G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Another tint question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another tint question

Hi, im new to the forums and currently drive a Black 2004 stock G35X. I am going to get the windows tinted soon and am debating on going with 50% front and 35% rear (wisconsin limit) or going 35% all around. Does anybody have pictures of both? Will cops bother me with 35 all around? Thanks

Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i got 20% all around and i havn't gotten bother by any popo yet. 35% all around is better than 50%.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
do 35 all around is so light cops wont really bother you, i have limo and i live in jersey and cops are bad here and ive been good so far

Old 07-28-2009, 11:52 PM
On a previous car, I went with 50% front, and 35% rear and was happy with this. Yea, the 'kewl' factor and MTV dictates that more is better, but day to day reality, and dark rainy nites make this combination safer and easier to drive with.
And why give the police a reason to pull you over?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 AM
I got 20% all around on my g... also live in jersey.. havent been pulled over with my car yet...

id says 20 all around is ur best look-risk ratio

Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
It sucks. And to all those people who say "ohh, 35 is so light no cops will bother you" I have 2 tickets from believing people that say that!! GRR. Minnesota is so stupid with their laws. 50% on every window, yet SUVs can have whatever they want in the back, but cars cant.

Heres my lovely G with 50 in the front and 35 in the back. Its like having sex with a hooker. Its better than nothing, but it still sucks!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
It sucks. And to all those people who say "ohh, 35 is so light no cops will bother you" I have 2 tickets from believing people that say that!! GRR. Minnesota is so stupid with their laws. 50% on every window, yet SUVs can have whatever they want in the back, but cars cant.

Heres my lovely G with 50 in the front and 35 in the back. Its like having sex with a hooker. Its better than nothing, but it still sucks!
Haha yea I remember when it said in your sig 50% tint on windows suck!, wow the laws are bad there, overhere at least you can have limo in the back, anythin in the front is illegal, 35 and 20 is still noticeable to the cops, the point of having tints is so people can't see you, with the 20 people could see me clearly so I was like eff thatt, if I'm gonna break the law ima do it right, the ticket cost the same

Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I would do 35% all around. You will always have that one cop out there that gives out the easy tickets, just hope he doesnt see you.

I really want tints...but hate our Illinois tint laws. You can have as dark as you want in the back but nothing in the front.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^id take that and rock limo in the back and 50 up front.

This stupid 50% all around crap is the biggest bunch of bullsh** ever.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
my car has 20% here is a link to pics.

http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp239/smhansler/

Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
It sucks. And to all those people who say "ohh, 35 is so light no cops will bother you" I have 2 tickets from believing people that say that!!

I agree. 35% is still dark. Toss 35% film on glass and it's 27% on the meter. That's what mine comes up as.

It's only really light on bright sunny days, or if you have the sunroof wide open. On a cloudy or rainy day or at night you can't see in period. I am looking out the window right now as it's getting dark outside because of a t-storm headed in and i can't see through my 35% tint at all. Under the right circumstances it does appear dark enough that a cop will notice it.

To me, that's dark enough. It makes the car look good. Any darker and it just makes night driving harder. And i can't understand guys who feel the need to put 5% tint on top of 5% tint. Someone wanna explain why you need tint that dark for?

Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
^id take that and rock limo in the back and 50 up front.

This stupid 50% all around crap is the biggest bunch of bullsh** ever.
lol yea that sucks, you can't have backseat loving without worrying about being spotted!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I agree. 35% is still dark. Toss 35% film on glass and it's 27% on the meter. That's what mine comes up as.

It's only really light on bright sunny days, or if you have the sunroof wide open. On a cloudy or rainy day or at night you can't see in period. I am looking out the window right now as it's getting dark outside because of a t-storm headed in and i can't see through my 35% tint at all. Under the right circumstances it does appear dark enough that a cop will notice it.

To me, that's dark enough. It makes the car look good. Any darker and it just makes night driving harder. And i can't understand guys who feel the need to put 5% tint on top of 5% tint. Someone wanna explain why you need tint that dark for?
i have 5% and is a pain in the *** to see, i have to lower my windows everytime i turn, if there was a car driving with the headlights off in an intersection i wouldnt be able to see them and i'd get smashed! but it does look cool, some guys put double 5 cuz they dont want people to see inside the car at all, in the daytime if you left your GPS device sitting in your seat for instance, people can still see inside the car when theyre right up in your window double limo is just stupid though, that's like painting your glass black, i wouldnt go darker then limo plus 35 on top of that, limo on top of limo is just ridiculous

Old 07-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
i have 5% and is a pain in the *** to see, i have to lower my windows everytime i turn, if there was a car driving with the headlights off in an intersection i wouldnt be able to see them and i'd get smashed!
But see, that would inconvience me and then I would get sick of it. I just couldn't deal with having to roll down my windows at lights. It would ruin the A/C or heat in the winter and my girlfriend would kill me!!

I'm more for my comfort. So if i couldn't see, i'd rip it off and go lighter. I could probably manage 20% MAX personally.

Same deal with front lisence plates. I don't know how guys can deal with it on the dash. I would rather YOU look at the plate on my car, then *I* look at it on my dash.

As much as I'm all about making my car look nice for other people...i'm a "me first" kinda guy, and won't put my confort 2nd to style when it comes to cars.

But, that's my opinion and we each have our own. I don't expect anyone to agree.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
But see, that would inconvience me and then I would get sick of it. I just couldn't deal with having to roll down my windows at lights. It would ruin the A/C or heat in the winter and my girlfriend would kill me!!

I'm more for my comfort. So if i couldn't see, i'd rip it off and go lighter. I could probably manage 20% MAX personally.

Same deal with front lisence plates. I don't know how guys can deal with it on the dash. I would rather YOU look at the plate on my car, then *I* look at it on my dash.

As much as I'm all about making my car look nice for other people...i'm a "me first" kinda guy, and won't put my confort 2nd to style when it comes to cars.

But, that's my opinion and we each have our own. I don't expect anyone to agree.
yea you sorta gets used to it after a while, like the guy whose car is so low he already knows all the angles for driveways

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another tint question