G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Now I know how Gollum felt about the ring.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I know how Gollum felt about the ring.

I live in the DFW Texas area, and bought my '04 G35 Sedan 6MT in San Antonio on the day after Christmas. I had been studying the specs on this car, comparing it to the competition, and decided on it about a year ago. Having sat in one with a sunroof and being 6' 3" tall, I knew I had to find one with no sunroof to get the extra 2" or so of headroom. Gunn Infiniti in San Antonio was the closest dealership that had a 6MT with no sunroof. The salesman picked me up at the airport, and I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 hour drive home. I bought the car without even having driven it, and I have absolutely no regrets.

I have not driven a car with this much power since the 1971 454 Chevelle I had in high school. The comfort, performance, and handling of the G35 sedan simply blows that old car away, I have never experienced anything like it. It hugs the road through turns at 20-30 mph over the recommended speed without the least bit of concern. Whenever I am on the first row at a stoplight, it is simply impossible for me calmly accelerate with the flow of traffic. The fun of hearing that subtle growl of the engine and leaving the metroplex traffic behind, even for just a short time, is a drug I cannot resist.

The next big hurdle is to let my wife drive it- I know that she tends to hit curbs, and I just don't know if I am man enough to handle it- you guys may have to talk me through it.

I never knew driving could be so much fun. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=red>2004 G35 Sedan 6MT Desert Platinum/Willow</font color=red>

Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Now I know how Gollum felt about the ring.

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] First of all, I think you get the prize for best subject line of the year!

Second, I know what you mean about powerful vechicle back in your hands. My first was a 77 Camaro with a modded 72 350. I still miss the rumble and how just reving the engine would make the car rock! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Lastly, welcome and enjoy! This is the best g35 forum out there for advice, fun, and friendliness.

2003.5 Sedan Black/Black w/ sport, premium, aero, and winter packages. See my profile for updated mods list and pics.

Old 01-28-2004, 03:57 AM

LOL! I thought I was the only one who referred to his G as "my precious..."

- NICNoobie

2003.0 AT Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium Package\Graphite Leather\Signaling Clear Corners\AEM Intake (w/ Bypass Valve)

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 01-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Premier Member

Lol..I own an 04 sedan, and I recentley let my wife drive the car to go and get her nails done. She hit the curb, tore chunks out of both passenger side rims and when I asked her what happened she said "Ooh, I thought I hit something, but when I check ed the tires were fine?". The tires are fine!!! What about the rims which cost $570 each too replace. Never again.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:52 PM

That's funny.... I had the same issue with my wife. First time she took out my car she was speeding around the corner and rub the every-living crap out of the left rear tire. I was in the car just staring at her in disbelief. At least it gave me ammo to not let her drive anymore, although I could have probably paid her the $500 bucks to not drive it in the first place. It would have been cheaper than replacing the rim. But I can't really talk because about a week or two later I was backing out of the garage and accidentially scraped down the side of her car. Her front fender and her bumper were all messed up. Believe it or not, but my car did not have any noticeable damage.I had very small scuff marks where the rear bumper meets the rear fender. I told her it was payback for my rim. She didn't like that too much. I have had my 6mt for just about a year now and still love driving it every second I am in the car. The 150-shot of nitrous helps just a bit too.

’03 G35S 6MT, black/black:
-Zex n20 Kit 150-shot & Bottle Opener
-Amsoil Air/Oil Filters & Oil
-Digital Nitrous Pressure Gauge & A/F Switch/Gauge
-Pressure-based Bottle Warmer
-MSD Window Switch

Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 PM

yeah, like you, i look forward to driving agian. this is the finest car i've ever owned and isn't the most expensive either. i haven't let my wife or any of the kids drive it yet. i probably won't until i get the first scratch or ding or something so i won' get pissed that they caused the first damage to my baby.

04 6MT sedan, black/willow

Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 PM

I am sure glad I found this forum, you guys make me feel right at home, thanks. Now if I can just figure out how to graduate to newbie status from this empty feeling between parentheses.

I gave my wife a set of keys, I just told her that I would rather she not drive unless it is an emergency. This was my line: Honey, if something happens while I am driving, I'll be upset, but if something happens while YOU are driving, I'll be upset at YOU. I love you and don't want to be upset at you.

OK, not the most creative, but it may just work; at least until our first long trip out of town together, when we'll - I'll have to share the driving with her. [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

<font color=red>2004 G35 Sedan 6MT Desert Platinum/Willow</font color=red>

Old 01-28-2004, 09:37 PM

A) My wife refuses to drive the car and

B) I can count the # of times she's ridden in it on one hand since I bought in Dec.

Muhahahaha........all has happened as I have foreseen!

2K4 G35x/Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Wood

Old 01-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I am sure glad I found this forum, you guys make me feel right at home, thanks. Now if I can just figure out how to graduate to newbie status from this empty feeling between parentheses.

<hr></blockquote>
Done. Just remind us to update you when you reach 25.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

Old 01-28-2004, 10:06 PM

I wants it, my precious, I needs it, I loves it.

What are the titles exactly related to, number of posts, or are they basically random?

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 01-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What are the titles exactly related to, number of posts, or are they basically random?

<hr></blockquote>
Looks like you're overdue! <a href="https://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=2&Number=83950&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5&part=">Look here</a>

2003.5 Sedan Black/Black w/ sport, premium, aero, and winter packages. See my profile for updated mods list and pics.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, Shader7- you're officially an addict!

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint