G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

black chrome and emblem painting questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black chrome and emblem painting questions.

so heres my dilemma. i am leaning toward doing overlays on the outer doorhandles and flat black overlays on the stainless trim around the windows. to match this look i would like to either paint my remaining Mt fuji emblem and G35 on the pass side rear (I N F I N I T I) has already been removed thanks to some child in my 'hood. at any rate. an option...or maybe not...depends on feedback is to paint the emblems with VHT nightshade to give them a "blackchrome" look since NO ONE!!! and i men NO ONE! does chroming in this neck fo the woods. the otehr option is all black logos on a black car like the camry's have. a third option may be to go with the black chrome Skyline badging although i have heard its hard to find and pricey and im not the type to rebadge unless its a full blown rebadgin including steering wheel air bag cover etc. although i lvoe the idea of the 350GT badge with the RED on the GT. i also like the idea of changing to skyline badges jsut for the dumb question factor from passers by and the unimformed. i did my fair share of searching on this issue but have come up with only a couple answers like where to get black chrome nissan logos from. as my earlier posts suggest i am leaning toward giving tghis car a very understated wolf in sheeps clothing look that appears to be OEM but aggressive much like you would see on an M series beamer or S series Audi etc.

Last edited by STLTHSDN; 06-07-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned
i know who does the black chroming in your neck of the woods!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just did my door handles and lower window molding in black overlay .

Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by soad
i just did my door handles and lower window molding in black overlay .

im going to be doing the window trim soon!

Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
ive seen the pics of one user on this board with the car all blacked out and it loooks awesome! my only concern is making it look too much like an 3 series beamer from the side. thats why im disputing going with the black chrome skyline emblems with the 350GT, there no mistaking it then! i did some researh on other boards and found that you can VHT a chrome emblem and if you do it right and buff it out etdc it will look amazing. the more coats you give it the darker it get but its still reflective through the paint.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
UGH! thats a pretty penny! if I do pay that tim ill most likely go to the 350GT emblems in black chrome, im gonna experiment with the stockers for nwo and see what i get. the grille is getting painted this coming week so we'll see how she looks, my main concern is losing the lines that make the G sedan distintivce amongst other sport sedans like the beamers, audis, Lexus' etc. once the window trim and nadles are blacked out. it shoudl look pretty ahrp with a set of gunmetal 18" coupe wheels.

Last edited by STLTHSDN; 06-07-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned
take you emblems to Lexus they can have them done there! I just took a bunch there this morning and drop them off! I found this out b/c I just bought my wife a 05 IS and she wanted hers done so I called to ask how much the emblems where expecting them to already be done! but they send them out!

Old 06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
they send em out here too, but it takes WEEKS!!! cuz im in canada. im gonna try the VHT on teh stock mt. fuji badges and see hwo they look, if i dont like them ill go with skyline badges. anyone know where to get overlay material similar to what bat uses in transparent tint, i may do the window trim in that instead jsut to keep that semi chrome look.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing
take you emblems to Lexus they can have them done there! I just took a bunch there this morning and drop them off! I found this out b/c I just bought my wife a 05 IS and she wanted hers done so I called to ask how much the emblems where expecting them to already be done! but they send them out!
How much do they charge for that?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by STLTHSDN
UGH! thats a pretty penny! if I do pay that tim ill most likely go to the 350GT emblems in black chrome, im gonna experiment with the stockers for nwo and see what i get. the grille is getting painted this coming week so we'll see how she looks, my main concern is losing the lines that make the G sedan distintivce amongst other sport sedans like the beamers, audis, Lexus' etc. once the window trim and nadles are blacked out. it shoudl look pretty ahrp with a set of gunmetal 18" coupe wheels.

Good luck finding the 350GT emblem in black chrome. There was one guy who did a bunch of them a while back but has not done more. I even got one from him and then lost it.