G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x - '04 vs. '05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:06 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
That is a premium thing that i also wish i had. Only the front 2 windows have auto up and down.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't forget that the '05 and later autos have the syncromatch transmission when in manual mode.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Auto up/down on all 4 windows was a premium thing on 05/06 models. Not sure about the 07+ models.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Qbrozen
FYI. If comparing comparable models with comparable miles, a car that is one year newer will typically be ~$2500 more. So if the features and styling changes are worth $2500 to you, then go for it.

Personally, I had a budget and the '04 fit, while the '05 didn't. And after finding out the power was virtually no different, I was fine with my decision. Sure, I would like body colored sides and the i-key thing, but not for $2500.
Fortunately now, the difference is maybe 1K or so, which IMO is completely worth it. There's a power increase, body colored panels, upgraded taillights, Sedan's have new front, but where the 05+ shine is in the interior. I think the 03-04 interiors are cheap and flimsy looking compared to the newer. Plastic < Aluminum/Metal Trim plus the Gauges are a huge step up as well.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
No way is an '05 only $1k more than an '04. Not in actual value if comparing comparable vehicles, anyway. You may SEE asking prices $1k apart, but that has nothing to do with values or actual selling prices.

that $2500 number I gave is a rule of thumb in late model car buying/sales in the ~$20k range.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Iv seen them going for as little as 1k difference as well.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having just bought an 04 2 weeks ago, I saw about an average of a $1500 difference from an 04 to 05.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
That just means the '04 asking prices are too high.

OR you are comparing an '05 with high miles vs an '04 with low miles. If they've averaged the same miles per year and have the same equipment and are in the same condition, the difference in VALUE will be greater.

BUT, just to add to the discussion, I have put word out to a professional and will post the answer when I get it.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
That just means the '04 asking prices are too high.

OR you are comparing an '05 with high miles vs an '04 with low miles. If they've averaged the same miles per year and have the same equipment and are in the same condition, the difference in VALUE will be greater.

BUT, just to add to the discussion, I have put word out to a professional and will post the answer when I get it.
"Word out to a professional..."

What? Because a professional would be best to analyze this discussion and the opinions addressed there-in, ya, blah blah.

Are you just upset because you didn't shop around enough to find an 05 for 1k more, it's really not a big deal either way. If you shop long and hard enough, you could find an equivalent 05 for the same or lesser price than an 04 or 03 for that matter. So many factors involved, but getting a "professional" to chime in, that's hilarious.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
No way is an '05 only $1k more than an '04. Not in actual value if comparing comparable vehicles, anyway. You may SEE asking prices $1k apart, but that has nothing to do with values or actual selling prices.

that $2500 number I gave is a rule of thumb in late model car buying/sales in the ~$20k range.
I'm just going to be argumentative for the fun of it, since you seem set on this.

How many regular 03-04 G35s are there that are even 20K, since that's your range? That's actually a serious question that I don't know, but my assumption is that there's not a lot, but I very well may be wrong.

"You may SEE asking prices $1k apart, but that has nothing to do with values or actual selling prices."

How do asking prices have NOTHING to do with the sale of a vehicle...I'd love to hear your explanation regarding that one.

Don't take it personal, I'm not bagging on your car or any car for that matter, quit taking it personal, but in the meantime, quit being ignorant.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
One more question - with the Intell-Key function, does that mean the car has keyless ignition or just the door locks?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
ummm... not sure why you think I'm taking ANYTHING personal. (at least, I wasn't till ya up and called me ignorant.) Sounds like maybe YOU are taking it personally, though. I've merely been stating facts with no personal vested interest. I purchased my car about 9 months ago and used car values have really tanked since then.

Maybe you misinterpret what I'm saying. Its not worth $2500 more TO ME. I certainly won't argue that its not worth $2500 to anyone. I can absolutely someone wanting to pay the extra money for those updates. Not to mention, it would be a NEWER CAR WITH LOWER MILES. So, by all means, I say go for it if its what the buyer wants. I was just trying to clear up the misconception that it was only $1k.

