G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Bought an 04 6mt sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Bought an 04 6mt sedan

I just bought it today.The autotrader listing is still up.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=3
I do not have the car now because I had trouble getting in on my insurance. The insurance company says they need to inspect it and I need to bring it to their office which is 10 miles away from the dealership and the dealership says I cant drive it until I have some kind of insurance. I do not know why it does not have temp insurance from the dealer Called the insurance company and explained it but I didn't get them to give me insurance. Monday I'll have to have my ins company fax the dealership proof of insurance before I can take it to the office for inspection but they said they wont cover me until they inspect it. Anyone ever have a problem like this? I'll be taking pics Monday hopefully.

I had a 99 Nissan Maxima 5speed before the G which is here and sold. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=553268
Before that I had a 97 Maxima auto.

Anyway thou. I planned on buying a sedan for a while. I need a trunk and 4 doors and I need RWD most of all and a stick shift and the G fit the bill. I plan on keeping the car for as long as possible.

I do plan on turbo charging the car in the future and with that in mind what is the first mod I should do to the car that will give me more power and not waste my money knowing I'll be going FI?

I was thinking about solid aluminum motor and trannsmission mounts. Will the mounts for the coupe fit a sedan? A VLSD if it does not have one which I'm not sure if it does because I did not get to spin the tires... yet

Anyway I waited a long time to get my hands on RWD and I'm really happy to be part of the family.

Last edited by Andrei; 02-16-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks like a deal and a half if it is a clean title. Nice find.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Congrats on the car! I'm actually at the point of selling my 04 6MT sedan right now. Anyways the best bang for your buck power mod right now that won't be wasted later when you go turbo is the Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer or the Motordyne MREV2. Since you don't have a revup engine either one is fine, just slightly different power characteristics.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.htm

Are you sure you want to do solid motor and transmission mounts on your car? Doing these add quite a bit of vibration back into the cabin. Not worth it if this car is your daily driver IMO. But if you must Megan Racing does make a set.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...=718&catid=123

Also your car does have a VLSD. All 6MT sedans except for the '03 have it. You'll probably want to upgrade to an aftermarket LSD later down the line when you do turbo your car because the OEM VLSD is not very performance oriented and has a low lockup ratio. Good luck with the car.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:28 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Very nice, great find for one with the Nismo body kit!

Old 02-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I was going to buy a dark blue one with 29k miles 6mt but I decided on this one since the other dealer didn't have the financing I needed. I got a great rate for my age with perfect credit so far.....
The car payment is only $316 for 5 years so I'm really happy with the car and the deal.
Originally Posted by dklau33
Congrats on the car! I'm actually at the point of selling my 04 6MT sedan right now. Anyways the best bang for your buck power mod right now that won't be wasted later when you go turbo is the Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer or the Motordyne MREV2. Since you don't have a revup engine either one is fine, just slightly different power characteristics.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.htm

Are you sure you want to do solid motor and transmission mounts on your car? Doing these add quite a bit of vibration back into the cabin. Not worth it if this car is your daily driver IMO. But if you must Megan Racing does make a set.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...=718&catid=123

Also your car does have a VLSD. All 6MT sedans except for the '03 have it. You'll probably want to upgrade to an aftermarket LSD later down the line when you do turbo your car because the OEM VLSD is not very performance oriented and has a low lockup ratio. Good luck with the car.
I appreciate the help. I do know about the vibration in the cabin issue but I'll take performance and reliability over comfort.

Good to know that it does have a VLSD. I saw a G sedan drifting and it was an 03 and it had an open dif so I thought all sedan were open dif. I'll make sure to change the dif fluid regularly.

Last edited by Andrei; 02-16-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That's a steal for an 04 6MT Sedan!

I bought an 03 5AT Sedan back in December and I thought it was a steal then.. but yours is an even better deal!

Here's the link to my car: LINK

Got a decent deal on the financing also. 22 years old with no co-signer.. $334/month for 5 years that's including a 4 year (60,000 mile) Infiniti bumper to bumper warranty. Just had to put tax and license down.

Recently installed a Skunk2 5/8" spacer as my first mod and the power gain is definitely noticeable. Megan racing exhaust should be coming in next week. Well, good luck with your car and have fun modding!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
WoW! that's a great deal! Wish I could of found one with the nismo kit.
WTTC

Old 02-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's strange that insurance would treat you like that, especially if it's your current insurance company. Not sure about your state, but here in Illinois, you're automatically covered on a new car as soon as you buy it, and you have maybe 1 week (can't remember exact timeframe) to get the coverage changed. Never needed an inspection either.... Never had that type of issue with insurance, and I've had 3 different insurance companies....

Old 02-17-2008, 04:33 PM
wow, awesome deal, i bought that EXACT car about 4 months ago, Diamond graphite, NISMO kit, sport package, even same mileage

i paid $18.9 after some negotiating and that was 5k below KBB, thats an INSANE deal, why were htey selling so cheap? Wrecked before or something? Either way, gook kill

joN!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by stillmatic
That's a steal for an 04 6MT Sedan!
Here's the link to my car: LINK

Got a decent deal on the financing also. 22 years old with no co-signer.. $334/month for 5 years that's including a 4 year (60,000 mile) Infiniti bumper to bumper warranty. Just had to put tax and license down.
I like that blue color. I only saw one G in that color in person and it was the most beautiful blue I ever seen.

I did the same thing but I had a down payment and the car does still have the Infiniti warranty like yours did.

Originally Posted by kvangil
That's strange that insurance would treat you like that, especially if it's your current insurance company. Not sure about your state, but here in Illinois, you're automatically covered on a new car as soon as you buy it, and you have maybe 1 week (can't remember exact timeframe) to get the coverage changed. Never needed an inspection either.... Never had that type of issue with insurance, and I've had 3 different insurance companies....
I'm actually kind of pissed off about it. A few hours from now on Monday they will give me some insurance

Originally Posted by jonE5
wow, awesome deal, i bought that EXACT car about 4 months ago, Diamond graphite, NISMO kit, sport package, even same mileage

i paid $18.9 after some negotiating and that was 5k below KBB, thats an INSANE deal, why were htey selling so cheap? Wrecked before or something? Either way, gook kill

joN!
The title is clean. Capital One that financed me doesn't finance salvaged or rebuilt cars... as far as I know

The Carfax report I just pulled up right now shows no problems. It was a Cali car.

Last edited by Andrei; 02-17-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
congrats.. NISMO FTW

Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by JNTHNsG35
congrats.. NISMO FTW
I appreciate it.

Here's part of the Carfax report. Seems okay to me.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:54 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
congrats 6MT with nismo kit ftw.
Now start with suspension before anything else.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
congrats 6MT with nismo kit ftw.
Now start with suspension before anything else.
What do you suggest?

Coilovers? I want a low drop and long term reliability but no suspension noise. I can deal with vibrations in the cabin but no clicking or clunking.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
depends what u want, if ur not going to road race then something like my setup is more than enough for major improvement over stock. If u are going to track the car regularly then coilovers would be the way to go. As far as suspension noise go, i haven't heard anyone complaining about that with after market suspension so that shouldn't be an issue. I have had my springs and shocks for over 2 years and I haven't had a single issue with them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bought an 04 6mt sedan