G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Watched a neighbor ding my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're too late. Writing a note after the fact lets the person deny that it was them. About a year ago, I went on vacation to Mexico and left my car parked for a week. I lived in a building with a gated, secure multi-level garage. Prior to leaving, my car had NO door dings. I parked in my assigned spot with an S500 on one side of me, and a motorcycle on the other.

When I returned, I found my rear drivers side door with 8 dings. I also learned that the neighbor with the S500 moved out and that someone new moved in with a Toyota Tercel. The door dings lined up exactly to the level of where his door would hit me, so I knew it was him. I proceeded to write a lengthy note informing him that I've reported this to both building management and my insurance company, and that it has not gone unnoticed. I left my phone number if he wanted to rectify the situation.

He called me and tried to explain that it's not him. He said he's extra careful around "nicer cars." I then asked him if he has been parking in that same spot for the last week to which he replied "yes." Let's put two and two together... Then he began playing the friendly neighbor card and tried to invite my girlfriend and I over for dinner! WTF!!! My girlfriend begged me to let it slide, but I couldn't. You don't fvck with a mans pride and joy (his G35!) and get off scott free. I smeared my dogs shlt all over his windshield the next morning.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
The best time would have been immediately. That way, if there was damage, you could have opened her door to see if it matched the ding in your car. If she didn't own up, you call the cops and show them.

Once she moves the car, it's all over.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
that has to be the GAYest thing ive heard in a long time

KICK THE $HIT out of her car......remember payback is a bitch
Payback for what? He already stated nothing was wrong with the car. Should he also ambush her and stomp her face? Grow up, guys!

Listening to advice from young hot heads will not only leave you with a lighter pocket book, but a police record. Great advice!

Last edited by webdog; 01-05-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
that has to be the GAYest thing ive heard in a long time

KICK THE $HIT out of her car......remember payback is a bitch
What was g** about that?

I hope you're not serious about the "KICK THE....."

Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
You're too late. Writing a note after the fact lets the person deny that it was them. About a year ago, I went on vacation to Mexico and left my car parked for a week. I lived in a building with a gated, secure multi-level garage. Prior to leaving, my car had NO door dings. I parked in my assigned spot with an S500 on one side of me, and a motorcycle on the other.

When I returned, I found my rear drivers side door with 8 dings. I also learned that the neighbor with the S500 moved out and that someone new moved in with a Toyota Tercel. The door dings lined up exactly to the level of where his door would hit me, so I knew it was him. I proceeded to write a lengthy note informing him that I've reported this to both building management and my insurance company, and that it has not gone unnoticed. I left my phone number if he wanted to rectify the situation.

He called me and tried to explain that it's not him. He said he's extra careful around "nicer cars." I then asked him if he has been parking in that same spot for the last week to which he replied "yes." Let's put two and two together... Then he began playing the friendly neighbor card and tried to invite my girlfriend and I over for dinner! WTF!!! My girlfriend begged me to let it slide, but I couldn't. You don't fvck with a mans pride and joy (his G35!) and get off scott free. I smeared my dogs shlt all over his windshield the next morning.
LOL! poop on the windshield Boris? Nice. Next time, I would suggest a nastier but slightly more subtle approach, dogsh*t under/on the door handles.
Immature, yes, gratifying, very.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
At least you saw who did it so if there was damage, you could at least confront her and ask for some sort of compensation.

This week, when leaving work I noticed I had a wrinkle in my fender
No note, no nothing....something else to get fixed

Old 01-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by G35papa
At least you saw who did it so if there was damage, you could at least confront her and ask for some sort of compensation.

This week, when leaving work I noticed I had a wrinkle in my fender
No note, no nothing....something else to get fixed
Sorry to hear Chris, but a good excuse for some custom bodywork! When are the new shoes due in?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
What was g** about that?

I hope you're not serious about the "KICK THE....."

+1, attacking someone's car in place of confronting them is an indication of the difference between a thug and a man.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by EQUATE

I don't think that would work b/c if she asked question she could easily find you in a lie.

You could also if you were watching just press the alarm to use as an excuse to go out their and ask her what happened to see what she said. If she says nothing "i just got here" then you caught her in a lie and could make things easier if their was damage.
Man that's why you tell her it was another neighbor who told you about it, that way it is like some other unbiased individual thought it was serious enough to tell you about and you are just asking her to be more careful.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 AM
sko
[QUOTE=mchong75]
Originally Posted by lexusk8
After she got out, she inspected my door for about 10 seconds for any visible damage, and then she left to go in. QUOTE]

Someone who didn’t care wouldn’t waste a second looking at your door.

Obliviously she did care enough to see if there were any damages.
exactly what i meant~

Old 01-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
one thing i miss about living in US/Canada is assigned parking spots. Here in the middle east in our apartment complex, we have non-assigned spots. And basically 100-200 spots are shared by multiple complexes/visitors etc..

Yest i proceeded to clean my interior and noticed two black lines - one 12 inch on on my passenger front door and the other on my driver rear fender. I went into panic mode (couldn't really do much to the person who did it since I dont know who is the culprit) and got out my cleaning cloth and some water and tried to clean it off. I then used some formula one wax and that saved the day taking out the marks. I still have two .5 cm chips on the hood from rocks on the highway @#@##$@$#@$

Old 01-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I smeared my dogs shlt all over his windshield the next morning.
LMAO!!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear Chris, but a good excuse for some custom bodywork! When are the new shoes due in?
Thanks Boris.
Maybe I can go widebody?!

I'm flat busted broke since I ordered the shoes. Hopefully they will be in in about a week or 2. It sucks waiting!

Old 01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by G35papa
Thanks Boris.
Maybe I can go widebody?!

I'm flat busted broke since I ordered the shoes. Hopefully they will be in in about a week or 2. It sucks waiting!
Tell me about it... Mine are also due in 2 weeks. I'm going down to their factory to pick them up.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Tell me about it... Mine are also due in 2 weeks. I'm going down to their factory to pick them up.
hmmm..maybe I should go with you Road trip?