G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What happened to the MG Trunk Thread???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
you're kidding right?... You have GOT to be kidding!

Bash fest??? Dude, no one in this (or any other thread) would have ever said anything negative if there wasn’t so much shady stuff going on... This vendor has completely phucked people over. And from what I've seen the truck fitment is ****! I wasn’t going to bash the trunk - but damn man, be real. This entire project has failed and people should not sweep it under the rug.

I have nothing against you Aaron - we've always gotten along in threads... but this MG subject has really concerned a lot of people and it’s not right to expect others to sit quietly and watch fellow members get burned.
I meant the bashing amongst each other (G SEDAN owners on G SEDAN owners)...by all means bash boomer, I don't give a shiet...lol

he fvcked up, he'll take the heat, I have no reason to stop you from bashing him. Hell, I tell him what like it is too, I'm not gonna suck up to him just cuz I like how the trunk looks. Believe me, if anyone is stepping it up, it's me, because I am concerned too. Bashing doesn't do much at this point, so I'll stop by his shop to give him a piece of my mind If i don't post by 2200, call the police. LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Can you clarify this comment? They were all part of the GB so I sure would expect them to get the GB price.

Did you mean the deposit?
yeah I meant deposit price. I don't believe you guys should pay $700 for a double sided because you should be compensated for your time, so we will discuss that tomorrow over cellie if you guys will give me your numbers. I want you guys to get a discount beyond the GB price. Tim, I read your PM regarding what you want, so I'll get that worked on when I'm there. PM me your cell phone.

Aaron

Old 08-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I was not aware of that and am sorry. I would like to know more on why you got the infractions if they are still on your account.
First was 'Posting in Inappropriate Forums' when I linked my warning thread to the Sedan trunk thread.
Second was 'Harassment/Flaming' when I linked my warning thread into Mastergrades For Sale threads.

It really is fine, I really don't care and was just trying to save sedan guys from some of the shady practices and all the crap that caused them to be removed by IB from the myg37 forums. I still think if they are so bad that they have to be removed from one forum, they should not be able to continue to be a vendor on other forums.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ahhh sucks to see the situation get out of hand like this. BTW for the record, I was supposed to be the first one with the trunk cause I was throwing my car into HIN in mid-june,lol, looks like Boomer promised a few ppl the first trunk...

Past week I spoke to a few from my G35nyc fam, and told them I'll consider calling Boomer, and if he has a trunk ready for me, I'll grab it since my budget situation is good right now and wouldn't take a hit...

Forget that crap, after reading just the past 7 pages not including the other thread, I would be too embaressed to make that call, on behave of my g35driver fam who are caught up in this disgusting problem...

Tim and others, I hope this headache finish's soon, and Tim thank you for getting this started, giving me and many others hope, that a custom piece like this would be finally completed for the sedan enthusiasts...I'm really disapointed....

MG give the refunds back, people have bills, families and other use for $400 during tough times like this....I'm not putting a penny into MG's plate, I just can't justify it....G/L

Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Could it be that he promised a couple people the first trunk??
Just to get the hype up?

Its sad to see some members happy with trunks on their cars while other people waiting for a refund.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Aaron,
I thought you already had a trunk on your car as well. I'm sorry for any comments I have made in bad tasts to you while making that assumption. I (we) do greatly appreciate you helping out with this. You have put in a lot of time working to help us out and for that, Thank you!

Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
good luck fellas .. hope everyone gets their refund asap .

so this thing can be over with ..

props to GSEDAN for taking the lead and going to M.G. in person ..

hope someone going there to speak for the community makes a difference ...

Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by SxExCx
On this subject; I hate to say I told you so but.....
Yes you did. Sorry I didn't listen.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
let's just hope MG doesn't close its doors just because he kwows I'm coming around at 5. LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Grocery getter

I would give that one 50/50 at best based on how they have been before to you guys.

Either way, thank you for trying to help.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Forget about closing the doors at 5:00 – better hope they don’t close the doors for good… take a look at all the different locations and names they’ve been under in the past (its eerily like the VRT – RA issues that many are miffed about)…

No offense to anyone out here, but in my opinion it isn’t right to support a vendor that has been banned (I don’t care why the reason) and that has extorted money from fellow enthusiasts.

If you don’t feel that’s what is happening, you need to look deeper.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Kick his azz seabass.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Aaron for doing everything for the community.

For those that will end up getting the trunk, there are still a few fitment tweaks that should be made to obtain ideal fitment. PM me for details, or if Tim allows me to post the pics, I can point out where the fitment can be fixed. Ideally, the last person to obtain the trunk should have the best fitment since once the trunk is out of the mold, that is it. The current mold he has fits pretty good, but I think we can get it to fit a little better.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PMed u aaron

Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me clarify the meaning behind my comments.

1) I was 1st on the list for a trunk. I agreed to be second so someone local could do a test fit. I never agreed on two local test fit people. Why would I?

2) Local members who were going to visit said they would make sure and discuss the refund situation with Boomer when they were out there and help make sure we got our refunds. Those of us out of state were extremely grateful for the help. When the visits were over everyone was praising Boomer and regardless of the refund situation and just passed on the same BS he has been feeding us for a long time.

Yes, I am very frustrated with how this has gone down.

Right now I will take either a trunk or my money back. I don't care which one, I just want something to show for my money.

If things are good enough with the status of the fitment I will shut up, put my foot in my mouth and take a trunk. It's obvious that I am not getting a refund without going to court.

Don't accept the trunk... Thats giving in... Boomer should just send you a payment PLUS the money that paypal will take away when he sends that to you. Thats the ONLY acceptable solution to this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happened to the MG Trunk Thread???