G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Me and two 330s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and two 330s

Driving home tonight I enter the acceleration ramp and a BMW pulls right up my ***. I'm really getting tired of this crap so I WOT into the middle left lane then pull back to the right lane. The traffic flow won't give either one of us a window so I get to see that he's a 330xi. Then another 330 pulls behind him. Then I pull behind them. The highway expands into 3 lanes and as expected, the xi goes off with the other 330 after him. I follow through traffic for about 2 miles not letting them pull on me. Finally I pull back to get off my exit and notice the two 330s slowed down next to each other. At first I think that they're thumbs upping each other on how they smoked me then I see a state trooper in the center median. Haha! Prolly both had a good holy sh$t moment. Why do BMWs feel the constant need to sniff my ***?

2K4 G35x/Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Wood
Stillen Hi-Flow/ Z tube/ Crawford V5/ Ground Kit

Old 06-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Re: Me and two 330s

X,

Jealousy I guess. Its nice how the G keeps winning in the Sports Sedan comparos tests in the magazines. Another manufacturer finally beat BMW at their own game, and the Beemer Boys can't stand it! I'll take our 260 bhp from Japan over 225 ponies from the Black Forest any day...

Q

Old 06-28-2004, 09:02 PM

X,

Jealousy I guess. Its nice how the G keeps winning in the Sports Sedan comparo tests in the magazines. Another manufacturer finally beat BMW at their own game, and the Beemer Boys can't stand it! I'll take our 260 bhp from Japan over 225 ponies from the Black Forest any day...

Q

Old 06-29-2004, 12:39 AM

my sister owns a 330CI Convertible with ZHP (performance Package) .... since shes out of town i took it for a spin a few times... honestlyy it feels like a bmw.. the smooothest ride and the curbs relly hugs you .. acelerates pretty fast n you dont even realize it but for some reason i really missed my G35. When i got home i dropped off the bmw keys n took mine.. i love going into my car knowing its fast and big at the same time.... But its a sik car let me tel ya.. the M body kits, spoiler, Alacantra steeringwheels, Performance package M rims.. like i said b4 for sumr eason i wanted my G back badlly

Pictures...

Old 06-29-2004, 01:09 PM

Honestly Xman...I would chalk it up to paranoia. I have found for whatever reason each sports sedan/ car owner wants to believe that their car is the fastest....regardless of whether or not it really is. What it really comes down to is being mature enough to not really care whose car is faster, and not be drawn into situations where you expose others and yourself to unnecessary risk...as well as tickets...and wasting your gas on your ego.

Tony B.
2003.5 G35 Caribbean Blue Sedan

Old 06-29-2004, 02:57 PM

I agree and there's always a faster car out there. This occurred after I had spent 4 hours traveling in a mini-van with an all day meeting in between. Usually I don't let a$$holes get to me, but I was not in the mood last night.

Deep cleansing breaths....

2K4 G35x/Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Wood
Stillen Hi-Flow/ Z tube/ Crawford V5/ Ground Kit

Old 06-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

I know I know -

I swear I have people intentionally cutting me off...Happens to me at least 3 times a day...

If people aren't giving me props for my cpe...then they're giving me an evil eye...

Depending if i'm in the moood and if it's safe to do so...I'll smoke them...Otherwise...it's not worth the risk of a tix, accident, or worse...They got a problem with me and my G that's their problem....They can hate all they want..

bobs - sf

Old 07-02-2004, 01:45 AM

Maybe he just wanted to stay on ur bumper so he can cut the guys on the side faster? Maybe he was just racing the bmw next to him and didn't even notice you? Maybe he was just having fun driving his car? Maybe he gave thumbs ups to just each other? Either your paranoid, or your cocky with your car. People are reckless drivers, just because they are in a bmw doesn't mean they are trying to race you. I drive a BMW and I drive fast and sometimes reckless just for the hell of it. I can't stand people that try to keep up with me when I'm not trying to race. You did not have to follow him, but you did, what does that say about you?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Detonate:

Maybe those people you "can't stand...that try to keep up" with you when you're "not trying to race" are not racing you at all - maybe they are just reckless drivers like you who are enjoying their own cars? Maybe they are not trying to keep up with you at all, and if they were really trying, might blow you away? Maybe you are egotistical to think that ANYBODY is trying to "race" you. Maybe your car is not so hot as you think - obviously, the car mags have shown you that you are #2 to the Infiniti - professional driver's with no axe to grind, who have been worshipping at the alter of BMW for years, but couldn't ignore the truth and the numbers - the "G" kicks *** (BMW ***, I might add)!

