G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Magazine Coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Magazine Coverage

Have you noticed that there is not enough coverage of the G35 in magazines? Most of the popular mags run comparisons that the G maybe gets 100 words on... or gets fitted into a chart or something. It's hit and miss... I personally would like to see us get more press. This will help bring more products to market, as well as assist us with mainstream recognition of our mods and efforts.

I actually thought about starting a magazine of my own...but i just do not have the time or energy to do so. Then i started speaking with DaveO who has been freelancing some articles. One thing led to another, and we may have found a publisher sensitive to our wants and needs.

This publisher is looking into expanding coverage of the G's, and has actually been experimenting with this through doug's articles! This is not the same old stuff regurgitated from the forums. This will be fresh content...they may even start putting our rides and projects in as features!

Interested? Good, I hope so. But nothing major is gonna happen until they know for sure that they have a reader base. So I am recommending that everyone take some time and check out:

SportZ Magazine

They currently put out a quarterly mag (4 issues per year) at a cost of $18.95 They have also been around for 5 years, so they are here to stay.. longer with our help!!

We can help them expand their business, more pages means more coverage for Nissans, Infinitis and Datsuns!

This is the same magazine that covered Gurgen's ride a few months back.

So do it... order your subscription now and make sure to etner "I'm a G35Driver" in the comment section of your order. That way they'll know that they have a new readership and will be open to more Infiniti coverage.

Cheers, Ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Re: G35 Magazine Coverage

Done. Got a 2 year subscription

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org

Old 07-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I'll give it a go...
We likely don't have the numbers to justify a dedicated mag, so this would be the next best thing.
It will take some numbers from us (subscriptions) though before we expect them do devote much space to the G

<font color=blue>04 Silverstone G35, 5AT, Prem, Aero
ES100 225/45-18 front 245/40-18 rear
Borla TD, Z-tube, Eibach, 35%Tints</font color=blue>

Old 07-13-2004, 11:09 AM

This response is in no way related to SportZ magazine, but for magazine coverage in general.

No offense to anybody, but I have yet to see any sedans, there are a slim few coupes, who are magazine coverage worthy. You have to figure the magazine needs to sell, so they've got to put in cars that are heavily modded and are different than the rest, not to mention that haven't been featured in any other publishings. I personally don't want to read about some car that's got something that I've already got or that alot of people have, its got to be something that most people say "gaaadaaam, I could never afford that!" right? And in closing . . .(i'm on jury duty and it blows) the car's definitely have to be balanced - exterior, interior, show, go, motor, brakes, wheels, kit, system, etc. Please nobody take offense, I know the industry, I know the shows, I know the mags - been there with my supra, I'm just putting it out there. sucks but its true

Old 07-13-2004, 11:21 AM

Yikes, well my car will be the cover car for Access Magazine in the August/September issue due to hit newsstands later this month. I guess Natasha Yi will be the selling point.

DJ G-Cue's Project SEMA G35 visit:
www.djgcue.com

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Old 07-13-2004, 11:43 AM

hksjza70 -

point taken!

The first article that SportZ did on the G was GurgenPB's sedan. Guess who wrote it... DaveO (sedan owner)

I expect there will be a balance... as mags are always looking to fill space, especially when they expand!

For $18.95 (the cost of roughly 5 starbuck coffees or 7 bobas,) you can get 4 issues of a mag that is going to specifically cover not only OUR car in general, but the enthusiasts (you), DIY projects, personal projects cars (not just corportate sponsored or FI's, enthusiast clubs (like SCGOA & Golden Gate), and their associated events, and teams/individuals...autoX, drag, & show.

Cheers, Ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-13-2004, 12:58 PM

I figured this would be a good time to add my 2 cents.

Sport Z Magazine is going into it's 5th year of publication. The magazine has had a steady growth in subscribers and advertisers since the first issue was published back in 2000.

We started the magazine in advance of the new Z being released in 2003. Without a Z in production, a magazine devoted strictly to older generation Z's would not survive.

With the success of the Z and the addition of aftermarket companies that have followed, we see nothing but good things ahead for our magazine.

