G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Well, he did say he's been researching and his questions support that. He's also got very specific questions and not some generalized "What's the best exhaust?", so no flaming is warranted.

Why is it "TOO STOCKish"? The Y-pipe and Coupe middy are excellent sound upgrades to an 03-04 Sedan and will cost less than $200. And 350z springs are as good as any "decent" aftermarket springs. For "decent springs, racing y pipe and custom make an exhaust" you'll spend 5-10 times as much as on those "Stockish" upgrades, and get minimal gains over the stock mods as well. That to me is a real waste of money.

BTW, read the sticky on springs. Most aftermarket springs designed for the G/350Z are too soft. The revised G springs offer a very nice upgrade to any G35 that you'd be hard pressed to match in an aftermarket setup short of coilovers.
Right on the money.

Our Sedans are solid cars. If you want to get the best out of them you will have to drop heavy money. That's why people go the "stockish" way because there are just as good as the cheaper aftermarket parts, if not better.

To the OP, i would get the HKS muffler, HR Y-pipe and coupe midpipe if you want. Shouldn't be more than 500-600 if you get them all used. nice sounddd

Old 08-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
All the posts from your thread have been moved here since this is the purpose of this thread.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
So I need some opinions on what I should do next.

Currently I am dropped on zprings and am about to run 235/40/18 since that tire size is extremely cheap. I am debating getting 25mm spacers all the way or spending the money on a grounding kit and assorted engine mods. Any input?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
06x i need to get rid of these springs and get those new coilovers for the X.
I only run staggered on the rims< i know they say no no for the X, but come explain that to me i'll teach u a thing or two =]
I changed more then 5-6 sets so far, from aftermarkets to Oem 19s of all kinds lol...
I have ztube & kn&n and stock intake box modded.
5/16spacer.
labree High flowcats
full borla TD exhaust customed to fit the X...
on 17s and no spare, I get to give 2nd gens a good beating lol... STOP lookin down at the 1st GENS SON! lol

Just put these rims on 2 weeks ago, and in 2 weeks I'll put them up for sale. Im probbly going to get these Vossen 082s with Black lip.

Id like to get the OEM front lip, Cause I ran over my lip =X dont ask
black Roof wing would compliment the black roof. Kinda sick of the rear blacked out tails. SO prbbly GTR style.

Oh yeah and a single snail or a Vortech would make my day.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
since no one else updated... LAST WEEK ^^^^

THIS WEEK \/\/\/\/\/

Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Heist.
So I need some opinions on what I should do next.

Currently I am dropped on zprings and am about to run 235/40/18 since that tire size is extremely cheap. I am debating getting 25mm spacers all the way or spending the money on a grounding kit and assorted engine mods. Any input?
The 235/40 is pretty small, about 3.5% smaller than stock. I'd think about going to at least a 245/40 because you might run into VDC problems with the smaller tire. It may come on more often because it thinks the wheels are over-spinning (more revolutions needed for the same distance). Prices are pretty good on that size too. As for wheel spacers, you have to decide if appearance is more important than performance. Or look for some Coupe 18's since they have a better offset (+30).

And while I think a grounding kit is helpful on a 5AT (I have a 10 wire kit), it can wait until after you've done your intake and plenum spacer. You'll get alot more benefit out of those and can add grounding later.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
is there a point to an 03 350z y-pipe on an 04 sedan?

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 08-25-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
A little better flow and sound change.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys ... im a super duper noobie and jus purchased a 06 g35 sedan ... im interested in much show but more into the go go part ... so guess i need suggestions ... as the first basics ... i'll b starting with the intakes headers n exhausts ... for intake im thinking of going for stillen as it seems the best buy for now and i live in UAE or dubai ... so shipping will cost me a bit so im not too sure if i wanna buy jus the drop in filter then the z tube etc ... but if its a better performer then sure !!! next wud be the exhaust again ... which would be the best exhaust system and or should i jus get the backbox (im not in it for the noise) and i read somewhere in the forums tht the headers arent much of a help ... so pls advise i want to take it from here and build it into a good track and dd !!! thanx guys !!!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Stillen shouldn't even be mentioned in an exhaust thread about gaining a "little bit" of sound. From what I hear/read, both versions drone to the point of some taking it off.
* raises hand *

Originally Posted by 4mermarine
Taking account of all the advice (ignoring sweettalker) and another day of searching I'm going to go with the coupe middy for the slight increase in sound and weight savings... Also I want to go with the coupe springs because the drop is not as much as the 350Z springs... Does that sound about right?

