G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

To the world of g35 sedan drivers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I'm Mexican and needed the trunk space...enough said.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:30 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Texan1
I originally wanted the coupe, loved how it sounded and looked(it looks too fat and heavy in retrospect). Wife told me that I would be sorry within a yr or 2 after installing car seats and buckling up the 2 kiddos in the back and boy was she right. Its annoying enough doing that in a 4 door, I just can't imagine doing that in a cpe. I thought the sedan was cool too, but back in 03/04 I had NO idea how sweet you could make your G-sedan by whoring out the coupe parts bin. Well, here she is after I whored out the cpe's parts bin and I love her. She is light and fast surprising the heck out of cpe drivers and even g37s when I either beat them (cpes) or hang with them (g37s). I love the agressive offsets of these rays and the sweet sound of the cpe midpipe/hks. Plus, its easier to get in and out of my G with its shorter doors while parking in the garage (next to the wall) or next to a car (though this rarely happens).
Are you still planning on buying a Vette?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i realize that all you guys have some mods to your cars, do you guys do that by urself or you buy the parts and let the garage handle it? I probably have the ****test sedan here.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:07 AM
myself

I have done all the work myself... with the exception of the front bumper and side skirts WHICH I WOULD HAVE installed myself but I picked them up at someone elses shop 2.5 hrs from home and drove the G up so I couldnt transport home then install and I couldnt do the install myself in his shop. Drove back up the next week in a pickup to get my stock stuff hehe.

Doing the work yourself is always satisfying. If you are good with your hands and have the tools its all pretty simple. Changing shocks, springs, exhaust, camber kits, blah blah is all actually pretty simple and just sounds overwhelming to some but if they actually saw it done they would see its simple as (place your fav word here) some possible words are cake, pie, poo, "123" , anything, ****e, sleep.... you get the point lol

Old 08-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Are you still planning on buying a Vette?
Yes, but what I have not figured out is whether I should keep my G. I don't need the back seats since I just use the car to go to work and run a few errands. My kids are in my G a couple times a month. I/we just use the wife's suv.

I will either get a 3-4 yr old c6 zo6 and the G goes in the driveway or sell the G and get a 1-2 yr old c6 z51, dual mode base vette. I have a yr or 2 to decide and then its on. Btw, I had the hertz ZHZ for the weekend and it is omg a blast to drive and for me the seat was supportive and comfortable with a never-ending lumbar support and power side bolsters etc and the dual mode exhaust was mean as hell. The thing was so fast especially on manual mode--just so amazingly fast that I feel kind of silly for thinking my G sedan is fast.......more like kinda quick. Had the magnetic ride with cross drilled rotors and handled well and was quiet and comfortable with no wind noise and little to no road noise. Just heard a click or 2 from the roof and a bit of brake squeal but other than that it was fantastic. Drove her for just shy of 400 miles

Although, this may very well happen too:

even though the interior is kind of rough, but then again that's what people say about the 2003-5 G's layout.

I'm attached to the G, but my dad always said "don't get too attached to your car, when it's time to sell, it's time to sell"

Last edited by Texan1; 08-10-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I hope I don't offend any coupe drivers on here, but when I think of coupes...I picture a girl driving them. It must be because they are so rounded, because I still consider the 350Z a guy's car. The coupe just seems more girly to me. Also, as mentioned by a few others, the sedan's styling has a more grown-up feeling.

I think their styling fits perfectly between a sporty coupe and a family sedan...hence the sport sedan.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by iTzTeddy
i realize that all you guys have some mods to your cars, do you guys do that by urself or you buy the parts and let the garage handle it? I probably have the ****test sedan here.

I do everything myself. The only thing i have a show do, is mount tires to the wheels and alighments.

And when i mount up the tires...i only bring them the wheels. I take the wheels home and put them on my car myself.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I do everything myself. The only thing i have a show do, is mount tires to the wheels and alighments.

