31.25%
1-3 years and I've hated it
3.13%
more than 3 years and I still love it
27.08%
More than 3 years and I've hated every year
0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

How long have you had your car and how has it treated you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 AWD purchased 11/08 with a shade over 40K on it. Certified Pre-owned with Elite Plan, so I'm covered bumper to bumper until 9/12. I had a Maxima for about 10 years, and to me this was the natural upgrade from that car. I loved my Max and that continues with this car. I plan on having and enjoying it for many, many years.

Don't let the distance from an Infiniti dealership be the reason you aren't getting a car from them. My closest one is 150 miles away, but I didn't care about that one bit. I talked to them about warranty issues, and they'll come get my car if it breaks down, bringing a loaner with them. Will that be a bit of a hassle? Sure. But for the very few times that's likely to happen, it's totally worth it. If it were to bother me, I'd have to scratch Infiniti and Acura off my potential car list, and I wasn't prepared to do that. If you want a 6MT then definitely try to get a Certified one.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Car....her name is "Slick!"

Car....? Her name is "Slick," and we met at the Glendale Infiniti dealership in March of '04. We went home together that evening after I laid down $35K+ OTD after some grinding, talk about an exciting evening. Here it is 5 years later and she only has 25K miles on her clock and after some well thought out mods she looks better now than when I brought her home. She gets dusted daily, washed weekly and Zymol Concourse wax every 3 months but often sooner depending on where we go together. Last week she had all her fluids drained and replaced with new....Oh yea, she got a new Nismo finned differential cover that I polished/cleared just because she's been so good to me. Yea, I know kinda sounds like an obsession rather than just a car....Slick's not just a car.... haha
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 05-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Stripper

bought my '03 sedan new in July '02. She was a stripper, but that was what I was looking for. No sunroof, cloth interior, 16 inch wheels - just what I was looking for.

This is the best car I have ever owned. I bought it from Sewell in Dallas, and my experience with them was first class. She had never been back to them however, as I live 260 miles away.

She has 70k miles on her now, and only burns 87 octane. which she is totally happy with. She is the best car I have ever owned, and that includes two Corvette Z06s. She is my daily driver.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Car....? Her name is "Slick," and we met at the Glendale Infiniti dealership in March of '04.....Slick's not just a car.... haha
Gary
That's what I meant to say. Or something like it.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Just looked on the infiniti site and they list 3 certified sedans within 500 miles but they are all well out of my price range. Are they usually that much more expensive at the dealer?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:07 AM
You can only get a CPO at a dealer and you'll pay more for a CPO, but that doesn't mean it will be out of your price range.

Infiniti's site is a decent source, but not the only one. Go to Autotrader.com, more search parameters and you'll generally find more Certified vehicles. The listings from Infiniti's site (I think they use Cars.com for their results) are usually among the more expensive/overpriced vehicles, that's where Autotrader is helpful.

For now, don't limit yourself to 500 miles and closer. See what's out there and you may find the perfect car a little farther than that. I've said this to several people on here lately, the hassle involved with getting the perfect car that's far away will be forgotten very quickly. But you'll be reminded every time you see it if you settle for a car that you didn't quite want only because it was closer.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^should have followed this advice.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I bought my 05 G35x on December 9th of 2008 and I love it!! Simply love it. I'm getting much better mileage than the EPA rating, love the way car drives, and love the interior.

The only issue i've had was getting the brakes replaced. I went in for an inspection and found out that whoever replaced them before I bought it, used the wrong type. This caused the pads to stick to the rotors and wear the rotors to below spec. This cost me about $700 to get fixed, but everything is perfect now.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
^should have followed this advice.

Have you had any issues? I looked on Autotrader and cars and didn't see any CPO sedans for under $16k.

What is the reason for replacing the engine? If the oil is checked at ever fill up would that take care of the problem?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bought mine April 2002 Just turned 7. Biggest complaint rattles; clove box, windsheild, window regulator bolts, compression rods...All fixed for free by Infiniti

I add a mod or two every year to keep it fresh.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Got mine in 2006 and had no problems except for mpg but other than that nothing is wrong.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
Have you had any issues? I looked on Autotrader and cars and didn't see any CPO sedans for under $16k.
I'm not sure you're going to find a CPO '05 or '06 for under $16K. Infiniti is pretty strict on what they certify so they are naturally going to be the higher priced cars. They also do lots of service work to them and add an extended warranty which pushes the price up compared to one you would find from a non-infiniti dealer or a private seller. They showed me the service records for mine before I bought it and they spent $2500 on fluid changes, brake changes, new filters, new tires, removing door dings, etc. before it was listed as CPO. I also added another year of bumper-to-bumper coverage with the Elite plan. If you can get all of this for $16K or less, you're getting a hell of a deal.

I'm not too familiar with 6MTs, but couldn't you just have one checked out beforehand to see if it had the oil consumption problem? The problems with the transmission are another story I guess. Those are just the risks you have to take when buying a used car unless you are willing to fork over the cash for an extended warranty.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv

What is the reason for replacing the engine? If the oil is checked at ever fill up would that take care of the problem?
I have not had any problems, that werent major. I had the axle click issue, but it was fixed.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Went from honda accord to grand prix gtp, to nissan xterra to fx35
and picked up 08 g35xS in July of 08 (first black off the lot) after taking wify's 06 for a joy ride one night last summar. Best ride I've ever had. Added
Stillen CAI and GTSpec strut bar myself. Leaves my buddy's m3 in the dust on a good day. More
a sports car than I bargained for yet the classy sedan for daily driving.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome to G35Driver Omar. Nice to see NE Ohio represented (I grew up in Akron).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long have you had your car and how has it treated you?