G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Bluetooth: '05 and older

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth: '05 and older

If you have bluetooth in your '05 and older, how did you do it? Photos? I put an aftermarket head unit in my car with bluetooth and now the Mrs. wants it on the G.

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by C h r i s
If you have bluetooth in your '05 and older, how did you do it? Photos? I put an aftermarket head unit in my car with bluetooth and now the Mrs. wants it on the G.

Thanks!

go aftermarket! Pioneer makes one!

Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing

I have the Pioneer AVIC D3 and the Bluetooth works great...however my mic needs to be adjusted or something because its really muffled

Old 04-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you just want bluetooth, Parrot makes a nice little system (3000model) or you can get it with a little screen to show info. You can also get a harness (HBB1 plug and play harness) that plugs in between the bose and car harness. The stereo mutes when getting a call etc..

I don't know how to direct you to my posts but there's a little more info on that thread.

Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth: '05 and older-img_1286.jpg  
Old 04-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I have a Motorolla Bluetooth (IHF 1000). It works perfectly. I mounted the electronics under the dash and the control beside the instruments. The sound is perfect and people I call can't even tell that I am using hands-free.

Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth: '05 and older-bluetooth2_800.jpg  
Old 04-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sliderg35
I have a Motorolla Bluetooth (IHF 1000). It works perfectly. I mounted the electronics under the dash and the control beside the instruments. The sound is perfect and people I call can't even tell that I am using hands-free.
Nice setup...I like that! Easy to install? Or did you have it installed?

Old 04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Nice setup...I like that! Easy to install? Or did you have it installed?
Easy install except the mute for the radio. I never did get that to work properly. I spliced into the mute in the Nav system, but it actualy mutes the Nav if it is talking when a phone call comes in. I guess I got he wrong wire. The rest was easy though. You know - the usual power wires to hook up to the fuse box. I hid all the electronics under the carpet at the left foot rest. It's completely hidden.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:14 AM
Parrot 3200 LS

Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing
I'd love to do the whole head unit... but the budget is stretched enough by the 36 months @ 1.9% payments.

Originally Posted by mondo
If you just want bluetooth, Parrot makes a nice little system (3000model) or you can get it with a little screen to show info. You can also get a harness (HBB1 plug and play harness) that plugs in between the bose and car harness. The stereo mutes when getting a call etc..
The plug and play harness looks very nice (it has a new part number for Bose amplified systems: QCHBB-NI $150). How does the system work in practice? Calls come in fine? Connects to a phone without issue? Callers can hear you well?

Originally Posted by sliderg35
So you had to cut to install your unit? All functions work well except the mute? The callers voice comes through the speakers?

Originally Posted by GeeMan
Parrot 3200 LS
Same questions for you. How does the system work in practice? Calls come in fine? Connects to a phone without issue? Callers can hear you well?

I like the 3200 LS but my wife may like the stealth and twin microphones of the MK6000.

Thanks for the help so far!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
I am very satisfied with 3200. I have one in my G and also one in my 4Runner. Each unit will sync with up to five phones so both my wife and I have profiles in each vehicle. Very convenient. Voice quality is excellent. I use a separate speaker for output hidden underneath the dash (down by steering column) in each vehicle. In the G the microphone is unobtrusively mounted on the A pillar. In the 4Runner it is mounted right below the rearview mirror. My wife has a Razr and has had no problems at all with connections or syncing. My previous phone was a Sony Ericsson z525a and I also had no problems with it. I recently upgraded to a Cingular 8525 smartphone which is a Windows Mobile PDA and phone (among other things) and it occasionally will lose it's initial sync with the Parrot at startup. When I check the 8525 I find that Bluetooth has been deselected. This happens only very infrequently and I don't know if it's the Parrot or the 8525 which gets unhappy. It is easily fixed by reselecting Bluetooth on the 8525. My 8525 syncs with Outlook so I have a ton more contacts and phone numbers to sync than with my previous phone so I don't know if this is a factor. It may also be something with Bluetooth 2.0 (8525) and Bluetooth 1.x which I think the Parrot I have is running. It's a couple years old now. Like previously mentioned, infrequent and not too much of a hassle to correct.

Simple answer is it works as advertised and I would not have a vehicle without it or something like it. Way too convenient.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the parrot in my wife's G and the motorola in my company car. Neither of them let me call out with my "pocketPC" phone. I too think it has something to do with the Windows program. But I get calls just fine. I just have to start the call with the phone on outbound stuff.

My wife's Razr has no problems with the parrot, and like stated before, it can be used with more than one phone.

I didn't use a seperate speaker; use the stereo system's speakers in the G (since it mutes the stereo anyway). Sounds good to me.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone on here have the parrot WITH a PAC AAI-NIS2? wondering if there were any problems.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I mounted the MOTO HF 850 interface on the door of the Navi pod (don't have Navi) along with one of my ham radios. When you close the pod door, nothing shows and you don't need it open to use it. The "box" and the speaker went in behind the ashtray. When the Navi door is open nothing shows but the control head. Slick.

Last edited by Texasscout; 05-23-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
I too was looking at these. So am I understanding correctly, both the Motorola and Parrot units can be set up to play through the factory stereo?

Old 05-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by C h r i s
I'd love to do the whole head unit... but the budget is stretched enough by the 36 months @ 1.9% payments.

The plug and play harness looks very nice (it has a new part number for Bose amplified systems: QCHBB-NI $150). How does the system work in practice? Calls come in fine? Connects to a phone without issue? Callers can hear you well?

So you had to cut to install your unit? All functions work well except the mute? The callers voice comes through the speakers?

Same questions for you. How does the system work in practice? Calls come in fine? Connects to a phone without issue? Callers can hear you well?

I like the 3200 LS but my wife may like the stealth and twin microphones of the MK6000.

Thanks for the help so far!

Do you have NAV in your car? If not, then just get a Garmin NUVI 660. The bluetooth is out of this world!! It even speaks out the text messages you recieve. I love my NUVI 660!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth: '05 and older