And when i mount up the tires...i only bring them the wheels. I take the wheels home and put them on my car myself.
Mustang5L5, i see under your description of your car you have an OEM ipod integration kit, can you post a pic, I wanna see what it is and how its like.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I originally wanted the coupe, loved how it sounded and looked(it looks too fat and heavy in retrospect). Wife told me that I would be sorry within a yr or 2 after installing car seats and buckling up the 2 kiddos in the back and boy was she right. Its annoying enough doing that in a 4 door, I just can't imagine doing that in a cpe. I thought the sedan was cool too, but back in 03/04 I had NO idea how sweet you could make your G-sedan by whoring out the coupe parts bin. Well, here she is after I whored out the cpe's parts bin and I love her. She is light and fast surprising the heck out of cpe drivers and even g37s when I either beat them (cpes) or hang with them (g37s). I love the agressive offsets of these rays and the sweet sound of the cpe midpipe/hks. Plus, its easier to get in and out of my G with its shorter doors while parking in the garage (next to the wall) or next to a car (though this rarely happens).
I dont think our cars will beat a g37, i raced one and he burned me. The first run he was suprised though because I kept up with him for a while. The second time he launched and i was history.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I wanted an automatic (driven manual all my life). Thought it was stupid to buy a coupe and have it be an auto. If I bought a manual coupe I would rather get the 350. If I got a manual 350 then my modding madness would continue (need to save $$). I feel less of a need to mod an auto sedan (performance wise - I still want to do wheels and stance).

After getting the sedan, I think it looks better than the coupe =)

Last edited by FrEsHaZzBuRu; 08-12-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Yes, but what I have not figured out is whether I should keep my G. I don't need the back seats since I just use the car to go to work and run a few errands. My kids are in my G a couple times a month. I/we just use the wife's suv.

I will either get a 3-4 yr old c6 zo6 and the G goes in the driveway or sell the G and get a 1-2 yr old c6 z51, dual mode base vette. I have a yr or 2 to decide and then its on. Btw, I had the hertz ZHZ for the weekend and it is omg a blast to drive and for me the seat was supportive and comfortable with a never-ending lumbar support and power side bolsters etc and the dual mode exhaust was mean as hell. The thing was so fast especially on manual mode--just so amazingly fast that I feel kind of silly for thinking my G sedan is fast.......more like kinda quick. Had the magnetic ride with cross drilled rotors and handled well and was quiet and comfortable with no wind noise and little to no road noise. Just heard a click or 2 from the roof and a bit of brake squeal but other than that it was fantastic. Drove her for just shy of 400 miles

Although, this may very well happen too:

even though the interior is kind of rough, but then again that's what people say about the 2003-5 G's layout.

I'm attached to the G, but my dad always said "don't get too attached to your car, when it's time to sell, it's time to sell"
I will agrfee with you there, they are a blast to drive. My dad still wants one. I test drove an 06 C6 with him, man that thing moved.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Bestswat
I dont think our cars will beat a g37, i raced one and he burned me. The first run he was suprised though because I kept up with him for a while. The second time he launched and i was history.
they can hang with them as I mentioned in my comments, depending on mods they can certainly beat them.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by 155Mph
I was further unwilling to pay more, gain weight (net loss of speed), and lose balance
Exactly my thoughts! Also take a look at G35papa's sedan. If a sedan can look that good, why bother with a coupe???

Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I was looking for a coupe until I got hooked up with my girlfriend and figured we'd be hauling peeps around. Glad I went with the sedan now.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I have wanted a coupe since they first came out, but ended up getting a sedan. I already have a turbo AWD coupe as my weekend fun car, so I didn't need another coupe. I really wanted a 6MT RWD sedan but I also wanted AWD so auto it was. I was a bit iffy b.c I had never owned an automatic before, but now a year after buying my 05 G35x I still love it. Oddly enough I think I smile more driving the G then my weekend car.

As far as modding, I have always done most everything to all of my cars, but now my husband helps. I had back surgery earlier this year so no more lifting stuff like wheels/tires or crawling under to do oil changes and stuff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To the world of g35 sedan drivers...