G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

can the sedan look sharp without a drop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh, one other question....

My 2006 X stock springs have the following dots:

Front: one red, one yellow (on the same 'row')

Rear: one red on one row, two yellow on the row beneath it.

Anyone know what spring rates that is? Anyone know what the eibach pro kit spring rates are?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Konsole
Did you get an alignment done? How is your chamber?

I think I'd like to do the same thing as you (eibach pro with 17" on an X).
yes, got an alignment - camber is good, pretty close to specs... I'll be getting 19 X 8.5 +35 soon though - so things might change...

Old 05-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family person here as well. Pics of mine w/o a drop. It's not too bad with 245/40's. However I have been thinking of going down the coilover path.

Attached Thumbnails can the sedan look sharp without a drop?-g35_1.jpg   can the sedan look sharp without a drop?-g35_6.jpg  
Old 05-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh, one other question....

My 2006 X stock springs have the following dots:

Front: one red, one yellow (on the same 'row')

Rear: one red on one row, two yellow on the row beneath it.

Anyone know what spring rates that is? Anyone know what the eibach pro kit spring rates are?
I'm not sure what the spring rate is but they are progressive not linear - some people don’t like that for handling characteristics - but for daily semi spirited driving and occasion track it's a good choice...

Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
40, married, 3 yo daughter. Running coupe rear/Z fronts w/ adj Konis. Coupe 19s and Hotchkis bars. Ride is fine. The Konis might have to be adjusted a bit softer but other than that, it's perfectly acceptable. I drive my daughter around all the time. When I take corners fast, she says "whooaaaa!" haha It's like an amusement ride to her. Hell her toddler/baby seat is better bolstered than my own!
The improvement in handling vs any slight trade off is so worth it. Especially when I was running the non-sport springs/shocks before.
You could go coupe springs all around for the mildest drop at 0.5" and they have the same spring rates as the sedan sport springs. Just lower.
Pic
In all honestly, it's my Borla dual that creates the biggest hassle. The drone is right at the automatic's shift points during normal driving. Wish I could solve that.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 05-01-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Did you get an alignment done? How is your chamber?

I think I'd like to do the same thing as you (eibach pro with 17" on an X).
apparently Sears carries them now
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/218399-sears-webiste.html

Old 05-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
You could try upsizing your tire size and it'll fill in the gap a little better than OEM tires. I upsized and dropped on Z springs and have a wife, 4 year old and 7 month old whoo occassionally ride with me. No complaints, but the ride is rougher than the non-sport suspension I had before.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:39 PM
No F#$^$in Way Without Drop.....trust Me....

Slam That Baby

Old 05-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Eibach G35 Sedan 1.1”/1.1” drop on sedan
Spring rates in LBS initial/final front 259/334 initial/final rear 359/416
Side Note: The sedan Eibachs were developed on a non sport sedan, they did not use a sport suspended car to do the R&D work.

They being softer in front and a tad stiffer in the rear vs oem. Then ramp up to stiffer then oem front and rear. Final rear is close to the revised Z rate.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hankookstyle
No F#$^$in Way Without Drop.....trust Me....

Slam That Baby
This is what I was referring to......

Old 05-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heftylefty58
Thanks for the feedback, man. Sorry, just to clarify: Your car hasn't been lowered in your attached pics, right? (If so, I'm having a hard time seeing the 1/2" difference--would you happen to have before/after pics?)

I think my sedan looks great without the drop. I wont be dropping mine because I live in Utah and that would be horrible in the winter..

Old 05-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Gentlemen, thank you for the invaluable feedback. I've got a lot to think about, but now I know this: The body kit is definitely no longer my highest priority.

jimmyc13, Was your sedan really at still at its stock height in these pics:

If so, then you've helped me find my answer: The sedan CAN look sharp without a drop!

The above shots of your sedan look far better than pics I saw of a non-dropped sedan that had the full Nismo body kit. If your car really wasn't lowered during those pics, then my next move should be to look for wheels/tires for my sedan. I figure I can decide on a subtle drop later.

Couple more questions for you: When you upgraded your wheels, did you also replace your spare with something that matches the overall diameter of your new tires? (Is this even necessary?) Any speedometer, alignment, rubbing issues with the new tires?

Thanks again all!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Gentlemen, thank you for the invaluable feedback. I've got a lot to think about, but now I know this: The body kit is definitely no longer my highest priority.

jimmyc13, Was your sedan really at still at its stock height in these pics:

If so, then you've helped me find my answer: The sedan CAN look sharp without a drop!

The above shots of your sedan look far better than pics I saw of a non-dropped sedan that had the full Nismo body kit. If your car really wasn't lowered during those pics, then my next move should be to look for wheels/tires for my sedan. I figure I can decide on a subtle drop later.

Couple more questions for you: When you upgraded your wheels, did you also replace your spare with something that matches the overall diameter of your new tires? (Is this even necessary?) Any speedometer, alignment, rubbing issues with the new tires?

Thanks again all!
talkin' 'bout my g, hmmm
Ok, so my g looks crap to you? thanks

P.S. I hope I haven't offended any sedan owners who are at stock height.
too late

Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Texan1
talkin' 'bout my g, hmmm
Ok, so my g looks crap to you?
Doh! Busted!

Naw, seriously though, I forgot that yours was still at stock height. I was thrown off by how other posters kept saying "lower it like Texan1 did". I still find it strange that more person posted that advice based on your pics considering you haven't even done it yet!

On a side note, I like your G, but I'm not really using any black cars for researching what would look good for my BS car. As someone (or maybe you?) pointed out, black cars are able to better hide the clumsy look of the stock height. There's no hiding the clumsiness with the silver/gray sedans. So, that's why I was particularly impressed with jimmy's.

Just to prove I'm not blowing smoke, here's the car I was comparing jimmy's with:

(As you can see, the above car is definitely not ugly, and as a matter of fact, it was one of the cars I intended to emulate when I first bought my G. Regardless, I like jimmy's mo' betta'.)

Old 05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Check out mine...

I recently replaced my stock 18's with the Coupe 19's as many here have done but mine is still on stock height.

It definitely looks better than before, but in my opinion, I need to drop it to get rid of the big wheel gap (mostly in the front). For now, I am happy but will be dropping it for sure. One thing to keep in mind when you go with a
big wheel set up is that your braking suffers and as well as your acceleration.
Even with the Coupe 19's being forged, the weight compared with the stock 18's was much more. Imagine if you go bigger like what Jimmy has, you're
definitely going to feel the effects in performance. If it's all looks you are after, then that is fine I guess. Goodluck with your mod and just have fun doing it!

Attached Thumbnails can the sedan look sharp without a drop?-wheels3-001.jpg   can the sedan look sharp without a drop?-wheels2-005.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: can the sedan look sharp without a drop?