G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Coming Soon… Cool New Bumper for 03-04 Sedans!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008 | 01:17 AM
Looks great OC. The grille and headlights came out awesome. Now you just need the Volks to dial it all in. The stockers look very blah with the new mods

Old 05-05-2008 | 01:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by Infinite_636
'
looks great, i lol when i read what you posted about what your girl said. haha. got any side shots though? i'm thinking of getting it too, but kinda skepticle though. (and out of cash)
these are the only full profile I have right now - it's without the grille so looks a little odd... I am waiting for wheels to post decent sides, but this should give you an idea of how the bumper looks from profile (Tim probably has better side shots - it looks more complete with the grille)...

Old 05-05-2008 | 01:40 PM
|
Originally Posted by G35papa
Looks great OC. The grille and headlights came out awesome. Now you just need the Volks to dial it all in. The stockers look very blah with the new mods
thanks papa - I know what you mean about the stockers... I debated on waiting for the Volks before posting, but I like to show whats been done so far... Its un-friggin' believable how long the wheels take!

Old 05-05-2008 | 07:31 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
ahhh haaa... there ya go!

And now she just shocked me today. For father's day she ordered me a Wii and like $300-400 in stuff for it! I have wanted one of those things for a long time!

Old 05-05-2008 | 07:58 PM
|
Originally Posted by ttrank
And now she just shocked me today. For father's day she ordered me a Wii and like $300-400 in stuff for it! I have wanted one of those things for a long time!
uh oh.... thats just pressure to one up her for Mothers day

You installing the Wii in the car?...

Old 05-05-2008 | 08:10 PM
thanks papa - I know what you mean about the stockers... I debated on waiting for the Volks before posting, but I like to show whats been done so far... Its un-friggin' believable how long the wheels take!
I feel your pain...I had to wait for my iForged for a while too. I had Volks before but found them in pairs after calling like 30 different vendors

Old 05-05-2008 | 09:24 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
I got lucky with my IForged, they came in like two weeks!

The Volks I had before were 2nd hand so no wait there. I would go nuts waiting that long for wheels.

Old 05-05-2008 | 09:26 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
uh oh.... thats just pressure to one up her for Mothers day

You installing the Wii in the car?...

No, she knows that she will get a nice big thing of her favorite flowers and some chocolate covered strawberries from her favorite bakery. She doesn't want anything else. Ahh, what a keeper!

Nope, the Wii is going on my 100" HD projector! Time for life size games.
I'm going to be selling my house soon and the projector is staying so I need to get some use out of it!

Old 05-05-2008 | 11:20 PM
I just sent a bunch of pics to Modified because a friend of a friend knows the editor. I think with all the mods it has these days it will get a feature or cover on one of them. I'm going to send some more pics to Turbo, SCC and Import Tuner this week.
You my friend... need a professional photoshoot !

Old 05-06-2008 | 12:40 AM
|
I got lucky with my IForged, they came in like two weeks!

The Volks I had before were 2nd hand so no wait there. I would go nuts waiting that long for wheels.
yeah, especially since they are FULLY paid for

Old 05-06-2008 | 12:43 AM
|
No, she knows that she will get a nice big thing of her favorite flowers and some chocolate covered strawberries from her favorite bakery. She doesn't want anything else. Ahh, what a keeper!

Nope, the Wii is going on my 100" HD projector! Time for life size games.
I'm going to be selling my house soon and the projector is staying so I need to get some use out of it!
I've always wondered how you run audio and ancillary video cables to the projector... and how is the contrast? you need a pretty dark room, like a dedicated theater room right?...

Old 05-06-2008 | 05:09 AM
Back in SD**
Premier Member
I've always wondered how you run audio and ancillary video cables to the projector... and how is the contrast? you need a pretty dark room, like a dedicated theater room right?...
No, you don't have to have a dark room. I've been using projectors for years in "normal" atmospheres. Cables are a bi*ch if you are trying to do a normal looking setup. I've always had mine connected to my computer so it wasn't normal from the get go

If you wanted to use a Projector as your main TV. Then you could get a universal rf remote. Have an RF to IR converter (I think logitech remotes have this) and place all of your components behind your couch, that way you don't have to mess about with video cables being run from one side of the room to the next.

Old 05-06-2008 | 12:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by psedog
No, you don't have to have a dark room. I've been using projectors for years in "normal" atmospheres. Cables are a bi*ch if you are trying to do a normal looking setup. I've always had mine connected to my computer so it wasn't normal from the get go

If you wanted to use a Projector as your main TV. Then you could get a universal rf remote. Have an RF to IR converter (I think logitech remotes have this) and place all of your components behind your couch, that way you don't have to mess about with video cables being run from one side of the room to the next.
yeah, that was what I figured... you'd have to have a media center behind the listening area... not ideal for my configuration... I'm surprised though that the contrast is high enough to view in a brightly light room...

Old 05-06-2008 | 02:25 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
My projector is in my living room with a powered screen that goes up when not in use. It does not work that well in full light situations but is fine with the blinds closed.

My house is only a 1 story so running the wires was not hard. All my speakers (7) are in-wall and I installed everthing one evening. The equment is in the hallway inside a cabinet and I use an RF controller inside my remote so it all works without requiring line of sight.

One of my best friends owns a high end car/home audio shop where I worked while in school so he still lets me pay cost on everything. This worked out a lot cheaper than going with a 60" plasma which was my other choice. Plus it looks a lot better when not in use.

Old 05-06-2008 | 04:52 PM
Just wondering will they be releasing this bumper with Poly Urathane

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon… Cool New Bumper for 03-04 Sedans!!!