G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Coming Soon… Cool New Bumper for 03-04 Sedans!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:18 PM
|
Originally Posted by heftylefty58
Lookin good, OC. How'd you scuff the corner? Also, what was the outcome of the side-marker fitment issue?
rubbed going in the garage - there is an exposed concrete foundation next to exterior wall that about 3-4" high, I usually angle up to it to give driver side door more clearance... didn’t know I was that close... new garage (1 month) + new bumper (1 hr) = boo boo... it's fixable (I think/hope)

As for side-markers I haven't had time to compare the OEM ambers... from a distance it's not noticeable... up close it is but it's level so not real odd looking... if OEM side markers are the same height as the clears, I'll just put some sponge tape/weather stripping stuff or something to fill the small gap.

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Premier Member
The gap looks just like this. These were from this thread so pretty easy to find examples. https://g35driver.com/forums/media-share-g35-sedan-v35/202290-03-06-sedan-diamond-graphite-brillant-silver-desert-platinum-pics.html

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:40 PM
|
Maybe it is the clear corners… do you notice how the ambers front top corner lines up to the edge of the bumper… the clears don’t… even though the amber pic is at a distance it looks like the gap is tighter than the clears… I never noticed mine having it before – but once I put the OEMs on I’ll know if that’s the issue…

For anyone wondering… I’m not suggesting the bumper is the problem at all… in fact Tim’s doesn’t have a gap – not just in the pics, I spoke to him about it… so it’s something with the side-markers I’m using (I suspect)… I just don’t know why it wasn;t quite like that with the OEM?…

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Premier Member
Well, the gap is so freakin even and straight through the whole upper portion just like the pics above, you had bat overlays right?

Whatever it turns out to be, seeing pics of the same gap on oem bumpers makes me feel there's nothing wrong with the mold. I see a Nismo, oem 03-04 and a 05-06 so which one is wrong? lol

Old 05-01-2008 | 12:01 AM
|
Originally Posted by rookie
Well, the gap is so freakin even and straight through the whole upper portion just like the pics above, you had bat overlays right?

Whatever it turns out to be, seeing pics of the same gap on oem bumpers makes me feel there's nothing wrong with the mold. I see a Nismo, oem 03-04 and a 05-06 so which one is wrong? lol
absolutely not the mold (like I said above)... as far as which one's wrong - from what I see the clears don't line up like the ambers... you're right about the overlays though, they probably took up some of the gap on the clears... But clears look the same (bigger gap) on all the pics in the link you posted - so it is definitely not the bumper I think the clears are slightly different than OEM ambers...

Old 05-01-2008 | 12:17 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Premier Member

Didn't mean to come off like I thought you were insinuating it was the mold. I didn't have any time yesterday to look at sedan pics. Since we have 2 done and completed bumpers I'm trying to answer questions and concerns.

Clear that doesn't have gap.

Old 05-01-2008 | 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by darrick
so how do you buy one?
You didn't like my bumper? How did that work out?

Old 05-01-2008 | 09:59 PM
I like that alot!

I need to do this too

Originally Posted by OCG35
Got my car back today… THANKS Viet (rookie)!!! And Thanks Auto Explosion!

I’m still waiting for grille from caskyline, so the pics posted are grille-less… I already scuffed the right lower corner – can’t see it in pics… the fitment is almost spot-on – the only area in need of attention is side-marker gap – I have clear corners (smoked) so I don’t know if they are shorter/narrower top to bottom than OEM, I’ve never noticed with OEM bumper – I am going to slap the OEM side-marker on later the see if the gap is the same.

Also, the tails are done (off topic for this thread, but I’m posting a few pics anyway)…

Pics are crappy – just wanted to post progress… I’ll get good ones up once the grille is done and details in other areas are finished… All in all, I’m pleased with the results thus far…

BTW - Volks should be here in a couple weeks... so please ignore my powder coated stockers...

Old 05-01-2008 | 10:47 PM
That looks really clean I was thinking of doing the taillights awhile back too. keep up the great job!

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:34 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
+1

The tails look hot!

I know you have been wanting and working for this so it's great to see them complete.

Old 05-02-2008 | 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by jran76
You didn't like my bumper? How did that work out?
yes i love it but i still need your nismo kit i got dibbs if you sale remember

Old 05-02-2008 | 12:43 PM
|
Originally Posted by ttrank
+1

The tails look hot!

I know you have been wanting and working for this so it's great to see them complete.
Oh yes... not many know better than you what trials and tribulations went into that project Thanks for taking all the calls bro

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Old 05-02-2008 | 12:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
I need to do this too
Do it!

Old 05-02-2008 | 08:22 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
Oh yes... not many know better than you what trials and tribulations went into that project Thanks for taking all the calls bro

No problem at all. I'm glad it worked out

Old 05-03-2008 | 01:16 AM
|
Worst Response Ever!

So… my girlfriend had not seen the car since the tails, bumper and side-sills were done… she came over tonight and we were headed out in 2 different cars… as she was heading to hers, I told her to hold on, check out the car… it went down something like this:

-------------------------------------------------------

*garage opens – new tails are staring her straight in the face*

Me: "check it out"

GF: … … … * just looks around - basically thinking something in the garage is different *

Me: “well?”

GF: “um… what?”

Me: “Oh my gawd, you’re kidding right?”

GF: * giggle * “Oh – sorry… yeah, that looks nice” {finally noticing the tails}

Me:

Me: “hold on let me back out and show you the bumper”… {backed out} “check out the sides”

GF: “yeah they’re body color”

Me:

{GF goes to the front of the car looks at the bumper}…

Me: “well, whatcha think?”

GF: … … … …

Me: “h-e-l-l-o???…”

GF: * pause * … “It looks like something an 18 year old would drive”

Me inside:

Me outside: “to each his own I guess…”

----------------------------------------------------
Now I’m 2nd guessing all off it – maybe I should have never started/done any of this... or dating her in the first place

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon… Cool New Bumper for 03-04 Sedans!!!