the "small" brakes. I am at 49K miles and am just about to replace my rotors for the first time and the pads for the second time. When I replaced the pads I went with a set of PBS Metal Matrix pads from a vendor on this site. They were great and dusted very little. This time I went to Burtman Industries online and purchased a set of their drilled and slotted rotors and a set of their ceramic pads. I install this weekend and I will let you know the results.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 AM
I always buy brake components on ebay, go ceramic and do the install yourself. It's cheap, easy, lasts much longer with no dust, panic braking I think is better but as someone said you do need to press slightly harder on the pedal with ceramics vs. soft stock pads. No offence intended but suing a car manufacturer because a low cost regular wear and tear item wears out is a waste of time IMO, would you sue them because your air filter gets dirty and needs to be replaced?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I just replaced the crappy rotors and pads on my 05X with Stoptech cryo rotors and Hawk HPS pads for $310. Did the work myself, it really isn't that hard. There was no way I was going to shell out $550 on OEM pads/rotors at the dealer. Getting less than 18000 miles from a set of brakes is ridiculous.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought I remembered reading once that Nissan had made a change in pads so they would last longer.

I wonder whether this happened? I had my front pads replaced earlier this week at the Nissan dealership, and the told me they put 350Z pads on it. I hope they last longer than my original 2004 OEM pads.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 AM
wow when you said failure i thought the car when out of control hit a bunch of pedestrians and exploded. oh the brake pads are worn out.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by chaindrive
wow when you said failure i thought the car when out of control hit a bunch of pedestrians and exploded. oh the brake pads are worn out.
That just about sums it up!

Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 AM
definitely a planned defect..

I just had my front brakes done for the third time this week at 50K miles. The first two time were under warranty. Even the dealer admitted to me that the brakes wear quickly - said it was the design for greatest performance. I switched over to hawk rotors and pads this time. At least it was far cheaper than the $850 15K service I used to pay for when I had a porsche - Whe I realized this I felt better. The Hawks feel pretty good. I would say just suck it up and get the aftermarket brAKES.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm running Akebono pads and Burtman Industries rotors. I have 51K miles on my 05 G35X and 2K miles on the new stuff. The factory brake rotors lasted all 49K miles and I changed the factory pads at 20K miles for Axxis Metal Matrix pads that lasted until 49K miles. The Axxis pads and the Akebono pads both have a great firm feel to them that the factory pads don't have. It's much easier to modulate the brakes with the aftermarket pads. I can't comment on the new rotors yet since they are xo new but they look cool since they are drilled and slotted and they feel great. So, I agree with kvolkan, just get aftermarket pads and rotors. This solves the brake issues and BONUS actually costs less than the factory stuff.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not trying to be an ***... but for the brake pad design in 03/04... the stopping power of the G is impressive, it has same braking distance as the E46/E90.. but the 05+ guys.. they actually brake worse than the E90.. even though they have better brake pad life and less dust.

FYI: Information from comparison videos googled online

Originally Posted by ybarniv1
Hello Guys,

To my dismay, my dealer told me I need to replace both pads and rotors on my front brakes (for $525). I am at 20,000 mi and 4 years (2003 model), so I am out of their specific warranty for this failure.

To me, this is clearly a FAULTY design for which Infinity should have recalled all G35, as opposed to just offering a 36k/3-year warranty (which I wasn't aware of).

In my 40 years of driving career, I have never heard of such a problem with any other car.

This is why I am consulting with my lawyer about initiating a Class Action suit against them. To be effective, and interesting for a law firm to pursue, I'll need to come up with as many complainants as possible, and the more the merrier.

Please contact me if you are as pss'd off as I am.

Thanks, Yair Barniv, ybalias-travel@yahoo.com

Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cato
Yup! Class action lawsuit #1 was already thrown out by the California Judge presiding over the case. However..... the plaintifs in that case, myself and 3 others, , were awarded $2500 apiece. That money went to buy new wheels to hold my Wilwood 6-pot BBK. Yes, the 2003 G35 non-brembo brakes are defective and Infiniti recognizes this.

HAHA, you’re a f@g. You have officially lost my respect on this forum. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who tries to pull a Stella Libeck (ladie who sued McDonalds for hot coffee), you tried to sue infiniti for a feature on your car that is designed for performance not longativity.

Look at people who own ferraris, they pay like 10 grand for a 30K mile service. Should they sue ferrari because they have to replace the differential fluid at 30k miles instead of 70k miles like every other car?

-Sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Class Action Lawsuit: G35 front brakes failure