G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Complimentary Loaner Car from the Dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the original pamphlet for my G35 from Infiniti (Corporate) stated complimentary loaner cars. No details were stated. I wonder if the pamphlet on the new models state complimentary loaner cars. I might just still have it. If I find it, I will quote it...Anyways, since my warranty is up, I've found a independent mechanic to service my car. They have rental cars for $25/day. Yeah, it is not a G, but it will get me to work. Plus the cost for the 60K service was about $300 cheaper than the dealer! If Infiniti wants to establish themselves as a "higher end" car dealer, they need to get this type of stuff straighened out. My in-laws have a lexus and they don't have this type of BS...

Old 10-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Eticketride
Let me just say that when I purchased my 2003 G35 sedan in August of 2002 I was told that they will give me a Complimentary loaner car for any service. I asked "Even for an oil change?" They told me yes.

A few years later, I was told that they would only give me a complimentary car if the service consisted of 2 or more hours of labor.

Now, in addition to the 2 hours of labor, they are also charging a fuel surcharge of $10-$15! I don't even use that much gas going to work!

So what is the point in offering a complimentary loaner car?

Does any still receive a complimentary loaner car??? Do they still advertise this when they sell the new cars???
I not sure about the hours, I've always gotten loaner for whatever service I take my car in for. As for the surcharge, some dealers will do that, others will tell you to return it with the amount of fuel you received with it so I guess it's all the same.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I just had an oil change at Sawgrass Infiniti (S. Florida). I was asked if I needed a loaner when I made my app't. I said no.
When I go to my car after the oil change, I notice it's been washed, vacuumed, and tires dressed. It looked great.
They are a very nice dealership in my experience. I had some problems in the past, and they corrected them to my satisfaction.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
It's not that I don't believe you, more that I can't believe you'd be such a jerk to suggest doing such a thing. Many folks on the boards like to badmouth "stealerships" as they so often refer to them and complain about how "sneaky" they are and your grand solution to this is to be twice as sneaky. There's nothing wrong with being an "informed" shopper. In fact I welcome folks who have done their homework. It saves me time in the long run. It's the folks who don't know what they want that take up most of a salesperson's time because you have to find the right vehicle for him/her. But while I welcome all informed customers, folks like you who are just out to be a complete nightmare can go and buy a car down the road for all I care.

I understand that some dealerships are downright **** poor in terms of customer service, and some salespeople are flat out rude, judgmental and pre-qualify folks who walk on the lot, but there are some of us out there who are actually good at what we do. That's why we get the repeat business, the referrals, the good surveys and the satisfied customers who oftentimes are willing to pay MSRP or even above MSRP. Because they feel that the "high line" treatment they receive is worth a premium. It's because we take the time to do a good job that we're able to afford Infinitis of our own.

The ethic of reciprocity "treat others as you would like to be treated" is a principle by which both seller and buyer should BOTH abide by so that in the end, both parties emerge from the deal content.
Yes, you're completely right I'm a HUGE jerk for wanting to protect my money and not overpay for a car that is already marked up quite a bit. . I'm not your average DA who doesn't know how much you really profit from a sale and what you do with financing. My best friend is a car salesman as you are and he tells me all the BS that they are told to tell their customers routinely just to get them to spend more money for nothing.

If you really believe that the people on these boards badmouthing the STEALERSHIPS for no good reason, than you are extremely mistaken. Basically you are saying that you agree with, per say, the dealership that told me it would run me $1200 (because that was what they stated the MSRP for them was) to replace my oem brembo pads alone and they would throw in the install for free. Let me take a moment to laugh at you......... Okay finished. They blatantly LIED to my face about the MSRP of the pads and when I showed them the real MSRP printed out from another dealership they said that I photoshopped it. RIGHT .

It's the folks who don't know what they want that take up most of a salesperson's time because you have to find the right vehicle for him/her.
Heaven forbid that a salesman would have to take the time to sell a car to a customer. . You must be a real friendly salesmen. If you didn't take the time of day to explain what the heck I'm actually buying I would take your advise and drive down the street to another dealership with salesman who KNOWS how to sell their product. Or I would simply ask your manager to give me a salesman who knows what they are talking about.

But while I welcome all informed customers, folks like you who are just out to be a complete nightmare can go and buy a car down the road for all I care.
Wow, so you would rather make NO profit at all than make a smaller profit. That is just strange. Let's see: No money; or some money. It doesn't take a 2nd grader to tell you that some is greater than none. You are the perfect example of why there are SO many angry customers. Salesman like YOU can care less about what someone does want and you proved that with the second quote. All you want is their money and for them to GTFO if they want a better deal.

It's because we take the time to do a good job that we're able to afford Infinitis of our own.
That's an odd statement to make after saying this in the first paragraph
It's the folks who don't know what they want that take up most of a salesperson's time because you have to find the right vehicle for him/her.
Sounds like you really DON'T want to take the time to treat your customers well.

The ethic of reciprocity "treat others as you would like to be treated" is a principle by which both seller and buyer should BOTH abide by so that in the end, both parties emerge from the deal content.
And Britney Spears is a fantastic mother . They also tell you in kindergarten that 'sticks and stones can break you bones, but words can never hurt you.' That is a HUGE lie. Yes, in a utopia everyone treats everyone else exactly the same.

Last edited by filanj; 10-13-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
I just had an oil change at Sawgrass Infiniti (S. Florida). I was asked if I needed a loaner when I made my app't. I said no.
When I go to my car after the oil change, I notice it's been washed, vacuumed, and tires dressed. It looked great.
They are a very nice dealership in my experience. I had some problems in the past, and they corrected them to my satisfaction.
I've only had mine for almost 3 yrs and every Inf. Dealer that I take mine to for service do the wash also. This was true in SC and now that I'm in TX it's the same

Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by G35papa
I've always been given a loaner and asked to just bring it back with the same amount of gas.

I take it and then the drifting begins
"BARTENDER!!!, buy this man a DRINK!!!"

Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 AM
The local dealer here (Infiniti of Melbourne) charged me $5 for a loaner when I had my car in for warranty work last week. I got an 05 sedan loaner. They didn't say anything about filling it up with gas. but it was nearly empty when I got it, so I had to put a few dollars in it.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 PM
IIRC, it is spelled out in the warrantee documents. That prob wouldn`t apply to oil changes, etc, but They have always asked if I want a loaner.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just saw a commercial on tv that stated that you got a loaner even for a oil change.