G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Mad about the G35 doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad about the G35 doors

I know this subject has been brought up sometime in the past, but it's unbelievable that an entry-luxury class car has doors that DO NOT close.

Today I slammed my driver's door three times before I got it to shut properly. I know some of you had similar issues and there was an explanation about door alignment.

What's that all about ? How does a dealership ... align the doors ?? I mean, isn't that a factory job ? Or maybe, I need to drive it into a pole and that might fix it !

I'd appreciate any advice on this (can you tell, I'm somewhat, a "little" mad about the situation ?!!!).

Old 03-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Re: Mad about the G35 doors

I do not have this problem with the G. Are the seams even all the way around the door? I had an alignment problem with a Ford Truck and the dealer adjusted the door.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:59 PM
IQ9

My 911 had the same problem. The suggestion was to close the door by pushing on the handle. Don't use any part of the door just put the pressure on the door handle area. I don't have this problem on my G but it might help. Try it.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's

Old 03-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the others had the dealer adjust their doors.

<font color=blue>Merlin</font color=blue>

Old 03-07-2003, 04:21 AM

i don seem to have that problem sory i cant help

www.derubeisfineart.com

Old 03-07-2003, 12:44 PM

Try taking it to the dealer.. Merlin mentioned that they can adjust..

..pestilence..

Old 03-07-2003, 02:01 PM

Does this happen when all of the windows are closed? I had a Mercedes SLK that the doors closed nicely when at least one of the windows were open or the top was down. But when everything is closed up tight, I had to close the door harder. This is due to the air pressure inside the car.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:06 PM

But if you feel that it is a mechanical problem, by all means, bring it to the dealer. That's what the warrantee is for.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this just when it's been cold? Now that the mercury has dropped to the low minus 20s C, the front doors have been harder to close the last few days. It got down to -33 C (-28F) last night in the city and some out-lying areas saw about -40!!! <font color=blue>Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr</font color=blue>.
Good thing there's no wind! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 03-07-2003, 10:45 PM

Chi_35 - yes, it's with the windows closed; I haven't tried it with the windows open, but I will now.

Gordgee - yes, it's rather cold outside (I live in Massachusetts and we had below freezing temperatures: 20F).

I will definitely talk to the dealer at my first oil change (which is coming up next week - I already have 1,100 miles on it).

Old 03-11-2003, 08:25 AM

This was pretty much year round. I didn't really notice if was harder to close during the colder days.

Old 03-11-2003, 09:47 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's something I look at very carefully on my cars-- I hate doors that need to be slammed. Generally all the doors on my Sedan and now both on my Coupe fit very well and close easily. These 2 G's are the only cars I haven't had to adjust at all to true them up.
Like Chi_35 said: it's probably because the windows are all up makeing the car nearly airtight that causes you to close the doors harder.
Gordgee has a point too that when it's cold the car's rubbers get stiff making them harder to compress and allow the door to 'seat'
Try fully opening a window to see if the doors close easily. When it's convenient I leave a window down (slightly) for that purpose. When I don't I know I have to push just a little harder.
Also you can usually tell if the door is out of alignment by it's 'feel' as it grabs the 'Nader Bolt'. If all is fine, then the door will close without catching or moving up or down. This happens on older cars too a lot when the hinges wear out causing the door to 'sag'.
Anyway like Merlin and Pesti said: it's warranty so the dealer shouldn't mind making them perfect for you.... With the right tools it's easy to do. Good luck [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-11-2003, 09:59 PM

With the windows and moon roof closed the doors on my 35S are harder to close that when the windows are open but not that much harder. My only door problem is that something in the driver's door window lift mechanism is loose. Two different dealers have not been able to repair it. I called Nissan/Infiniti about it and was told "the engineers are working on it". As to when the repair will be made available to the dealers: "we don't know". Frustrating.

Any ideas out there other than to be patient?

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue>

Old 03-11-2003, 10:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks to me like you're gonna have to wait for a repair from Nissan, unless you feel like taking the door panel off and finding out what's wrong.
So what is it the engineers are working on? A replacement lift mechanism? Does that mean one of those dealers found something broken or defective inside the door?
I'd wait if it were me--- it's warranty.... Good luck

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mad about the G35 doors