G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Complimentary Loaner Car from the Dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complimentary Loaner Car from the Dealer?

Let me just say that when I purchased my 2003 G35 sedan in August of 2002 I was told that they will give me a Complimentary loaner car for any service. I asked "Even for an oil change?" They told me yes.

A few years later, I was told that they would only give me a complimentary car if the service consisted of 2 or more hours of labor.

Now, in addition to the 2 hours of labor, they are also charging a fuel surcharge of $10-$15! I don't even use that much gas going to work!

So what is the point in offering a complimentary loaner car?

Does any still receive a complimentary loaner car??? Do they still advertise this when they sell the new cars???

Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i get loaner cars all the time when i take the G in, but its true with the 2 hours of work...

Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
ive never encountered that....

Old 10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they always ask if i want a loaner or not.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I asked the same questions you did when I purchased my car a half a year ago. I do get a loaner car, but only when I'm having a servicing that consists of more than an oil change. Haven't experienced any surcharges for a loaner…that seems ridiculous.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know the last change I went in for last year they asked me if I wanted one.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
My dealer started asking you to bring the car back with the same amount of gas but the service guy said don't worry about it. They never charged me.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by filanj
Unless you wrote it on your signed contract for your car you are SOL. Now if you have some really big ***** write in really really tiny handwriting that the dealership will pay for all gas expenses for the year on the contract you and the dealer sign. As soon as you have them sign it stand up and laugh because they are SOL. ANY negotiations you make with your dealer before purchasing your vehicles or signing the loan, etc HAS to be written on the terms of sale that you and the dealer both sign.

If you don't like some of the fine print CROSS IT OUT! Once you sign you are not obligated to what you crossed out with reasonable things...
Riiiiight.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the last loaner i got was a fx35. i had it for two days while my car was in for warranty work. i paid nothing upon picking my car up for the work to my car or for the loaner car.

no surcharge, that's BS. if you fuel up before dropping the car off they can not charge you. if you've driven around and return the car without fueling up, i can understand them charging you something.

the service rep asked me if i wanted a loaner, i did not need to request one.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree with filanji. If you don't like some of the terms, you can cross it out before you sign it. Make sure that all copies have been edited. Probably a good idea to date and initial (both parties) the changes as well.

HOWEVER, most companies who have standardized contracts, particularly something like a car company, will not accept any changes to their contract, and they would most likely refuse to sign it with any changes you made to it. But you are free to try.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
I've always been given a loaner and asked to just bring it back with the same amount of gas.

I take it and then the drifting begins

Old 10-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
I get a loaner, even for just oilchanges. As long as I schedule it at least 1-2 days before. No min. labor time or fuel charges, I just fill it to the same level it had prior and provide DL and ins. copy and a credit card for toll charges that they will use only if you don't pay.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by filanj
Consult any lawyer that really went through law school And passed the bar. They will explain simple contracts to you, so you can turn that sarcasm into an oo snap pawnage
It's not that I don't believe you, more that I can't believe you'd be such a jerk to suggest doing such a thing. Many folks on the boards like to badmouth "stealerships" as they so often refer to them and complain about how "sneaky" they are and your grand solution to this is to be twice as sneaky. There's nothing wrong with being an "informed" shopper. In fact I welcome folks who have done their homework. It saves me time in the long run. It's the folks who don't know what they want that take up most of a salesperson's time because you have to find the right vehicle for him/her. But while I welcome all informed customers, folks like you who are just out to be a complete nightmare can go and buy a car down the road for all I care.

I understand that some dealerships are downright **** poor in terms of customer service, and some salespeople are flat out rude, judgmental and pre-qualify folks who walk on the lot, but there are some of us out there who are actually good at what we do. That's why we get the repeat business, the referrals, the good surveys and the satisfied customers who oftentimes are willing to pay MSRP or even above MSRP. Because they feel that the "high line" treatment they receive is worth a premium. It's because we take the time to do a good job that we're able to afford Infinitis of our own.

The ethic of reciprocity "treat others as you would like to be treated" is a principle by which both seller and buyer should BOTH abide by so that in the end, both parties emerge from the deal content.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
My dealer tells me that the $10 charge is for maintenance of the loaner, and its like a rental, return it full of gas or they charge you to fill it. Also, they don't charge the fee if your car is in for warranty work, but you still have to fill it before you return it.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Eticketride
Let me just say that when I purchased my 2003 G35 sedan in August of 2002 I was told that they will give me a Complimentary loaner car for any service. I asked "Even for an oil change?" They told me yes.

A few years later, I was told that they would only give me a complimentary car if the service consisted of 2 or more hours of labor.

Now, in addition to the 2 hours of labor, they are also charging a fuel surcharge of $10-$15! I don't even use that much gas going to work!

So what is the point in offering a complimentary loaner car?

Does any still receive a complimentary loaner car??? Do they still advertise this when they sell the new cars???
I got basically the same thing from my dealer.

In December 2005 I bought a 2006 G35x. At the time they told me that I would get free loaners (G35x or better) for life. About a year ago they started sticking a time "requirement" on service calls (basically, anything longer than an oil change) and charging a $10 "refueling charge".

I've had my car in for maintenance 3 times since then and every time I just say "Unless you can complete the service in the 10 minutes it takes me to drink this coffee, I need a loaner." As to the $10 fee, I simply say, "That policy doesn't apply to me, when I bought my car loaners were free and that was part of what got me to buy this vehicle. I'll add gas to cover whatever I use." Those two simple phrases are enough to get them to do the work and give me a loaner without complaint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Complimentary Loaner Car from the Dealer?