G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Hey teens...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
i take my mom to the mall eveyr saturday and drive her to the store too. so im one of those teens like Wannabe6MT.

i dont have a g but i do have a infiniti, and believe me, my mom hate it when i buy stuff for the car but, since i work my *** over for the parts, she just nag for a day and stayes quiet. she does love it when ppl look at the car when we are driving to the mall. lol

teens in infiniti's FTW!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jfizz313
i dint see my dad cry until he decided to beat my ***. -something just wont let me hit him back-
i know the feeling man. i love my pops to death but there have been times when him and i have had arguments like that but i respect him to much to let myself slip up and ruin everything i have with him. its just not worth it and it makes you a better person by holding yourself back

Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by dineth00i30
i take my mom to the mall eveyr saturday and drive her to the store too. so im one of those teens like Wannabe6MT.

i dont have a g but i do have a infiniti, and believe me, my mom hate it when i buy stuff for the car but, since i work my *** over for the parts. she does love it when ppl look at the car when we are driving to the mall. lol

teens in infiniti's FTW!
thats good to hear man. you only have so long with your parents (if you plan on moving out at a normal age) why not spend as much as you can with them

Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teens in infiniti's ftw!
^+1

Old 04-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by raydeon
please excuse me to hi-jack the thread..
thread hi-jack fail
but i think u'd get about (rough guess) 15-20 hp (closer to 15 realistically)
but ur car'd sound fine

Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by 155Mph
Hey guys
This question is mostly directed towards teens, but i could use advice from any modders who r parents 2.
I'm mostly a troll in the forums b/c i kno how to use the 'search' function :P
I have a problem that I don't think there have been any threads on, tho i doubt very much that it is a unique problem. This may be a bit of an 'elephant in the room' type of problem, but here goes...
I'm 16 years old and my first car is an '03 g35 sedan. My parents payed for half of this and I paid half with money that i had saved up, we bought it about 4 months ago. I'm pretty much working my *** of in school and i don't have time to get a job, so i have absolutely no cash for modding. My birthday just rolled around, so i'm trying to milk that a bit, but my parents don't want to give me more than about $100 for that, which i appreciate, but, as you all kno, wont get u far in terms of modding. I've got two questions: one, any tips on making more money (i do things like help around the house, but dont get paid 4 it). My second, more important question is how to convince my parents to let me mod. As of now, my only mod is a hard-wired after-market bluetooth system and idk how to convince my parents to let me get things like a plenum spacer, good tune, etc. My parents have both driven the g35 and kno that it has power to spare, so they're scared to give me any more. My dad, who primarily controls finances in our house, has spun NSXs and testarossas (under unexpected circumstances, of course) and the only car he's ever had tuned was a '72 F40. The tune ****ed up the whole system and it took him 4 months to fix it. I have no idea how to convince them to let me get any cosmetic or power mods.
Any input is appreciated,
thanks!
op the only way i have found to let my parents let me mod is by doing everything myself. Im 18 work 48 hours a week and go to school from 5-2:30 and have a 3.7 gpa as an automotive technician in college. You should look for a good weekend paying job that you work at for 4-8 hours and make some extra cash. trust me man as soon as you get a job your parents give you so much more slack because they really honestly feel that you have "matured" and can take on the responsibilities like owning a fast car. just make sure you dont give them a reason to take away their trust by getting too many tickets or in any accidents because its really hard to gain it back. IM 18 live at home and never see my parents because of all the work and school and girlfriend and friends and etc etc. Just gain the trust and then let the modding begin! but just remember they did pay half so if they tell you not to do something then just wait it out because its a lot better then having them take the car from you and making you walk

Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 AM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
I just turned 17 last month and my parents got me a whole bunch of sand paper from 100 grit all the way to 2000 grit.

I used it to polish my engine parts: intake manifold, air intake tube, timing belt cover, coolant overflow tank, power steering fluid tank, nuts, bolts, and strut tower bar. It was very easy to do.... kind of... my back gets sore after a while.

I also did a full wire tuck with a little help from my girlfriend and I had extra touch up paint to paint my valve covers and battery covers. All the other tubes and stuff my friends gave me cuz they are all ballers and have extra parts laying around.

As for jobs, I work at a tennis club in Manhattan Beach assigning reserved tennis courts to a bunch of old rich people and they give me really good tips.

Here is my engine bay.... I only spent 5 bucks on the touch up paint.... it's just alot of sanding:

Good luck!

Hey look, everyones asleep, time to go ********** to the anything goes section! Sweet... my dad has some KY jelly he left in the downstairs bathroom!

