G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Discussion re: New Posts Guidelines, FAQ compilation, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Discussion re: New Posts Guidelines, FAQ compilation, etc

This section has needed a FAQ for a long time. I know Jeff posted such a suggestion a couple of months ago. It's time to act on it.

I'd like to suggestions for two different topics: New Posts and a FAQ.

New Posts would cover guidelines for users to consult prior to starting a new thread. Examples would include: "Does your thread pertain to both the coupe and the sedan?"

For the FAQ, well, that's up for discussion. I'd like to start off with a new users/new owners FAQ. Things like fuel economy, fuel grade, squeaks, rattles, brakes for the 04/05 guys, the REV light, etc. Most of these questions are asked by new users and/or new owners, and seem to come up frequently.

We can create a more technical, targeted FAQ later. I don't want to confuse the general more common questions with a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo. Of course, we can always mention more specific FAQ's from the main FAQ.

So, let's get the discussion started. I'll leave this thread open for a week or so, then collate the responses into the FAQ and New Posts Guideline. Now, let's keep this thread on topic. I will heavily moderate this thread. Discussion is ok, but OT posts will be deleted.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I suggested something similar as well before. A good idea is for people with knowledge on a certain topic to post a hypothetical question with an answer, which can be edited into 1 FAQ later. IE
What are the stock wheel/tire sizes and offsets for the coupe?
Base model 17's:
17x7.5+30? 225/50/17 Front 17x8+30? 235/50/17 Rear
Perfomance wheel package 18's:
18x8+30 225/45/18 Front 18x8+30 245/45/18 Rear
Sport tuned suspension 19's:
19x8+30 225/40/19 Front 19x8.5+33 245/40/19 Rear

Then other people can add or correct info posted, which then can be added/edited into the FAQ

Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Q: What is the REVUP, and do I have it?
A: The REVUP engine is included in 05/06/07 6MT coupes, and 05/06 6MT sedans. The REVUP engine redlines at 7000 rpms, versus the standard redline of 6600. The REVUP includes variable timing on the exhaust cams in addition to the intake cams, as well as different timing/fuel maps in the ECU.

Q: Is premium gasoline required?
A: The owner's manual states that premium fuel is recommended, but not required, for the standard engine. For the REVUP engine, premium fuel is required.

Q: My gas mileage sucks. Is it just my car?
A: The VQ35 in the G is not the most fuel efficient of engines. Fuel economy greatly depends on driver's style, but it's not atypical to achieve <=18mpg in city driving. The AWD models are even less fuel efficient.

Q: What is the REV light, and why does it stay on?
A: The REV light is a shift indicator included in the gauge cluster of the REVUP models(was the REV light included on non-revup models after 04?). The REV portion of the indicator will always be visible. The light will start blinking ~500 rpms shy of the target, and will remain solid at or beyond the target. The target can be changed by pressing and holding the odometer reset stalk.

Q: I just got the car, and I want a little more power/torque. What is recommended?
A: Please visit the Tech Area for specific information(provide links to other FAQS here).

Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Good stuff Trey. I put together an FAQ thread here for the 07 Sedan and the guys seem to find it very useful. I just linked the topics to threads that have been previously discussed. Whenever a member asks a question that's in the FAQ section we just point them to this thread. I'm not sure if this helps, but figured I'd throw it out there at least.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Here is my contribution:

Q: Are the tailights from the 03/04 interchangeable with the 05/06, and vice versa?
A: YES

Q: Will the headlamps from the 05/06 fit on the 03/04?
A: NO

Q: Where can I get JDM clear corners?
A: http://www.everythingg35.com

Q: Is there a body kit or front lip available for the 05/06?
A: At the moment, only the OEM front lip spoiler is available thru http://www.everythingg35.com

Q: I'm getting a shoddy 16-17 mpg on the G. How can I increase the fuel mileage?
A: With a luxury sport sedan such as this, don't expect any mileage miracle anytime soon.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q: Will the Sportec/Aero bumper fit my 05+ w/o modification?
A: No

Q: What exhaust options are available for the G35 Sedan?
A: Borla, Stillen, Fujitsubo, Gialla, Impul, Nismo Weldina, Nissan V.S.S.

