G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Which Sedan 03-04 or 05-06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Sedan 03-04 or 05-06

I wanted know everyones opinion on wich one you like better. I have an 05 but I was real upset when I found out they dont have the nismo kit for the 05-06 I'm new on here and to the infiniti\nissan world (I've owned hondas and acura's my whole life) What are some differences between the 03-04 vs the 05-06?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 AM
The best description is from Nissan, but the only thing is that plenty of people have said that the 260hp rating of the 03-04 is underrated and dyno only a few HP less than the 05-06 280HP Automatics.

Source: http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2...n/glance.shtml

At a Glance: 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan

The 2005 G35 continues to express Infiniti’s bold direction of combining leading-edge design and technology, driver-oriented performance and a long list of luxury amenities – with a number of significant enhancements for the new model year, including a restyled exterior, upgraded interior and additional horsepower. The G35x AWD model, introduced in December 2003, offers the sure-footed traction of all-wheel drive with the handling feel and quiet operation of a rear-wheel drive vehicle.

The exterior features include a new hood and trunk, new front and rear bumpers, body-colored side sills, revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights. The changes to the interior include a new, even higher quality look and feel with the use of real aluminum trim and new available Rosewood trim, along with a redesigned instrument panel and console area.

The G35’s standard 3.5-liter V6 engine offers an increase 20 horsepower and 10 lb-ft of torque for automatic transmission equipped models and 298 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque for the G35 6MT model with close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission.

Other changes include the addition of larger brake rotors and a revised Sport-Tuned Suspension Package (which now includes 18-inch wheels and tires and viscous limited-slip differential) and the addition of mp3 playback capability to the already standard 6-disc CD changer, manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel (with available power function) and available Infiniti Intelligent Key system.

The 2005 G35 is offered in three models: the G35, the G35x AWD and the G35 6MT. Highlights of the 2005 Infiniti G35 include:

Body
• Revised exterior, designed to convey sporty character and match vehicle’s dynamic performance
• New hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, side sills
• Revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights
• Aerodynamic design with 0.27 coefficient of drag and zero front lift (0.0 clf)
• Available rear spoiler resulting in 0.26 coefficient of drag and rear floor side fairing, producing zero lift front and rear
• Standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights with integrated fog lights, rear LED taillights
• Lightweight aluminum hood, standard heated outside mirrors
• Available sliding glass sunroof with tilt and one-touch open/close feature
• Eight available exterior colors, including new Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand

Engine and Driveline
• 24-valve 3.5-liter DOHC V6 producing 280 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque
• Additional 20 horsepower for the G35 6M/T model (298 hp, 260 lb-ft torque)
• Engine meets LEV2 standards for emission control
• Electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission and manual shift mode with downshift rev matching or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with standard rear viscous limited-slip differential
• Front engine/rear-wheel drive or ATTESA E-TS™ all-wheel drive (G35x AWD model)
• Advanced Front Mid-ship (FM) platform

Suspension, Steering and Braking
• 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension with extensive use of lightweight aluminum components
• Large diameter front and rear stabilizer bars
• Engine speed-sensitive power rack-and-pinion steering
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
• 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes (rotor size increased for 2005), standard 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
• Standard 7-spoke, 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (new design) with P215/55VR17 all-season tires
• Available 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P235/45R18 high-performance tires (with G35 6MT model or Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
• Available sport-tuned suspension and viscous limited-slip differential

Interior Features
• New, high quality interior look and feel with refined materials and textures, including real aluminum and available straight-grained Rosewood trim
• Redesigned instrument panel and console
• Luxurious, ultra-soft leather-appointed seats
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering wheel-mounted cruise control switches
• 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 4-way power adjustable passenger’s seat, available manual reclining rear seats, standard fold-down rear center armrest with trunk pass-through feature
• Leather and aluminum or available Rosewood accented shifter
• Standard in-dash 6-disc CD changer with MP3 playback capability
• Available Bose® premium audio system with 7 speakers, steering wheel audio controls, speed-sensitive auto volume control and RDS radio function
• Fine vision electrofluorescent instrument meter cluster, Infiniti signature analog clock
• Digital automatic temperature control with standard micro filtration and rear heater vents, available dual HVAC control with available rear vents
• Optional DVD-based Infiniti Navigation System with 7.0-inch power retracting screen
• Three available interior colors – Graphite (black), Wheat (new beige color for 2005) and Stone (new gray color for 2005)
• Available Infiniti Intelligent Key