Final advice needed... What shocks/struts should I get with the coupe springs? I want to buy new OEM equivelants.
I really like my Z front/coupe rear combo - to me it sits perfectly, though if anything I'd go a touch lower in the front, so coupe springs up front might leave more gap than you would like. And as long as they're in good shape, go with the shocks that come with the springs. It don't get no OEM-er than that!

As far as the coupe middy, yeah, go for it while you ponder the HKS. Should make at least some diff in your sound.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Alex2x3
This is perfect.
How about I start it off, because I was planning on doing this anyway.
First off, I'll say I'm in love with my new, for me at least, Black Obsidian 05 G35x.

Still I want to start modding as soon as the spring rolls around.
The first few things I plan on doing, is for sure getting some black rims, and some blackbatmobile overlays for the headlight and tail light.
As for the rims, my budget isn't that great, and as a 16 year old having to pay for it all myself, I do not think it'll get to great haha. I'm at the moment look at some Stern wheels and tire package I found on ebay, its around 1300 so if anyone has any suggestions for something near there thats glossy black. I'd love it.

But after those two things, I'm pretty much just jumping all over.
After my wheels I'm gonna have to save up a bit, but I'm not sure whats worth it and whats not. Especially not being too automotivly inclined.
I really would love a new exhaust because I really want a good deep, loud sound, or to drop the car.
Both those things are really expensive though it seems.
So if any of you guys can help something for that, I'd appreciated it also.
I would also want to do something performance stuff if I could, but theres so much, I heard people talking bout spacers, or pop chargers, and ztubes, and I really don't understand any of it. haha
So pretty much, i'd prolly like to go best bang for the buck.

Thanks, I know I basiclly don't know anything. haha
P.S. I read alot on the site, and have looked through the stickies, but I always get confused with having the X what I can and can not actually do.

Thanks again,
Alex
I'm 24, and when I was 16 I drove a 98 Ford Taurus SE. How the hell do you have g35???

Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
^ im' wit you. I had a 90 Honda Crx when I 16. Check out the how many sedan owners under 35 thread, bunch of young cats wit G's.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Eh i had a fully loaded Tahoe at 16.. at 18 i got my G =)
For all the new owners that are trying to get some performance out of their G but are limited due to fiances.. go with the Moterdyne Spacer.. if your looking for some sound upgrades.. intakes are a clear choice.. but otherwise check out the hks sport muffler.. some say it drones too much.. but it grew on me.. as for cosmetic.. get some clear corners and blue bats..

Old 09-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Obsidian Black Sedan with sport suspension and every option. I started my mods with DBA 5000 rotors and Hawk ceramic pads. Gotta make sure you can stop right? Added Tokico shocks for comfort. Then added the Motordyne 5/16 copper thermo plenum spacer since I'm in WI. Great mod. Added noticeable power. GT Spec tower brace for cornering. Looks perfect under the hood with the Infiniti symbol just above the bar. Bolt on JWT popcharger for more response. Came with filter, brace, and heat sheild that channels air in from the under hood air duct. Increased exhaust sound which was a pleasant surprise. Tinted the windows to 30% for all but the front. Wired an open circuit to by pass the yaw sensor in the VDC control that resets itself every time you start up. Lets the back end bust loose in an automatic. You can find them under the center console. Orange wire. Installed an awesome 10 wire grounding kit from Sentientbydesign. Response is insane and super easy to install. All I have left is rims, tires, high flow cats to muffler, paint grill, and deemblem. Love every mod. Wouldn't change a thing. Didn't cost a fortune either.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
04.5 6MT Sedan. Current mods are Stillen CAI, Stillen Gen 2 exhaust dropped on unrevised Z/G spring combo with OEM sport shocks. I have picked up some coupe 19's and am having trouble deciding tire size. They are 4 rears 19x8.5. Thinking of 255/35 or 245/40 all around. Any suggestions over the two??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread