Your thoughts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your thoughts...

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the point? Was it too easy to copy and paste? Some one really had to put the quote in the form of an image file? What's the point of all the images?

Last edited by dmitriylm; 01-15-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
They bulge out instead of being flush like the old ones. It is hard to get a good pic of it while in the garage and it is to dame cold out to get out there now.

Will a tires shop swap tires after you buy them? She bought them yesterday.

The reason for the image is that IE locked up after I typed all that so it was easier to screenshot it than retype.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Why don't you get quality like Yokohama or Toyo?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
They look kinda badass...

Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Honestly right now I do not have the cash, esp right after the holidays. I have this same tire on my TL and could not be happier with it so I thought she would to.

Maybe if we went with the 215 instead of the 235. I thought she would like the handling with the wider tire better. She thinks it looks like *** with the tire sticking out so far past the rim.

I figured it would be better to get her a name brand tire vs some ebay knock offs. I got these installed with an alignment for $725.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Take them back....I know the tire shops around my area will take them back if you are not happy with them. Go back to the size she had on there. If she wants a better handling car, consider getting some springs (you will eventually need to upgrade the shocks as well) for a mild drop and a set of sway bars. She will be very happy with the handling after that.

Good luck

Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bimmerman
They bulge out instead of being flush like the old ones. It is hard to get a good pic of it while in the garage and it is to dame cold out to get out there now.

Will a tires shop swap tires after you buy them? She bought them yesterday.
Similar tires have different ride characteristics on different cars.

If your wife's G sedan came with OEM GY grand touring Eagle RS-As or BS Turanzas, those tires have a less agressive tread than does the Eagle GT. Nor are they Z speed rated. This may explain why she finds the GT noisy. The GT is a performance A/S much like the Eagle F1 A/S.

If the OEM 215 mm width was flush with the wheel rim logically the 235 mm tire, which 4/10' wider would protrude outside the wheel edge. With these tires, Goodyear's "Rim Flange Protector", makes it appear exaggerated.

I have GY V-rated Eagle ResponsEdge, which is a very quiet grand touring tire. With that tire and select others in their line, the 30 day satisfaction return policy is available. They even pay for mounting a balancing the replacement tires. However the Goodyear website doesn't state that the 30 day return policy is available on the Eagle GT. Go figure.

If you bought your tire at a local retailer, I would try to persuade them to accommodate you. I assume they are an authorized Goodyear retailer. If that shop gives you grief tell them you reasonably relied on Goodyear's advertised 30 day return policy as having applied to all Goodyear tires. If they still make a fuss, call Goodyear CS. My hunch is that they'll make it right by you.

Assuming you are given the full credit for what you paid what tire are you going to get? I agree with G35Papa. Go back to the OEM tire width. From the Goodyear line I would suggest the Eagle ResponsEdge, which approximates the OEM RS-As with slightly better wet grip and noise reduction. Another way to go is the Goodyear Assurance Triple-Tred which is available in an H-speed rating. I know more than a few people who have installed these on their Mercedes E class or BMW 5 series as OEM replacements and are very satisfied.

While the Eagle GT is less expensive than the other suggested tires by some 20%, Goodyear offers cash card rebates of $40 per set of tires ($80 if you make your purchase on a Goodyear charge card).

Good luck. Anything to make your wife happy.

Last edited by athens; 01-15-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Yea I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they can do. The guy is really cool that I have been dealing with. I dropped $850 with him 2-3 weeks ago on my TL so I am hoping with being repeat business he will take care of me.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
g/l man, my two cents would be to go back to oem size and away from the GY's. My car came with Toyo TPT's; I'd never run Toyos before but they are pretty decent for an all-season tire (I run dedicated Blizzaks in winter). BS G019s should be a good choice, too, if your dealer carries them.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
They look kinda badass...
Yeah- if your going for that un-lowered 4X4 look.......

Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I talked to him today and he said he could swap them out.

They have

http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...7&sidewall=VSB

or

Which should I go for?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 AM
^^^ Out of those two I would take the Responsedge

Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by TwinInfin
^^^ Out of those two I would take the Responsedge

That is what I am thinking as well

Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Bimmerman
I talked to him today and he said he could swap them out.

They have

or

Which should I go for?
As I said ABOVE....

the Eagle ResponsEdge is very similar in characteristics to the OEM Eagle RS-A tire. I've put over 25K miles on my set in 3 years, and they still have 80% of their original tread depth.

The Goodyear Assurance line is good. Definitely a more compliant ride than the Eagle line. For better grip I'd get the Assurance Triple-Tred.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your thoughts...