Safety and Security
• Dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and RF occupant classification sensor
• Front-seat and front and rear curtain side-impact supplemental air bags
• 3-point ALR/ELR seat belts (driver’s seat ELR only)
• Front seat belt adjustable upper anchors with pretensioners and load limiters
• Zone Body construction with energy-dispersing side structure
• Engine mount breakaway design with breakaway driveshaft
• Retracting brake pedal to help reduce lower leg injuries in severe crash
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren) child seat anchorage system
• Interior-mounted first aid kit, emergency inside trunk release
• Vehicle Security System with Infiniti Immobilizer

Models and Manufacturing
• Available in three models: G35, G35x AWD and G35 6MT
• Exterior and interior designed at Nissan Technical Center (NTC) in Atsugi, Japan
• Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. in Tochigi, Japan
###
1/05

Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by ascencion
I wanted know everyones opinion on wich one you like better. I have an 05 but I was real upset when I found out they dont have the nismo kit for the 05-06 I'm new on here and to the infiniti\nissan world (I've owned hondas and acura's my whole life) What are some differences between the 03-04 vs the 05-06?
Personally I preferred my '04 to Trey's '05. If we had been able to find an '04 MT with the right options I would have been jumping on it. There was really little *true* difference between them and I personally prefer the interior on the '04. I do believe without question that the car was underrated on power though I think there are a few who would disagree.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I would not trade my 04 for an 05 or 06. I like the older one better in most ways. The only things I like better on the newer are the gauges and turn **** temp control.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
I would not trade my 04 for an 05 or 06. I like the older one better in most ways. The only things I like better on the newer are the gauges and turn **** temp control.
Thats the only reason why I like the 05/06. The center console and cluster is gorgeous. I'd pick the exterior of the 03/04 over the 05/06 ANY DAY.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I have an 05 and in my opinion there was no real increase in power. I'd say that the 05-06 are a bit louder around town due to the diff muffler. The interior does come with different ***** for the radio and climate control plus aluminum trim instead of the plastic but otherwise no major change, at least not the way nissan describes it ("higher quality"). Its all personal preference your good either way.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Grocery getter

+1

If I was not going to do all the mods I have done I would have to say the 05/06 is better because of the brakes and rev-up (6MT only).

Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 04 6mt, and had a loaner 06 from the dealer. Didn't see significant differences between the two. I prefer my 04; but then again, i'm biased towards my 6mt, and couldn't wait to get it back....

Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Grocery getter

I like having a 5AT loaner from time to time to see how the other side rolls.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, good point ttrank,,,, rev-up option and brakes are significant differences for some.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
05 if you can afford one. Better auto tranny logic, bigger brakes, better interior, I suspect less ign retard, better oem body kit (i'd give up the nismo option to have it)

Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
better oem body kit (i'd give up the nismo option to have it)
The oem with the lip is nice but does not hold a candle to the nismo IMO. If you are staying stock, the newer one is much better than the standard 03/04 front end.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I agree. What I meant was, if the Nismo was the only thing to sacrifice, then so be it. It's worth it.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ascencion
no reason y the 05 & 06 needs a nismo kit...05 & 06 has the front lip spoiler..too me..thats more aggressive then the nismo kit..

Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
05-06. Not having any brake dust and the upgraded interior are worth it IMO. Plus, if you aren't interested in aftermarket wheels, the 18" wheels on the 05-06s w/ sports package are decent.

EDIT - I forgot one of the most important things - never having to take your keys out of your pocket is great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Sedan 03-04 or 05-06