What's wrong with getting TRUE values from a professional? Now who is being ignorant here? The one who is basing their "facts" on asking prices? Or the one who is looking at actual national dealer auction values?

How do asking prices have nothing to do with sale prices? Because they are 2 different numbers, that's how. People can ask whatever they want for their car. But its worth what its worth.

I have NO problem admitting I'm wrong if I'm told the auction values are just $1k apart.

But ... looks like I won't have to. They are actually $3k apart.

Last edited by Qbrozen; 02-05-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by wombats3
One more question - with the Intell-Key function, does that mean the car has keyless ignition or just the door locks?

Driver's front door, passenger front door and the trunk have a small black button. If the key is on your person, pressing the button will unlock the door or pop the trunk.

When you get in, as long as the key is inside the body of the car, you can turn the ignition ****. No need to insert a key UNLESS the battery in the remote dies. Then you can slide out the key and start it like a normal car. You also don't need to put your foot on the brake which I think is awesome. My girl owns a Lexus IS250, and in the winter when i start it to clear the snow, i gotta get in and step on the brake and push the button. In the G, you can just turn the ****. One thing i hate however is it's not a push button start. The **** thing is kinda cheesy.

Also, when the car is running, you can get out and lock the doors with the key in your pocket and walk away. Someone can even drive your car away without the key. But when they turn it off, they will not be able to start it.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
What about the fact that the 03/04's and 05/06's are two differnt styles?? WHat if the newer 05/06 look is more desireable and fetches a premium?

06's and '07's are one model year apart, but the '07's are still the current body style so there might be more of a premium in owning an ;07 vs buying an '06.

Then there is the market in general being totally different from region to region. What works in one area won't work in another part of the country. AWD G35's might be few and faw between in the south and not be disirable due to added maintainence expenses and costs while a RWD G35 in alaska might be had for DIRT cheap while AWD's fetch a premium. Setting set dollar values on years and mileage and options is silly because it will vary depending on the car, where you are, what the people who live there want and many other factors.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
ummm... not sure why you think I'm taking ANYTHING personal. (at least, I wasn't till ya up and called me ignorant.) Sounds like maybe YOU are taking it personally, though. I've merely been stating facts with no personal vested interest. I purchased my car about 9 months ago and used car values have really tanked since then.

Maybe you misinterpret what I'm saying. Its not worth $2500 more TO ME. I certainly won't argue that its not worth $2500 to anyone. I can absolutely someone wanting to pay the extra money for those updates. Not to mention, it would be a NEWER CAR WITH LOWER MILES. So, by all means, I say go for it if its what the buyer wants. I was just trying to clear up the misconception that it was only $1k.

What's wrong with getting TRUE values from a professional? Now who is being ignorant here? The one who is basing their "facts" on asking prices? Or the one who is looking at actual national dealer auction values?

How do asking prices have nothing to do with sale prices? Because they are 2 different numbers, that's how. People can ask whatever they want for their car. But its worth what its worth.

I have NO problem admitting I'm wrong if I'm told the auction values are just $1k apart.

But ... looks like I won't have to. They are actually $3k apart.
Wow, you're an idiot, sorry, needs to be said.

"How do asking prices have nothing to do with sale prices? Because they are 2 different numbers, that's how. People can ask whatever they want for their car. But its worth what its worth."

So there's no correlation with asking price and selling price? Asking 40K, but sold for 20K...ya, that happens, oh wait, not surprisingly, you're wrong.

Anyone, this is pointless. Like I said, and like EVERYONE but you realizes, there are way too many factors involved with car pricing. 1k difference or less is certainly feasibly based on a numerous amount of factors.

I win, you lose.

Last edited by Idyfohu; 02-06-2009 at 12:05 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x - '04 vs. '05