G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Bringing car in for service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008 | 05:36 PM
|
Bringing car in for service

I had 8 problems and none of them got fixed when I was there. I should of went over the car with them before I dropped it off. The heater pulley or belt something is squealing a little/whistling. When i turn off the heat it goes away. The guy said at 40k they tend to go and maybe need new belt. The TSB for the right rear window creaking/rattle when its up. He did not hear anything and it would be the regulator bolts if you could hear it when you close the door. He said he heard that common problem, but could do something to be under warranty is that he has to hear it. He said to fix that they have some type of foam liquid to put up at the top of window, where the weather stripping is. I have to go back tommorow to take a ride and show him. Next is the rattling in the car, which is horrible. Basically they kept blaming the aftermarket DD and that it puts out much more wattage as the stock HU. I said it was happening before that, infiniti has a 8" subwoofer in the rear. My stock subwoofer grill/ rear shelf parcel rattles bad. Also my front right passenger door rattles somewhere from the bass. They said its too much bass in the car. I know they just didnt want to take the car apart interior and try and find a rattle. He said takes about a hour for him to just take the rear seats out because you have to remove the lid also. Its not even really alot of bass, I only have a HU. Other people hear have the same problem with interior rattling with the G's. I have to go back tommorow to try again with the heater issue and the right rear window. I told them about the front passenger door not closing easy, you had to really slam it to close it unlike the drivers side door. I guess they fixed that when I tried to show them. The radio reception is staticy and completely goes staticy/dead when i go through a tunnel and sometimes when i come to a stop. I know the G's have the power antenna hooked up, but they led it to the aftermarket radio. Also with the passenger side front speaker turning on and off from making sharp turns and going over bumps. They led that to the aftermarket radio. Well looks like im going back tommorow.

Old 01-24-2008 | 05:53 PM
dang thats alot of stuff. What year is your G? I think I have the same issue with the heat you describe. Ive had the car in for this problem but they couldnt replicate it. Theres a small squeeky/whistling when the heat is on and the car is idling. Ive heard it on other 05-06 G35s.

I have had the rear window regulator bolts replaced under warranty, by bringing in the TSB notice. The dealer knew about the issue and replaced it without even checking it out i think. But if you have to show them, find some speed bumps drive slow over them with the windows all the way up and it will reproduce. Also you can hear it when you open the doors.

Old 01-24-2008 | 08:01 PM
|
Mine is a 04. They said it might be the belt for heater, but i will know tommorow. That means I will have to pay and its not covered under warranty, since its like brake pads. Wear and tear. I did bring the TSB, but they said thats for certain vin numbers or something blah blah. I will let him hear the noise when going for a ride. He knows about the issue anyways, but he also said if it was the bolts you could hear it when opening and shutting the car door. He didnt hear it. He will probably seal the top of the window where the weather stripping is better, so window wont move. I dont know. Im just a idiot for not showing him all the issues before they worked on the car and tried to figure out what I wanted fixed.

Old 01-24-2008 | 09:02 PM
i dont think the weatherstripping will do anything because thats not the problem. Ive read the dealer using silicone around the window trim and it just makes a mess. The window regulator bolts are too long and need to be replaced with shorter ones. It applies to 2003-2005 models, i had the same noise and had the bolts replaced. No more noise. Maybe try another dealer if there is one nearby?

Old 01-24-2008 | 09:32 PM
|
The main service manager said that there is alot of TSB's and that this one does not apply to mine because of the vin number range. I have no idea. I will see if he fixes it tommorow. Ya the silicone he was talking about. I dont even know why the regulator bolts would rattle/creak. There isnt another dealer nearby.

Old 01-25-2008 | 10:08 AM
|
Nothing was fixed i went back, we went for car drive. The sounds could not be heard, i couldnt really hear it either. Its one of those things that it will come on and come off. I know my car, I am always driving it. I actually heard it on the way home. Its a shame, I am going to have to try and diagnose the problem myself and fix all the rattles. For the heater issue making the whistle noise, he said you can replace the belt or not. Who knows if that will even fix it.