G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My car is slower than a stock 03.5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
True that, but it's cheaper than most exhausts and you will potentially get better power gains.
Yea, well maybe next spring.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
This car is becoming a summer only vehicle, so i can pretty much do anything to it now.
What are you going to drive in the winter at school?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe it's heatsoak from the pop charger?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 AM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
What are you going to drive in the winter at school?
Buying an SUV (either QX4 or a Trailblazer) this summer. Get one for 10k or under.

Def worth it not to trash this nice of a car as im going to Fargo ND for college.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yep yep yep 03.5 is ever-so-slightly faster than 05. it's lighter and the power is understated, as has been previously posted here. i know because my 03.5 beat an 05 before, with semi-equivalent mods on both.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codeflux
yep yep yep 03.5 is ever-so-slightly faster than 05. it's lighter and the power is understated, as has been previously posted here. i know because my 03.5 beat an 05 before, with semi-equivalent mods on both.
how much lighter is it? i thought 03-06 was all pretty much same weight.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM
-MN G Crew-

^+1. I did not know that.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by risingson
how much lighter is it? i thought 03-06 was all pretty much same weight.
Nissan lists my 03 RWD at 3,380lbs. The 05 RWD were listed at close to 3,500lbs. Where the weight came from, I have no idea. Also, the quoted weight doesn't necessarily mean that's that the car weighs. Additionally, these are "wet" curb weights (ie full of all fluids and fuel). I've weighed my 03 on a truck scale and it was within 20lbs of the listed weight.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Buying an SUV (either QX4 or a Trailblazer) this summer. Get one for 10k or under.

Def worth it not to trash this nice of a car as im going to Fargo ND for college.
Seems a bit silly to me to spend $10K on an SUV to drive when your G35 is entirely capable of navigating the snow on a good set of snow tires. Remember, you'll be living in a college town. There should be plenty of other alternate modes of transportation including the bus, walking, or riding with friends. If the snow is that bad and the roads aren't driveable, you're not going to have school, no matter where you live. If the snow is as deep as you fear, even an SUV isn't going to get around. They'll have snow crews and the roads should be pretty much cleared within a few hours of the snow. Your snow tires will do the rest. I've routinely driven my G in 2" to 5" over the past 4 years on all season rubber and it's pretty hilly where I live. You should be fine in that flat town on snow tires. G35's are nice cars, but it's not $1 million Benz Gullwing that spends it's time in the garage during rain and snow and is wiped down with a diaper. Cars are made to be driven.

Also, there's A LOT more to life than just cars. If you've got $10K burning a hole in your pocket, save it and invest it NOW in a Roth IRA. That $10K will be worth $40K in 10 years.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Could be reaction time. Could be those big 19s slowing you down too.
Bingo...not only that, TIMING. Whomever shifted the best since your cars are nearly identical, would take the win.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by DaveB
Seems a bit silly to me to spend $10K on an SUV to drive when your G35 is entirely capable of navigating the snow on a good set of snow tires. Remember, you'll be living in a college town. There should be plenty of other alternate modes of transportation including the bus, walking, or riding with friends. If the snow is that bad and the roads aren't driveable, you're not going to have school, no matter where you live. If the snow is as deep as you fear, even an SUV isn't going to get around. They'll have snow crews and the roads should be pretty much cleared within a few hours of the snow. Your snow tires will do the rest. I've routinely driven my G in 2" to 5" over the past 4 years on all season rubber and it's pretty hilly where I live. You should be fine in that flat town on snow tires. G35's are nice cars, but it's not $1 million Benz Gullwing that spends it's time in the garage during rain and snow and is wiped down with a diaper. Cars are made to be driven.

Also, there's A LOT more to life than just cars. If you've got $10K burning a hole in your pocket, save it and invest it NOW in a Roth IRA. That $10K will be worth $40K in 10 years.
Its not navigating the snow. i can do that. Its letting my prized expensive purchase sit outside all year round, and get trashed and beat up in Fargo by careless college students.

Im not at all concerned with the snow. i just would like to protect my car. Iv dumped a lot of money into it, and dont feel like ruining it by taking it to college with me. I wont have the luxury of a garage. Its not a nice car, but its NICE to me and its my car, and i dont want it to get dinged, rusted, ect. I want to keep it for awhile and save it as my nice summer car.

Im not burning 10k. Its called payments. And its worth it IMO. I already have some money invested. Plus i wont have the luxury of my parents being able to get me up there, so they already told me i need a car and will help me pay for it (since they dont want to see the G getting trashed either).

Im going to get slack for having 2 cars in college, but ones a beater and the other one im saving.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Its not navigating the snow. i can do that. Its letting my prized expensive purchase sit outside all year round, and get trashed and beat up in Fargo by careless college students.

Im not at all concerned with the snow. i just would like to protect my car. Iv dumped a lot of money into it, and dont feel like ruining it by taking it to college with me. I wont have the luxury of a garage. Its not a nice car, but its NICE to me and its my car, and i dont want it to get dinged, rusted, ect. I want to keep it for awhile and save it as my nice summer car.

Im not burning 10k. Its called payments. And its worth it IMO. I already have some money invested. Plus i wont have the luxury of my parents being able to get me up there, so they already told me i need a car and will help me pay for it (since they dont want to see the G getting trashed either).

Im going to get slack for having 2 cars in college, but ones a beater and the other one im saving.
$10K car is considered a "beater"? You live in a different world

Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 PM
-MN G Crew-

I dont want to buy somthing that im gonna have to keep sticking money into.

This will still be a fairly new truck with under 70k miles.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 PM
-MN G Crew-

Its not that big of a deal though. Plus my dad wants another SUV to tow our boat in the summer.

I'll be the last owner of it. Make it a DD/tow vehicle/haul things vehicle.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
3 vehicles at 18 must be nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is slower than a stock 03.5?