G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Coming Soon… Cool New Bumper for 03-04 Sedans!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008 | 05:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by ttrank
3M makes a good undercoating in a spray can. If you mask off everything else you could put that on it.
I missed this post does the spray protect against scrubbing on driveways & such?

Old 09-03-2008 | 05:59 PM
|
I feel compelled to post this… I kinda forgot how much I love this bumper – one of those things you take for granted after a while – or it just becomes normal and complacent… but when I wash the car, I swear it’s like running my hands across a fine @ss female body! The lines and curves on this bumper are so silky!

I love this thing! Sorry – I just had to say so

Old 09-03-2008 | 07:06 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
I missed this post does the spray protect against scrubbing on driveways & such?

I don't know if it's that strong.

Old 09-03-2008 | 07:49 PM
|
I don't know if it's that strong.
did you get your clear bra'd?... I need to - just went on a road trip (about 500 miles), it held up very well - but I need to get protected so I dont have to re-paint it in a yr... Joe (jmonsale) got his doen recently - I might contact his source since my guy is so damn busy

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:43 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
I never did finish mine. I started and had it about half done but noticed that there were some waves from the soap solution underneath between the bra and bumper. So I took it off and gave up for now. It's been soooo hot here this summer I have not messed with it since. Maybe this fall but if you get some info on someone who does it and what he paid please let me know!

Old 09-04-2008 | 01:05 PM
|
I never did finish mine. I started and had it about half done but noticed that there were some waves from the soap solution underneath between the bra and bumper. So I took it off and gave up for now. It's been soooo hot here this summer I have not messed with it since. Maybe this fall but if you get some info on someone who does it and what he paid please let me know!
the guy I use for paint does clear bra... he uses an alcohol/water solution under the piece - easily positioned and dries without the problem you encountered - I use it when I rebadged - it give enough time to position but dries pretty quick.

When I had overlays, the technique the installer used for bubbles and such was a hypodermic needle then heat (hair drier or heat gun) – it gets rid of the moisture under the vinyl, and corrects air bubbles – the needle is so trifling you don’t see any holes. You might want to try those techniques if you decide to tackle it again… I don’t have the patience to do it – I just need to find the time and find someone with time to pay and have it done.

Joe (jmonsale) got his done, I think he said it was $350 (I'm not 100% on the price).

Old 09-04-2008 | 02:38 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Yeah I also use the alcohol and water spray and a tiny needle that came with my first clear bra kit before I even had the nismo bumper. 3M also said to use the baby shampoo (few drops) and water solution to help keep it loose while you position it. I think I must have just not mixed it up well enough or used too much shampoo this time. I didn't have this problem when I did clear bra on my last two front ends, hood, mirrors, lower 1/2 of doors, A-pillars, side skirts or top or rear bumper.

It was $100 in material down the drain for this attempt. Maybe in another month or so...

Old 09-04-2008 | 02:55 PM
|
sux that the material was wasted - but at least you're getting good practice

Old 01-05-2009 | 02:57 PM
|
Unhappy

I broke my Kurookie
crappy phone pics:

Busted smoked side marker too... anyone know where I can get just one clear corner?

Old 01-05-2009 | 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I broke my Kurookie
crappy phone pics:

Busted smoked side marker too... anyone know where I can get just one clear corner?
damn that friggin blows! seems repairable tho what do u think? i got into a minor accident new years day at 5am leaving south beach and i was supposed to give my car back on the 2nd since my lease is up...now i have to waste more moulah and get it fixed F'd my lip up too! btw i have a set of jdm clear corners ill sell ya for 20 shipped

Old 01-05-2009 | 05:39 PM
|
Originally Posted by chobble19
damn that friggin blows! seems repairable tho what do u think? i got into a minor accident new years day at 5am leaving south beach and i was supposed to give my car back on the 2nd since my lease is up...now i have to waste more moulah and get it fixed F'd my lip up too! btw i have a set of jdm clear corners ill sell ya for 20 shipped
that sux (you broke yours too)... I guess we're bringing in the New Year with a bang (literally)... mines definitely repairable (taking it in tonight) - I ordered clear corners earlier today - wish I got your post earlier... oh well, thanks though...

I've been contemplating (slightly) flared fenders - just the portion that is flat (its always bugged me) - so at first I thought this was a blessing in disguise because one of the drawbacks to flaring the front is the side makers (since they are flat were it lines up with wheel well edge) – at first I was thinking I’d do the flared and have them fill in the side marker... but I wasn’t ready to commit yet - so its just basic repair to make it look right again... One of these days the car will go in for some body modifications – there are several subtle things I want to do... it’s too bad the little things I want to get done cost as much as doing more drastic changes

Old 01-05-2009 | 05:43 PM
me 2

i cracked mine also..
just not so bad...

Old 01-05-2009 | 06:49 PM
ahhh damn man. Sorry to hear that. Doesn't look too bad though. It's repairable def. What actually happened?

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by g35freak86
ahhh damn man. Sorry to hear that. Doesn't look too bad though. It's repairable def. What actually happened?
brain-fart when pulling into garage... my garage is very narrow and I line up far left to angle in (nose right) to give more driver side door room... as I was pulling in I realize I needed to get something out of the passenger side - its easier to get to before pulling in garage so I stopped just before entering and opened door/jumped out (in too much a hurry) with the car still in gear

It was only about foot from the exterior wall, and the wheels were turned left a little... so the car rolled forward right into the wall - I couldn’t jump in and brake in time

$400 mistake.

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:13 PM
damnnn man. Lol well sometimes it takes little things like that to be reminded ya know. it'll be fixed up good as new man. And im all for the flared fenders you were talking about. DO IT!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon… Cool New Bumper for 03-04 Sedans!!!