Last edited by speedraver; 04-14-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:17 AM
omg god man! 17! pretty much still 16! thats nutz man congrats on a cheap priced job that looks freakin amazing

Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by h23sdominate
thats good to hear man. you only have so long with your parents (if you plan on moving out at a normal age) why not spend as much as you can with them
Yeah, and she has been working hard ever since my dad passed and my brother is married so I will not regret me hanging with her on Saturday rather than with some chick. Ppl can call me what they want. And the reason I'm looking for g is her too, I really want a 5spd wrx but she likes g coupe or a sedanso I think I will go with a g bcus it's a great looking car and looks very comfy by looking at the pics of the interior.

Originally Posted by 155Mph
^+1
Hell yeah, there is this one guy I know that just hate so much bcus I own a infiniti and not for any other reason. Pretty funny actually.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
great job speedraver! im 17 too!
i need to buy some touch up paint for sure to paint my battery covers!
looks very easy to do!

Old 04-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Yeah, and she has been working hard ever since my dad passed and my brother is married so I will not regret me hanging with her on Saturday rather than with some chick. Ppl can call me what they want. And the reason I'm looking for g is her too, I really want a 5spd wrx but she likes g coupe or a sedanso I think I will go with a g bcus it's a great looking car and looks very comfy by looking at the pics of the interior.

Hell yeah, there is this one guy I know that just hate so much bcus I own a infiniti and not for any other reason. Pretty funny actually.
my first choice after my prelude was a painted pearl white 03 wrx with a full sti setup but i had to forget it because of my parents too lol

jealousy is a terrible thing

Old 04-14-2009, 02:33 AM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Dranom
looks very easy to do!
Once you do it, it will look much better! The only thing being so young is that there are soooo many h8rs out there... damn... My dad axes me where I'm going and if the place is kinda ghetto, then we take my girlfriends 2002 civic 4 door.

One time, someone jacked my valve caps off my 20" HREs.... bastards, those things were expensive cuz they were polished valve caps! It took about an hour of polishing all four perfectly! They're just jealous...

Old 04-14-2009, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by speedraver
Once you do it, it will look much better! The only thing being so young is that there are soooo many h8rs out there... damn... My dad axes me where I'm going and if the place is kinda ghetto, then we take my girlfriends 2002 civic 4 door.

One time, someone jacked my valve caps off my 20" HREs.... bastards, those things were expensive cuz they were polished valve caps! It took about an hour of polishing all four perfectly! They're just jealous...
nice engine bay

i kinda live in the middle of the ghetto so my car will be somewhat stock until i go off to college.

Trying to get a job at a petco or something lol

Probably will be losing my current job in may. Good birthday present huh!!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:25 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts

i dont have a g but i do have a infiniti, and believe me, my mom hate it when i buy stuff for the car but, since i work my *** over for the parts, she just nag for a day and stayes quiet. she does love it when ppl look at the car when we are driving to the mall. lol

teens in infiniti's FTW!
Dude that is pretty badazz that you have a 2k I30. my friend wants to sell his 99 G20T for either an I30 or I35 but his parents are like, no
Originally Posted by speedraver
I just turned 17 last month and my parents got me a whole bunch of sand paper from 100 grit all the way to 2000 grit.

I used it to polish my engine parts: intake manifold, air intake tube, timing belt cover, coolant overflow tank, power steering fluid tank, nuts, bolts, and strut tower bar. It was very easy to do.... kind of... my back gets sore after a while.

I also did a full wire tuck with a little help from my girlfriend and I had extra touch up paint to paint my valve covers and battery covers. All the other tubes and stuff my friends gave me cuz they are all ballers and have extra parts laying around.

As for jobs, I work at a tennis club in Manhattan Beach assigning reserved tennis courts to a bunch of old rich people and they give me really good tips.

Here is my engine bay.... I only spent 5 bucks on the touch up paint.... it's just alot of sanding:

Good luck!

Hey look, everyones asleep, time to go ********** to the anything goes section! Sweet... my dad has some KY jelly he left in the downstairs bathroom!
You are not 17. For real?

You should have seen the hate i got from my auto tech teacher. I just started riding with a friend because i couldnt stand the hate he gave me. "Im like, DUDE, chill. my car is only worth like 13-15k. Wtf is your problem." he would just light into me and it got so annoying.
Originally Posted by Dranom
looks very easy to do!
Your not 17 either. Or are you?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:01 AM
janik lol i didnt believe them either but that is going to be my next project. when i put my spacer on im just going to take as much as i can off and polish like a **** thanx for the insperation speedraver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hey teens...