G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New Owner of G35 with some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner of G35 with some questions

Hello everyone!!

I just bought the 2003 G35 Sedan with around 20k miles on it. I used to have a 94 Legend Coupe.
I love the car but have a few question and will greatly apreciate if you guys can help me and answer those you know about
THANKS for your time

1. I feel slight vibration on the automatic gear **** from the engine at idle (and also while driving on all speed range), is this normal. Same type of slight vibration on the steering wheel that is more pronounced while driving ( i think i need to get the wheel balanced for this one? Any comments as I am wondering is becuase of the 20k on the car is it from the get go.

2. AS you rev the enigne from 700rpm to say 3000 rpm engine has rough band between 1200-2000rpm and then smooths out? Normal

4. There is a slight noise every time you start the car and the engine rpm goes to around 1500rpm, I hear that it is ABS charging, true?

5. When making sharp turns around 50-10mph I hear some noise from the front end. I hear there is a TSB on it. Anyone got that done?

6. There is a lot of wind noise at highway speed basically the cabin is not as quite as I would expect any suggestions to reduce it.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Re: New Owner of G35 with some questions

hello...
i have a manual tranny but have none of the other problems you cite. are you sure you bought a G35?? j/k

04 6MT sedan, black/willow

Old 01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan

I have an '03 5AT sedan with a little over 20k on it. I have none of the problems that you describe. I would take it in and have it checked out. Hope it's nothing serious.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM

If you bought if from the dealer, I would suggest having them take a look at that. Might be a tire issue causing some vibration (as you suspect). For question 4: that is correct. That's your ABS. Sorry, can't help on the others.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:28 AM

Welcome and congratz.

1. check your tire balancing and toe settings
2. I dotn understand - rough band..but I think mine is smooth throughout.
3. your missing a #3.. so idunno
4. it happens aprox 5 seconds after you begin driving the car.. its the normal abs self check
5. no clue sorry.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Maybe the 3 missing is like the 13th floor missing in a lot of buildings![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] The cabin is quiet enough for me as well! It is way quieter than my Mustang GT vert was!!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 01-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. If a balance & alignment doesn't cure this, point it out to a dealer and see what they say.

2. I don't think mine sounds rough. Pretty smooth all the way. Have a dealer look at it, or when you're in for some other service and get a G35 loaner, see if it does the same thing.

3. What happened to question number 3? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

4. Yup. ABS self-check. Only, contrary to what these guys say, it actually occurs every time you start the car, as soon as you hit about 7mph. I've found that if I happen to be going downhill in a parking lot with my foot on the brake when this occurs, I can really feel it in the brake pedal as it makes the noise.

5. Haven't heard of this issue. Sorry.

6. The car is pretty streamlined and stable at speeds, but being a sports sedan, I imagine they saved weight by not going with as much sound-deadening material. You could try lining your doors, trunk, floorpan, etc. with something like Dynamat. It doesn't bother me, as it's quieter than the Accords I'm used to, and I don't want the extra weight.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 01-29-2004, 02:31 PM

Thanks all for your insight.
Maybe I am too picky but I will take it to Infiniti dealer, I do need to take it in for one of the recalls anyway. I actually bought the car from a Chevy dealer he got this car traded in by someone who bought a SUV.
As far as the vibration I was talking about, it is very minimal if you put your hand on the AT shifter you can feel it from the engine but again very minimal. To compare if you put your hand on the middle console you do not feel any vibration at all. This is when car is idling.

Old 01-29-2004, 05:02 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should get the car checked out at the dealer.

As to the cabin noise, this is a noisey car - I don't think Infiniti did a good insulation job on it. It is funny because in one of their TV commercials, they inply how quiet it is inside.

The noise does not bother some people. I think it kind of depends on what you were driving before. But it is a noisey cabin - in fact, noisey enough at speed to detract from the radio. In my opinion, this is one of the G's shortfalls in its claim to be a near "luxury" car. It's no Lexus, BMW, or MB in the interior sound level dept.!!!

Old 01-29-2004, 05:14 PM

Noise is a very subjective and personal thing. My G is MUCH quieter than my previous car.... a 99 BMW 528i. It's all relative....