G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sport vs Premium

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport vs Premium

Hi I plan on purchasing a G35 in the VERY near future, like towards the end of this month. I went on my first test drives on yesterday. I drove a 03.5 Sport and a 03 Premium. I feel in love with the sport. For some reason however I didnt like the Black interior ( I know its mental but the beige just seems to have more room) The Sport version I had the time of my live in, I was actually doing very sharp turns going in access of 50+ also it seemed to have a much firmer ride as i felt every bump and more precise steering. Both which I loved, and it also seemed a little more peppy than the premium. The permium was more of a lack luster drive it seemd i little more luxuirious and shifts were nonnoticable. I didnt even get the urge to push it. Which I feel isnt good.

I said all that to say is is there really a difference between the Sport and Premuim packages. One dealership stated the sport had a lil different suspension, adjusted steering and the variable valve was tweaked a little bit. The other dealer that was trying to sell me the Premium stated the only difference was an interior only package everything else was exactly the same. Which shall I believe or do you all have any insight. It sure would be nice if i could find a sport with a premuim interior My choices are kind of limited because I am in the Predriven market.

Also I received a price quote for the premium (32K miles) of 24900 and the Sport 25000 (27K miles). The prices were just from sitting down talking for a couple of minutes with them. DO oyu think these are reasonable? The guy with the premium knew I was coming form the other dealersip so he "claimed" he was taking a loss just to undercut the other dealer.

So if you took the time to read all this let me know what you think. Thanks

Old 04-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Re: Sport vs Premium

I never got to test drive a car with a sport package in it, and i really wanted to have both premium and sport, but i couldn't find a car that had both in the color combo i wanted. The sport package is a $500 option, and the premium package is a $3200 option, and in the sport package your getting stiffer springs and suspension and the titanium trim, whereas the premium package you get the sunroof, auto-down windows, auto headlights, dual zone climate and a bunch of other neato stuff, so for me the premium out-weighed the sport. The sport also has 5 spoke wheels instead of 6 spoke.

2004 Sedan
Black/Willow
Premium w/ splash guards
Clear Corners, Z-tube

Old 04-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sport Suspension Package is standard on the 6 Speed manual transmission (6MT) models, and an optional "package" on the automatics. The Premium Package is an interior comfort and convenience group of luxury/upgrade items (Upgrade Bose stereo, sunroof, memory driver seat, Homelink; auto headlights, dual zone heating/air, reclining rear seats, auto headlights, etc). You can have both packages on the same car (I do), but only the Sport Suspension Package gives you that "firmer ride" and "seemed a little more peppy" difference that you felt.

In your case, you were trying 2 different cars with 2 different option packages - go drive a G35 with both Sport Suspension AND Premium Packages, and you'll really begin to appreciate why this was "Car of The Year" and is still one of the "Ten Best Cars" sold in America now !

Assuming each car to be a 2003 Automatic with 20,000 miles or less, I wouldn't pay more than $23,000 for one with Leather interior and Sport Suspension only, and no more than $25,000 for one with Leather and Premium Package only, and maybe $26,000 for one with Leather, Premium, AND Sport combined.

But that's just me. Good Luck !! - DB

Sport Sedan Fan

Old 04-05-2004, 12:30 PM

I have both premium and sport packages on my car. If you want sport suspension, but prefer the wood trimmed door handles, you can always buy the the door handle covers (and for the automatic equipped cars, the shift **** insert) later. They are extremely easy to change. You can also get a sport package with a light colored interior.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 04-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Sport-Tuned Suspension Package" as it's called is definately more than just interior trim. You get a slightly sportier suspension, the 5-spoke rims, and probably summer performance tires.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:37 PM

I didn't like the titanium trim that accompanied the Sport package, so I got the Premium. Then, I bought the Sport springs/shocks from a guy on this site, who had just upgraded to the 350Z components. Now I have the premium options and interior with the Sport ride - it's a great combination!

-townsley-
2003.0 Premium BS/Willow 5AT Sedan
ZTube/K&N Filter/Sport Suspension
Grounded/Tinted/Splash Guards
Lip spoiler/Aluminum Pedals
Battery Disconnect Switch

Old 04-05-2004, 05:13 PM

If anyone else is interested in buying the sport suspension, I'll have mine for sell in about a week. It's from a 2004 with 2500 miles on it. Selling for same reason as above. PM me if interested.

Sorry for the brief hijack. Mine has sport but no premium. I tell myself that I didn't get premium because it would increase weight and the sunroof would increase chassis flex. But actually, I just lost so much money trading in my Z that my payments would have been ridiculous...

2004 Diamond Graphite Infiniti G35 Sedan
Z Intake Tube
5% Tint
ZAINO

Old 04-06-2004, 04:10 PM

I've got an 03.5 sport and premium...I'm lovin' it.

-T

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 04-07-2004, 11:11 PM

Thanks for all the great adivce guys, I think what i am going to do is to go after a premium G and hope to buy the sport suspension off someone on here who is upgrading or atleast get some eibach's. Thanks for all of you guys help and i cant wait to have the same enjoyment you all do.