G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dome Light Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if there is some sort of reset on the BCM. You said your car battery went dead completely, and the BCM is the unit that starts to turn off things off on a timer to save battery function. So lets say you left your interior lights on and it shut them off, then your battery dies anyway. I wonder if it is stuck in some mode or something because the BCM itself lost power. By the way these are all just guesses. I have installed all kinds of electrical things to my Z and interfaced with this and that, but the BCM functions have always been a mystery to me. It interfaces just about every system in the car.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by VandyZ
I wonder if there is some sort of reset on the BCM. You said your car battery went dead completely, and the BCM is the unit that starts to turn off things off on a timer to save battery function. So lets say you left your interior lights on and it shut them off, then your battery dies anyway. I wonder if it is stuck in some mode or something because the BCM itself lost power. By the way these are all just guesses. I have installed all kinds of electrical things to my Z and interfaced with this and that, but the BCM functions have always been a mystery to me. It interfaces just about every system in the car.
That's what I hoping for. I was working on my car for a couple of hours and had my radio on with amp and the subwoofer. When I finish, i start my car, but the battery didn't have enough juice to crank the starter. So, the battery was not completely dead (my bad), just not enough power to start the car. I jump start it, everything else work. I can turn off and start the car again with no problem. When the battery was low, I did try to start the car a few times, maybe that might of cause the BCM to get short circuit or ???

Old 02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
I can email you the Trouble Diagnosis for the 03 Z for the interior lamp including the BCM check. I know its not the G, but it may help. PM me your email address if you want.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the all input. I was able to fix the problem. I try a couple of things. Don't know which one did it though. First, I unplug the ground and power to the battery. Then recharge the battery anyway. I give the BCM couple of hits with the screwdriver. I don't know, guess maybe if i hit it a few times, it will reset or unstuck itself or something. I think it was something simple as unplugging the battery terminal for 15+ minutes did the trick. Again, thank you all for opinion. Now, i can sleep a little "happiper".

Old 02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Good to hear!

Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by G35GL450GSXR750
Hey guys,
Thanks for the all input. I was able to fix the problem. I try a couple of things. Don't know which one did it though. First, I unplug the ground and power to the battery. Then recharge the battery anyway. I give the BCM couple of hits with the screwdriver. I don't know, guess maybe if i hit it a few times, it will reset or unstuck itself or something. I think it was something simple as unplugging the battery terminal for 15+ minutes did the trick. Again, thank you all for opinion. Now, i can sleep a little "happiper".
I had this exact problem. did the exact same thing. It worked!!! I guess it had something to do with boosting the battery. I red something on this forum about boosting the battery improperly can have some neagtive effects on our cars?can anyone point me in the right direction as to how its supposed to be done. Thanks G35GL450GSXR750 and g35driver.com

Again I have to say that this forum has been VERY resourceful for a guy without a warranty. Just about to hit 140,000kms..Planning a lot of DIY's..lol.. Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by Vic101; 03-11-2009 at 05:05 PM.