Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Really sounds like a loose wire.
Who did the install?

Old 11-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Really sounds like a loose wire.
Who did the install?
That's what I think. I was pushing on the radio back and forth and then it came on this morning... Then turned back off. Someone my dad knows who is a mechanic and used to do wiring for vehicles also. Would the loose wire be a plug and play part or is it more likely a bad soldering job? I'll take the damn thing apart either this evening or tomorrow and check. It's going to be a long *** ride home without any music

Old 11-20-2015, 01:36 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Hmmm... just because someone is good at "wiring for vehicles" doesn't necessarily mean they're good at stereo installs.
Soldering the stereo harness is the right way to do it, but if they just joined the two with crimp-on blade connectors that could be the problem right here.
If it's crimped on connectors one could be loose and you could potentially just recrimp/secure that one better... however that's just fixing the wrong way. The correct thing would be to just fix it all by replacing any crimp-on connectors with solder.
Now... if it is soldered already then it could have just been a bad soldering job.

So either way, if it is a loose wire, you'll need someone halfway decent with a soldering iron to fix it properly, but if you feel like removing the unit and seeing about a temp-fix just so you have music for a trip then by all means.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Hmmm... just because someone is good at "wiring for vehicles" doesn't necessarily mean they're good at stereo installs.
Soldering the stereo harness is the right way to do it, but if they just joined the two with crimp-on blade connectors that could be the problem right here.
If it's crimped on connectors one could be loose and you could potentially just recrimp/secure that one better... however that's just fixing the wrong way. The correct thing would be to just fix it all by replacing any crimp-on connectors with solder.
Now... if it is soldered already then it could have just been a bad soldering job.

So either way, if it is a loose wire, you'll need someone halfway decent with a soldering iron to fix it properly, but if you feel like removing the unit and seeing about a temp-fix just so you have music for a trip then by all means.
Thanks a lot for your reply, you helped a lot! I'm pretty sure he soldered because he was saying how his eyes aren't as good as they used to be looking at the small wires while soldering.. That probably explains it all. I have a soldering gun and some solder so I'll see if I am capable of fixing it. If he crimped the wires together I'm going to be pretty pissed since he charged $100.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by MyfistYourFace
Thanks a lot for your reply, you helped a lot! I'm pretty sure he soldered because he was saying how his eyes aren't as good as they used to be looking at the small wires while soldering.. That probably explains it all. I have a soldering gun and some solder so I'll see if I am capable of fixing it. If he crimped the wires together I'm going to be pretty pissed since he charged $100.
$100 even using crimped connectors is still really cheap for installing audio on this car. So no need to get pissed.

It sounds like a loose connection somewhere. It happens! Hardest part for you will be to take apart the dash (be sure to check out the Double Din install guide sticky thread!!!) and figure out which wire is loose. It's most likely either constant power, switched power, or ground. I wouldn't be surprised if the ground wire was loose due to the grounding bolt becoming loose.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Vdc,slip,abs lights on

I know this question has a lot of answers but my case is a little different, after I start my 2003 sedan the light are off, as soon as I press the brake they are still off but as soon as I release the pedal they all light up. My fluid is a tad above the max line and the censers at the hubs are intact the break lights are working fine, please help

Old 11-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Well not good news. It turns out it is most likely a loose connection on the board of the radio itself. First off, once I got the radio out and turned on the car the damn thing was working again and so was the steering wheel controls that stopped working a long time ago. I went through and wiggled all of the wires and the radio stayed on. I unplugged and plugged back and all the connections and it turned on like it should. The only time the radio would turn itself off is when I would move the radio itself. I was even wiggling the plug that is connected to the radio and it never turned off. I called the guy who installed it and he told me to stick tooth picks into the connector (to make sure it isn't loose) at the radio and move it around and if it still turned off it is the radio itself. Sure enough it did turn off. Every time I tilt the radio back it would shut itself off.

Does all of this seem right before I see if amazon will accept a return on a radio that is barely over a year old?

Old 12-26-2015, 12:52 AM
Would you know f the seatbelt and retractors are interchangeable aswell? or even the seat belts from the 350Z to a g35 coupe?

Old 01-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Lower on stock wheels

Looking to see what my 4dr looks like lowered on stock rims. Will it sit right with lowering springs or will I need spacers?and if so, what size spacers are recommended?

Old 01-02-2016, 09:00 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by G35_ariel
Looking to see what my 4dr looks like lowered on stock rims. Will it sit right with lowering springs or will I need spacers?and if so, what size spacers are recommended?
Should have some pictures here with various states of lowered / stock wheels: https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...erd-style.html

Old 01-29-2016, 10:09 PM
I have a question , the 2007 sedan seats fit in a 2003 doggy door style? And what about the door panels? Which years are compatibles? Thank u , i hope somebody know about it, i am looking for seats and panels and a guy with a 2007 sedan is parting out his car , thanks again

Old 01-30-2016, 08:24 AM
? = 2B || !2B

I highly doubt the door panels are interchangeable. Seats maybe, but I'm not 100% sure

Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Thank u for reply, atleast i know i can have the panels, and i would like to know about the seats if they fit , cuz this guy is selling me the seats for a 100 all 3 and they are pretty good ...hopefully somebody here can comfirm about the compatibility, thanks nfsp g35

Old 01-31-2016, 10:24 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Honestly, even if the seats didn't fit, you could probably resell them for more, provided they're in halfway decent condition

Old 06-14-2016, 03:10 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Is there anyone who offers projector retrofits for the '03-07 headlights? I did proper retrofits (guy in a Facebook group builds them) for my 7th gen Accord and the beam pattern and distance is incredible compared to the G35 stock headlights.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: !!Look here before starting a new thread!! 2003-2006 Sedan FAQ's