For a while, we've been trying to incorporate the G35 into the magazine. Granted, they have been small articles with at least one per issue the past 4 issues or so. We wanted to see what kind of response we would get from the G35 owners.

I'm well aware that the G35 (both sedans and coupes) get very little coverage in any of the major magazines. Most being comparos. With that in mind, Sport Z would like to expand into the G35 market. Our feeling is that since the 350Z and G35 have a lot in common, it would be a perfect fit.

There are a lot of things that need to be worked out. One being that the magazines title says it all. We cater to all generations of Z's and will continue to do so. What we would like to see is for the G35 to get the same amount of coverage that the 350Z gets each issue. Articles on the G35 would include: features, interviews, how-to's, tech articles, etc. We see a breakdown in the magazine as 1/3 older Z's, 1/3 350Z's and 1/3 G35 in the future. This will take some time to achieve and will not happen over night. If the inclusion of the G35 is to happen, it will be a gradual increase in coverage over the next 3 issues with a formal announcement made in the winter 2005 or Spring 2005 issue. Our title will stay the same but our subhead will say: Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun.

I have been talking to Ted(socalted) and will continue to do so in the coming weeks to ensure that this addition to the magazine becomes reality.

We started newsstand distribution this past issue and can be found at most Barnes & Nobles and Hastings Bookstores. If you get the chance, go and check it out to see what we are all about. It will give you an idea of what you can expect once the G35 is in the mix.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And we are always interested in hearing your ideas for future articles.

Thanks for your time,

Art Singer
Associate Publisher
Sport Z Magazine
email: associatepublisher@sportzmagazine.com
phone: 505-867-4322

Old 07-13-2004, 01:01 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm sounds good, im gonna subscribe now!! I cant wait to make my next car a BEAST and something so unique, so then I could be in mag. articles.. How exactly do you get sponsors and in magazines and photoshoots?

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-13-2004, 01:01 PM

sorry about the paragraph breaks. When I looked at the preview it showed the breaks, but when I continued, it posted it as one big paragraph. What went wrong?

Old 07-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

How? You get everything you can get and go to shows! :P

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org

Old 07-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Good luck with this, I hope it really takes off.
I've enjoyed magazine coverage from other car clubs in the past & allways looked forward to them.

I'm down for 2yrs

<font color=blue>04 Silverstone G35, 5AT, Prem, Aero
ES100 225/45-18 front 245/40-18 rear
Borla TD, Z-tube, Eibach, 35%Tints</font color=blue>

Old 07-13-2004, 02:57 PM

Since becoming a writer for Sport Z Magazine I've submitted several articles that have been or will be included in past or future issues. To date, all have been G35, combination G35 / 350Z or VQ35DE related. One article, I'm currently developing for the winter issue, covers Eagle1's G35 Supercharged Coupe. The next featured G35 will probably be a Sedan.

DaveO
03 G35 AT Sedan / DP / Willow / Premium / Sport / Aero / Mods

Old 07-14-2004, 02:51 PM

I subscribed early in the year and received the spring and summer issues. I have been very happy with the magazine. I look forward to an expanded coverage of G35s.

2003.5 Black 5AT Sedan
z-tube/ jwt popcharger/crawford plenum/crawford cats/
stillen exhaust/grounding kit/e-fans
technosquare ecu /350z thermostat/double din

Old 07-14-2004, 04:30 PM

Just to be clear., our goal is to include more G35 related news, articles and tech tips into Sport Z Magazine . It might take up to a year, but I see the G35 getting as much coverage as the 350Z in the magazine. I probably was a little over zealous when I said 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 for each group of cars. Rest assured that the G35 will get it's fair share of coverage. As our G35 readership grows so will the coverage.

Art Singer
Associate Publisher
Sport Z Magazine
email: associatepublisher@sportzmagazine.com
phone: 505-867-4322

Old 02-18-2005, 09:42 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
me to.. i subscribed today.. hope its good.. If you ever get to Vegas theres a lot of g35 owners here and a lot of great events with the race track(s), drags, drifting series, etc all here in Vegas. Great place for photo shoots. Even old men like me, into fast cars, drive g35s..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Magazine Coverage