G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Lake Norman Infiniti Problems, opinions wanted...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had pretty good service at Infiniti of Charlotte, although they scratched my navi screen when they repaired the lift motor. What really ticked me off was that I was the one that discovered the scratches, as I was leaving, they didn't even notice them. I took photos of the scratches. A blind person could've seen them. Anyway, Matt treats me pretty good over there and everything worked out fine.

Here is what you need to do SVTCOBRA. I always get a phone call or survery whenever I have my car worked on over there. Certainly Lake Norman location does that. This could be where you let your feelings be known.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, yes, I'll give feedback.
I left on relative good terms. I do not like to burn any bridges.
I would rather try to stay on the high road as opposed to blowing up and showing my ****. Trust me, keeping my emotions contained yesterday was all I could do after the unprofessional way I was treated by the sales managers. I will cool off and write up something then try to convey my displeasure to the owner of Lake Norman Infiniti.

It has been the worst service experience and the worst sales experience that I've ever had in my 30+ years of buying cars.

This is the third time I've tried to buy from them. The other two times I ended up buying thru Modern Infiniti and dealing directly with the GM. Was no games with Modern. Will most likely sell my car on craigslist and go back to Modern.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Man Im sorry you had sch a bad time. I had my SES light on and went into Infiniti of Charlotte Weds. and they pulled it in checked it and I had it back Thursday with a new Throttle body assembly.(only $50 with my extended warranty) Another great experience there and the new Assistant Service manager is a great guy. Also on Weds while I was waiting on my diagnosis, my girl and I went down to East Charlotte Nissan just to look and ended up trading in our Acura TL for a 350z roadster. Great buying experience there. The TL was a lease also. I hate going over to Independence but it was well worth it this week.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they balked over a measly $1k? that sounds like the sales guy was just trying to squeeze his rent money from you.

infiniti tried pull that garbage on me by sneaking in the trade-in value of my wifes corolla at $200 less than their original. So I said, WTF, and they were like, "Oh, well, that quote was a week ago, and I figured the extra mileage on the corolla would cause it to depreciate by that amount." He quickly fixed it back.

my point is that they could be raising the price b/c they figure that something else could be wrong with your car. in addition to what G35NC said, I would contact Infiniti's headquarters by writing an e-mail and expressing your discontent for the level of service over the past month.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I bought my FX35 from Lake Norman last year. It was listed at $29k on their site, reduced from 31k. I called them about it on August 30th and made and offer of $25k. They left me a message and countered at $27.5k. So I waited till the morning of the 31st to respond with my original offer. Now that it was the last day of the month, they were desperate. I got it for $25.5k and they had a couple lot boys drive it to my friggin house that day so they could get the check. I live over 4 hours away in Knoxville, TN. It's been a great car.

Lesson: Shop on the last day of the month and play hardball.