G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Looking to buy a G35X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
How about sell both Stangs and get an 08 Sport G35X?

I can't. The other stang was my first car when i was 16, i've saved it this long and i don't want to get rid of it. Besides, it's a fun project car and hopefully something i can work on with potential future kids.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
How about sell both Stangs and get an 08 Sport G35X?

That thing will be fun as hell..

And i dont know why we, who use all seasons, get so much grief from the snow tire patrol! They work WELL! And everybody i talk to who has them, say they work WELL (on an AWD car, RWD i wouldnt be caught dead with A/s) lol
That is what we are saying also, they work well, but not Great

Old 12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Here we go. What is the name of this color??

Old 12-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

That is Diamond Graphite (no where near blue) It is a very nice colour though.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks. Well it's one of the colors i like. I may just leave the exterior color up in the air and look for a car that has the options I want and see if the color stands out to me.

So since i'm here, can someone explain the differences between the trim levels. I guess there are 3 for the 05-06's? Base, one with the Bose and the level with the Nav and bluetooth (for the 06's)

What are the different features for them? I looked at what i think was a base '06 and had the base stereo and none of the seating or steering wheel presets. How much of a difference is the base stereo compared to the Bose setup? Will it be a huge difference? I'm not really into stereos, so i want just a decent sounding stocker. Is the Bose that much of an improvement?

Basically most of the cars i'm seeing are base models. Do i want to put the energy into finding one with a few more features like the Bose stereo? Do you think it's worth it? I don't want to buy the car and then kick myself in the *** 6 months down the road for not holding out.

I can live without Nav. Most cars with it are several grand more then ones without.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
That is what we are saying also, they work well, but not Great
When the roads get as ploeed as fast as they do, and for the little snow we get, im sure my extra $800 in my pocket can go towords somthing more useful than snows

Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 PM
-MN G Crew-

Thats my color!

I wish i didnt have it though. EVERYBODY has a DG..

Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
-MN G Crew-

I can't. The other stang was my first car when i was 16, i've saved it this long and i don't want to get rid of it. Besides, it's a fun project car and hopefully something i can work on with potential future kids.
Ah, well maybe you can still get an 08 haha

Just save a bit more. Then have two VERY FAST, bitchen cars

Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 PM
-MN G Crew-

Thanks. Well it's one of the colors i like. I may just leave the exterior color up in the air and look for a car that has the options I want and see if the color stands out to me.

So since i'm here, can someone explain the differences between the trim levels. I guess there are 3 for the 05-06's? Base, one with the Bose and the level with the Nav and bluetooth (for the 06's)

What are the different features for them? I looked at what i think was a base '06 and had the base stereo and none of the seating or steering wheel presets. How much of a difference is the base stereo compared to the Bose setup? Will it be a huge difference? I'm not really into stereos, so i want just a decent sounding stocker. Is the Bose that much of an improvement?

Basically most of the cars i'm seeing are base models. Do i want to put the energy into finding one with a few more features like the Bose stereo? Do you think it's worth it? I don't want to buy the car and then kick myself in the *** 6 months down the road for not holding out.

I can live without Nav. Most cars with it are several grand more then ones without.
I'd find one with bose. Its a very pleasent stereo and its good quality for stock.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Thats my color!

I wish i didnt have it though. EVERYBODY has a DG..
It's a great colour Janik , that's why lots of people have it.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:13 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by GEE35X
It's a great colour Janik , that's why lots of people have it.
I like your color, or that twilight blue more.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Ah, well maybe you can still get an 08 haha

Just save a bit more. Then have two VERY FAST, bitchen cars

I would, but i'm also trying to save for a condo here in a very overpriced Northeast market....so i don't want to get too much of a payment for a car right now.

Trying to think of the big picture rather than living in the moment

Old 12-30-2007, 11:41 PM
-MN G Crew-

I would, but i'm also trying to save for a condo here in a very overpriced Northeast market....so i don't want to get too much of a payment for a car right now.

Trying to think of the big picture rather than living in the moment
Ahaha, yea now i get your story.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, you've been more than helpful answering my questions.

I just wish i could get a G soon so i can become an offical member. Unfortunately dealers aren't giving me what i want on trade in so i may need to sell privately. That may mean waiting til Spring because who would buy a Mustang in Jan?

Doesn't matter, more time to research and learn so i can shop educated.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im sure i'll get flamed, but I had an 03 coupe when it first came out, and I convinced my wife to get an 05x. I was glad to get rid of the 03 coupe and she'll be glad to get rid of her 05x in may when the lease is up. The 05 X's factory navigation is horrendous. She just ended up buying a garmin and suction cupped it right on top of the factory nav. The brakes are absolutely terrible. Although I believe on the 06x they finally changed them. The car is uncomforatble on long drives. The car creaks like crazy even after the fixes. It drives well in the rain/snow with 17" All seasons, but still skids here and there. It's actually kinda weird, it holds when i think its gonna skid and skids when i think its gonna hold. She recently got an 07X as a loaner, and yes it is definitly a huge upgrade to the 05 X, especially the interior, its still not up to par with real luxury cars like lexus or BMW. And I believe her's came with the spoiler, but not 100% sure. She may have had it put on by the dealer when we bought the car. I think her next car is going to either be a BMW 3 or Lexus is250 AWD. Getting in to one of those is a world of difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a G35X