Maybe you are just bothered by the fact that your BMW "superiority complex" has been exposed by the superior "G" - why else are you lurking on our site? Maybe you should stay the hell off of G35 websites and keep your egotistical comments to your BMW website - where we don't bother to go, nor care about? Maybe? maybe? maybe?

Sport Sedan Fan - 2004 6MT Sedan
Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero; "Invisiguard" Bra, Madico Onyx Tint
Obsidian Black/Graphite & "Titanium"
SHE'S SILVER & BLACK - GO RAIDERS!

Old 07-02-2004, 01:04 PM

I can't understand why anybody who doesn't drive a certain car (e.g, an Infiniti G35) would sign up and post on that car enthusiast's Web site...it doesn't make sense.

Although we cannot kick anyone off our Web site (unless they do not follow the rules); it's a free Country, but why would it be important for these people who drive other cars to do this on a Web site devoted to a car which they do not drive? Do they have that much time to spare? Do they really have nothing better to do than argue with those of us who actually drive and love our vehicles on our own enthusiast's Web site?

Maybe it's just me, but I see no reason nor am I the least bit interested to "check out" a BMW 3 Series or a Subaru enthusiast Web site. It really just makes these other people look so pathetic.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bsgoren:

Well put, thanks!

Sport Sedan Fan - 2004 6MT Sedan
Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero; "Invisiguard" Bra, Madico Onyx Tint
Obsidian Black/Graphite & "Titanium"
SHE'S SILVER & BLACK - GO RAIDERS!

Old 07-02-2004, 02:05 PM

You mean to tell me there are cars other than the G35???

Old 07-02-2004, 11:08 PM

Why you guys being such a**holes? He claimed something negative about someone else and he didn't even fully understand the situation. Is it because he drives a G35 and that's why you back him up? So what if I drive a BMW? It doesn't say anything about me. G35 just came out too, so if someone had a bmw back then because it was one of the best, doesn't mean that they are pissed because some other car came out and is better. It's not like everyone gets the best and newest cars out every year. I came to this forum because I was thinking about getting a G35, preferrably a sedan. My M3 is a coupe and I hate cleaning out the back being stuck tight in there. What if a guy had a bmw and g35? What would you assume then? Stop being so stuck up with your cars. If I drove a car better than the G35, should I bash you too?

Old 07-02-2004, 11:11 PM

Oh and to why do people goto websites/forums of cars they don't own you ask? Maybe to share pictures or learn about the car they want to buy. Why do people read magazines about cars they don't own? I don't know....hmmm....

Old 07-03-2004, 01:22 PM

We're not trying to be a-holes. Just in case you didn't know...this is a G35 Enthusiast's Web site; not an unbiased Web site for research. It appears that a few people now and then just don't seem to understand this; so, you just come here, sign up, and tend to bash us and our cars and say that you're doing "research." This gets frustrating to most us. It's not that we don't take any of your points as valid; it's just that this is not why we're here.

If you're thinking about getting a G35, then great; it's a great car. If you keep your Bimmer, then that's great too. If you end up with both, then that's wonderful for you as well. If and when you actually own a G35, then come on back for some interesting and fun discussions and to learn a few things about YOUR car; otherwise, it may be best for you to do some more unbiased research elsewhere.

It seems to me that if you're looking for unbaised information and research about a car you may or may not be interested in, the worst place to go on the Net would be that particular car enthusiast's Web site, because most of us really love our cars and typically share somewhat biased info. Although we may nitpick about this or that, overall we're very pleased with our cars and we are here to share info with others who drive the same car. I am not here to fight with people who own other cars...this is obviously not the purpose of this Web site.

Are there other cars out there that I like? Of course, but I chose the G35 Sedan for my new company car...it beats my previous Company car, a 2000 Ford Taurus! ;-) I love it and it's fun to drive. Personally, I think the G35 is better than a BMW 330i, better than the Acura TL, and a few others in it's own class. Many of the unbiased car mags agree. Your BMW M3 is definitely in a much higher performance class (if it's a fairly new one that is), but it's also a lot more expensive than the Infiniti G35.

btw - it's not that we're "stuck up" on our cars, but again, what else would you expect from an enthusiast's Web site? I'm sure the folks at a BMW Forum wouldn't appreciate it too much if any of us came over there (not that we have any interest in doing so) to jump in and argue about this or that; it's just ridiculous. IMO, you're better off getting unbiased info in the mags, Edmunds.com, etc. I hope you understand my points.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Me and two 330s