G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Hey teens...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 155Mph
and i'm workin on the girls too
dont forget to use condoms...or you are going to sell your car to feed the baby.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by vtguy429
tell your parents the mods help with gas mileage and so on, most parents are oblivious and naive (most).
^ + about a million
i came up with some b/s about intake mods leading to smoother airflow which leads to more complete combustion which leads to less wasted gas and the $100 they were gonna give me turned into $300

oblivious parents ftw

Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by 155Mph
^ + about a million
i came up with some b/s about intake mods leading to smoother airflow which leads to more complete combustion which leads to less wasted gas and the $100 they were gonna give me turned into $300

oblivious parents ftw
damn your are one lucky kid!

i'm 18 and i did get help buying the car .. if you call a co-signature help ... that was by 18th birthday present haha

anyways
what i'd do if i were you
(i have a bright blue 03 sedan)
is go with an intake
AEM is great but a Z tube and a charger is a good cheap alternative to a cold air intake

then the spacer is good even if its a bit pricey

hmm then like +1000000 to polishing at home
i haven't had the time to do that myself but i'ts defenatly high up on my things to do list and it would only cost about 30 bucks worth in good sand paper
its all looks but its a GIANT improvement under the hood for the G's looks

if you don't have a job first though
get one
like a real job not mowing lawns cause the immigrants have that covered
go to small local businesses not fast food if you want to be respected

and also +9000 to F***ing every girl you can get your greasy little hands on
highschool is the best! i miss it so

thats my 2 cents

Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
I have a lot to say, but will only sum it up in one sentence. I've been modifying cars since 16 years old, I am 21 now.

"Save money for the car's maintenance because you are young and shouldn't be spending money you don't have on modifications."

At your age it's just a waste of money. It's easy to get a job being in high school. A job will give you responsibilities and will not hold you back on starting life/having fun. Once you have a solid job then have fun spending on the car.
^I agree 100%

I'm 19 and agree with what was said. Save the money. I have already learned that. My first car was a 99 accord and I couldn't begin to tell you how much I spent on mods for it. And when I traded it back in November, I never have seen that money again. Although I did part some of it out, what I couldn't part out stayed with the car. But it is your car and do what you want with it and just make sure you plan on keeping it for a while if you spend a lot of money on it.

Hope my little advice helps

Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I worked in a catering hall and made around 250+tips for just the weekend and i was 17 at the time. The only thing is you have no weekends since that's when most parties happen. Its a great summer job in imo, only worked weekends and had the rest of the week off. If i were you i would just save up the money for now until you get a good descent job that's what i would have done if i could go back in time. I would have had an easy 6K by now, but no stupid me had to go and waste it. Im 18 by the way.

I went with tints first and that had me staring at the car for about 3 months. Then got clear corners with LED's.

In your case just get a z-tube alone~85 or the z-tube with K&N Filter~110 or a coupe midpipe~40-90(used). Im pretty sure you will be happy with either one. Good Luck.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Everyone acts like $100 here or there on a mod or 2 for your car is a big deal in high school.

Look at my car. It is a wonder how i got those things and still managed to pay for a good chunk of it.

Its called managing your money. If you have a decent job and dont waste a **** ton of money on drugs (which is a common problem at my school as to why people are broke) you can still have a little fun with your car.

Your car only has 40K. It still has tons of life. Dont FI it or anything, but have a little fun with it!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Its not a big deal but at that age you should be saving money. Your parents will shut you guys off sooner or later and you want to have money for important things for when that time comes.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by BRice63
damn your are one lucky kid!

...like a real job not mowing lawns cause the immigrants have that covered
go to small local businesses not fast food if you want to be respected
thats my 2 cents
i am very lucky

and i live in SoCal, u have no idea how well the immigrants have most jobs i'd go for

...even detailing cars

i'll find something to do

catering hall ftw

and, once again, thx every1

Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by naughty240
Its not a big deal but at that age you should be saving money. Your parents will shut you guys off sooner or later and you want to have money for important things for when that time comes.
I save a good chunk of the money i make. I need it because there wont be anything like social security when im ready to retire.

You really dont need to worry about it quite so much in high school though. Most advisors of my dads that i have talked to have advised saving a good chunk once you get in college.

Right now, we dont have obligations. We dont ahve families or dependents or a big house mortgage. Might as well get a job and have fun with the little money you make while you have it. In the whole scheme of things, the money being made in high school is a drop in the bucket comapred to what we will face down the road. If the kid wants to dump a couple hundred bucks into his car, let him! He is a GUY. If he is anything like the rest of us, then he is going to love cars and want to do a few things to make it unique. His parents will most likely pay for his maintenance seeing as they are fairly knowledgable in cars and probably have their own mechanics, ect.

I get what you guys are saying. It is great advice, but he is 16. Let him have some fun. That is what being a teen is all about.

Im not knocking what your trying to say, but he has the next 50 years to save money for his retirement. A couple hundred bucks is like what, nothing. Chump change, easy money in the whole scheme of things.

Like i said before. if you want a spacer and clear corners. Get them. They are awesome. I'd also recommend a JWT pop charger and a Z tube. Those will work awesome with the spacer. Have fun and stay safe.

/rant

Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
155 welcome to driver, first off to those few telling him to save his money chill the **** out... its called managing money.... now if the kid came on here saying im going to spend 30k on a show car then you can flame him but hes asking about clear corners and a spacer... blah...

btw im 17 and have spend almost 7k on my car now flame me... oh yeah i just bought $1800 headlights

Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
He is a GUY.
^ True dat

and +1 to the insignificance of a few hundred dollars in the grand scheme of things

inconsequential, and yet those few hundred dollars will keep me happy for the greater portion of high school, not that they'll help me win any races or anything; at my school i kno 1 kid w/ and audi rs4 as a daily driver, 1 with an m5, 1 with a 335i, 1 with a mustang GT convertible (need i continue)... i kno the G doesn't hold a chance of beating any of them in a race (i dont race, just saying), but my car's gonna look damned clean and sound damned good when i'm done with it
and (unlike most of my friends) i'm gonna really appreciate this car

G35 FTW

Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO, with a forum name like 155mph, I wouldn't recommend modding your car.. but do whatever you like lol.. but read a lot on the forum/internet before you waste your money on something stupid. and IMO don't start modding at all since you won't be able to stop.. my car is teh ghey =]

Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 AM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by elayman
IMO, with a forum name like 155mph, I wouldn't recommend modding your car.. but do whatever you like lol.. but read a lot on the forum/internet before you waste your money on something stupid. and IMO don't start modding at all since you won't be able to stop.. my car is teh ghey =]
This is so true. Sell the G and buy somthing else. Once you start modding with clear corners and a Z tube, pretty soon you will want 19s, then springs then a sub and pretty soon your car looks sick, but your wallet looks empty

But in all seriousness, have a little fun. Just dont be stupid and actually take care of the car. im **** as hell about my G. I get harped on about it all the time but i dont care. i actually like my car and want it to keep looking nice.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
i actually like my car and want it to keep looking nice.
sooo true
my car's stock so far and i'm the same way
like i'll cover it every day in the school parking lot

my friend tried to smoke in my car, he no longer has arms...

Old 04-14-2009, 12:26 AM
-MN G Crew-

Better than my friend who threw mine in park when he was mad at me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hey teens...