G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2nd time service engine soon light came on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
honestly, you CANT compare an accord to a G.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by express705
honestly, you CANT compare an accord to a G.
yea seriously, there's alot more going on in the G.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by basus
Disagree with you , in my 2 and half yrs of ownership of the G i had to go to the dealer atleast 5-6 times for warranty issues other than regular servicing and that is called " Unreliable"

On the contary my 5 and half yr old Honda Accord -- never visited the dealer other than servicing and oil change -- thats called " reliability"
Do you drive your G the same way you drive your Honda? I'm betting not. Maybe it's not the car....

Anyway, since you've got a 6MT, I think the only way your car wouldn't move (barring drivetrain issues) would be if you're not getting fuel and/or air, either because the ECU is cutting it off, or an obstruction (clogged filter/injector, debris in a fuel line, etc.), which would also explain the sluggishness.

Had the VDC, Slip, and Brake lights come on simultaneously over the winter, turned out it was just low on brake fluid. The lights are just trying to tell you something, it doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. If I didn't get a light every once in a while, I'd start to worry that they didn't work!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Basus man you are having some serious issues I wouldn't consider the G35, Nissan/Infiniti to be any less reliable than Toyota/Honda which have had transmission and engine slug problems with the Camry and Acura TL/CL. None of the rest of us have had problems like yours so I would say in your case YOUR car is unreliable. Let the dealership do their job it's under warranty and you should have enough warranty left over once they are done if the problem persist you'll be safe. Good luck.

Last edited by perry05G35; 07-06-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pska
lol I couldn't figure out how to put my img sig there; guess I have to be premium, here's a link instead.
You should be able to post a signature pix with out being a premier member you have to save the photo to your computer and upload from there by using the icon button instead of the url button.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Disagree with you , in my 2 and half yrs of ownership of the G i had to go to the dealer atleast 5-6 times for warranty issues other than regular servicing and that is called " Unreliable"

On the contary my 5 and half yr old Honda Accord -- never visited the dealer other than servicing and oil change -- thats called " reliability"

Whether you agree or not Nissan is no way closer to Honda and Toyota in terms of reliability.

Just dropped off the car at the dealership, today when i started the car all 3 lights VDC, SLIP AND SEL was on and the car refused to move. Shutdown and restarted the engine and only SEL light was on and car was very sluggish.

Anyone experienced this before

I used to have a 94 accord and Had to replace the tranny twice and sued them because they refused to honor the lemon law. *I had 5 major issues in a 6 month period*. It varies from car to car.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether you agree or not Nissan is no way closer to Honda and Toyota in terms of reliability.

Just dropped off the car at the dealership, today when i started the car all 3 lights VDC, SLIP AND SEL was on and the car refused to move. Shutdown and restarted the engine and only SEL light was on and car was very sluggish.

Anyone experienced this before
As a former Accord owner of 6 years, I agree with you that my Accord required nothing more than oil, gas, and a few tires. But I've also owned my FX35 for 2 years now and have also done nothing but change oil and add fuel. There have been a few minor recalls, but nothing that prevented the car from running fine until the next time I was into the dealer. I wouldn't make the conclusion that all Nissan/Infinitis are unreliable. As someone else stated, perhaps its just yours.

As for the VDC/SLIP/SEL lights on, I don't know about this on the G35 but I've seen this same problem over on the FX forum I frequent. Here are some of the comments and conclusions to the problems:

Looks like I'm having the same problems with my '05 FX35 AWD. I've got 12K mile on it. The car is stock, so no way any kind of aftermarket part could cause this. I drove the car 4 miles this morning and parked it to run into a store. Came back out 20 minutes later, started it up, and SES, SLIP, and VDC OFF lights were on and stayed on. It certainly went into LIMP mode, until I got to the end of the parking lot. I decided to restart. After the restart, only the SES stayed lit and it was no longer in LIMP mode.

UPDATE: I took the FX to the dealers and it turns out to be a bad throttle position sensor, which will be fixed under warranty. So it seems this is a common problem.
Started the pumpkin up yesterday and had the Service Engine Soon, VDC off, and Slip lights come on and stay on. Turned the FX off and on and just the Service soon light came back on. Dropped it off today to have them check it out. Their diagnosis: Bad throttle sensor causing the lights to come on.
This happened to me a handful of times - and my 2004 FX35 is completely stock. The dealer replaced the throttle body and the throttle position sensor, and all is well now.
You might wanna look at your break fluid level. I know this happens on G's and one of the common reasons is low break fluid level.
I had the same prob and it turned out the ground on the main wiring harness was loose. Dealer re-tightened and the problem fixed.
Got mine fixed, consult was showing a U1000 code which they apparently have a service bulletin for:
The main wiring harness ground was loose and they took it off and re-seated and re-tightened it!
Had the same problem and it is your internal voltage regulator in the alternator that is faulty. The vdc slip and service light come on and the car would not go more than 5mph and the computers glitch out. The alternator needs to be replaced!! took the dealer 2x of towing to the dealer to finally listen to me and replace the alternator after they told me it was the battery and replaced the battery. The regulator would fail after a few min/hour after starting and the battery would then get drained . demand they replace the alternator because 9/10 its the problem!1
good luck and have them call Ray Catena in edison New Jersey who have dealt with my fx if they are as thick headed and refusing to change it.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve
As a former Accord owner of 6 years, I agree with you that my Accord required nothing more than oil, gas, and a few tires. But I've also owned my FX35 for 2 years now and have also done nothing but change oil and add fuel. There have been a few minor recalls, but nothing that prevented the car from running fine until the next time I was into the dealer. I wouldn't make the conclusion that all Nissan/Infinitis are unreliable. As someone else stated, perhaps its just yours.

As for the VDC/SLIP/SEL lights on, I don't know about this on the G35 but I've seen this same problem over on the FX forum I frequent. Here are some of the comments and conclusions to the problems:
Well worded and very informative reply.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 AM
knock on wood...

I have my G for 2 yrs now...been to dealer twice (1st was to get free oil change & 2nd was for a faulty airbag sensor)...I'm planning to go for 3rd time cuz 45K service is coming up