Q: What body kit options are available for the G35 Sedan?
A1: 03-04.5 - Wald, Sportec, Infiniti Aero, Gialla, Impul, Hasemi Motor Sport
A2: 05-06 - Infiniti Front Lip

Last edited by tkman00; 04-18-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Q: Will coupe 19's fit an 03-06 RWD sedan?
A: Yes, however, if you lower your car you will need to either run smaller than OEM tires or roll/shave your fenders to avoid rubbing in the rear due the coupe 19's smaller offset, larger width, and larger tires.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Q: Can I run staggered Wheels and tires on my car?
A: Yes if you have a 2WD.
No if you have a AWD.
Q: What are the offsets that I can run.
A: All im sure about is 40 (Tim or Grant may want to fill this in.)

Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/87276-section-all-sections-really-needs-better-sticky-info.html

There's alot of suggestions in here. I don't think it's too bad to have problems/suggestions that encompass sedan and coupe. Because the purpose of a sticky is to reduce the amount of redundant questions. There's nothing wrong with the same sticky being posted in both the coupe/sedan sections if it will reduce the repeat questions in those respective forums.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mods

FYI
Individual posts can be merged into existing different thread. Threads can be merged into existing threads. If this helps you in keepping things together.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Q: I have 05-06 G35 Sedan, can I put the nismo (aero) kit on?
A: No, but the sideskirts are interchangeable

Q: My 03-04 sedan has dusty brakes! is this normal, do I have warranty?
A: Yes, non brembo brakes have a 3 year warranty.

Q: Whats an ideal first mod?
A: Clear corners, tint, Z tube, cold air intake, etc. Please search to see what mods suits best for your. (performance, exterior, interior)

Old 04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Good stuff Trey. I put together an FAQ thread here for the 07 Sedan and the guys seem to find it very useful. I just linked the topics to threads that have been previously discussed. Whenever a member asks a question that's in the FAQ section we just point them to this thread. I'm not sure if this helps, but figured I'd throw it out there at least.
I agree.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Q: Can I run staggered Wheels and tires on my car?
A: Yes if you have a 2WD.
No if you have a AWD.
Q: What are the offsets that I can run.
A: All im sure about is 40 (Tim or Grant may want to fill this in.)

Not fully true. You can run staggered on AWD as long as you pull the fuse.

As for the offsets, I believe recommended offsets are 38-40 front and 40-45 rear.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
cough cough....
j/k bro ...

Old 04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Here’s a few I could think of off the top of my head. Change them around as needed.

A) What intake should I get?
- Stillen, JWT, Injen, K&N drop in, etc. All will give you about the same performance within 1-2hp. The best deal is a K&N drop in filter or JWT along with oem or Stillen Z-tube.

B) What's a Z-tube
- OEM intake tube off a 350Z. The G35's has more baffles and does not flow as well.

C) What brake upgrades are available for the sedan
- Same as the non-brembo coupe as long as you get the right offset wheel to clear the caliper.
- Note I believe the 05 AWD still has the same brakes as the 04 RWD.

D) Can I do an aftermarket stereo?
- Yes, same as the coupe with a DD kit. See Mynismo.com, Grubbsperformance.com or everythingg35.com for more info. Check out the audio section for more examples.

E) What FI kits fit my car?
- Most of the same kits for the Z or coupe have been proven to fit the sedan as long as it is the right year and motor. See the Forced Induction section for more info.

F) What exhaust fits my car?
- Cat Back = Borla, Stillen
- Rear Section = HKS

G) What are the differences between the 03/04 and 05/06 sedan?
- Might just want to post a link to the thread from a few months back on this one. It has tons of info and opinions.

H) Are there any aftermarket subwoofer enclosures for the sedan (03-06)?
- Yes, PM user: “4080”. He offers a 10” or 12” fiberglass enclosure for the passenger side of the trunk. If you have the full size spare you will have to remove the foam spacer next to the spare to fit the 12”.

Also on the clear corners don't forget to reference Riverside Infiniti and Grubbs as sources too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discussion re: New Posts Guidelines, FAQ compilation, etc