G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

To the world of g35 sedan drivers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoGirl2001
I have wanted a coupe since they first came out, but ended up getting a sedan. I already have a turbo AWD coupe as my weekend fun car, so I didn't need another coupe. I really wanted a 6MT RWD sedan but I also wanted AWD so auto it was. I was a bit iffy b.c I had never owned an automatic before, but now a year after buying my 05 G35x I still love it. Oddly enough I think I smile more driving the G then my weekend car.

As far as modding, I have always done most everything to all of my cars, but now my husband helps. I had back surgery earlier this year so no more lifting stuff like wheels/tires or crawling under to do oil changes and stuff
Long time no see. Where have you been? Any new stuff to the G?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Long time no see. Where have you been? Any new stuff to the G?
I hurt my back and stopped doing the car thing for a while. Then we got the toy car back on the road and I didn't drive the G much. Now I am kind of sick of the toy and like driving the G more then it so I am back on here a bunch. Plus it helps that there is now a more active local G group.

I finally got my coupe 18's on after almost a year, and I painted the grill matte black this past weekend. I am looking into doing a few other little things to it too. There are a couple new pics in my garage albums.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my reasons are pretty much similar to everyone's elses:
AWD
roomier
kids

but I traded in my wife's Toyota Corolla for this car (gave her my car). so although I was sacrificing fuel efficiency (in the worst possible way), I was gaining more room, more power, and more stability.

the reasons I told my wife were for AWD and roominess. my reasons though were for performance, handling, and style (in addition to the other two). thus, had I gotten a coupe, my wife would have questioned my motive.

of course if I was single without any kids, then I probably would not consider the infiniti coupe. I probably would have gone with the lexus IS250.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I hurt my back and stopped doing the car thing for a while. Then we got the toy car back on the road and I didn't drive the G much. Now I am kind of sick of the toy and like driving the G more then it so I am back on here a bunch. Plus it helps that there is now a more active local G group.

I finally got my coupe 18's on after almost a year, and I painted the grill matte black this past weekend. I am looking into doing a few other little things to it too. There are a couple new pics in my garage albums.
I love my Sedan with Coupe 18's. The offset is perfect, especially now with new 245/45's all around. Now that you've done the grille, the headlights are actually pretty easy, at least if you can overcome the psychological hurdle of putting them in the oven. Hope your back is getting better, and it's good to see you active again here.

BTW, by "local group" do you mean the Ohio G Club? I just joined a few weeks ago. Yep, I live in MI but I was born and raised in Ohio, so they let me in.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Sedans are just a hell of a lot nicer. coupes look fat, sedans look fit.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
I love my Sedan with Coupe 18's. The offset is perfect, especially now with new 245/45's all around. Now that you've done the grille, the headlights are actually pretty easy, at least if you can overcome the psychological hurdle of putting them in the oven. Hope your back is getting better, and it's good to see you active again here.

BTW, by "local group" do you mean the Ohio G Club? I just joined a few weeks ago. Yep, I live in MI but I was born and raised in Ohio, so they let me in.
I would like to do the headlights but not sure if I would take them apart just to paint them. If I am going to do it I think I would go all out and do some kind of projector upgrade. I have done many many sets of lights including making the first ever set of custom HID projectors for a b15 sentra that I had a while back.

Thanks about the back, it is better after I had emergency surgery in March. I woke up and couldn't feel my legs at all which was pretty scary. It took the MRI people for 3 weeks to get me in b.c of paperwork problems but the surgeon called and had me in surgery the next day after seeing my MRI.

I was in fact talking about the Ohio G Club. I don't live in Ohio either but about 20 mins south in N.Ky. I actually grew up in Michigan until I moved down here 7 years ago.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I've always had a soft spot for manual trans sedans. One of my favorite cars w/ a 4 door ls/vtec integra. I got rid of it for a Tundra, but missed shifting gears (and gas hit $4/gallon). I started looking for manual trans sedans that you can pull off being close to 30 and stumbled across an Nismo kitted 6mt sedan for sale on here (in California though). The next week, its twin showed up on craigslist in Atlanta. I bought it a few days after and started looking for parts. Picked up a 350z HR Y-pipe today actually. I love this car.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
-AWD
-Back seats
-Hate squatting down into a coupe every day for a DD. The sedan is way more comfortable for frequent driving.

Love my sedan

Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I was in fact talking about the Ohio G Club. I don't live in Ohio either but about 20 mins south in N.Ky. I actually grew up in Michigan until I moved down here 7 years ago.
Shoot, I knew that. Uncle on Fruitvale Rd if I remember. Something like that anyway.

What size tires are you running on your Coupers? I wanted to run the stock 235/45's, but the tire selection blows. I'm really happy I went with the bigger 245's. Car's got a great stance with more rubber. They're in pretty bad shape (the wheels), but I got 'em cheap, so I'm going to repair/paint them once the winters go on.

Another reason to like the Sedan: We can run Coupe wheels. Of course, nobody in a Coupe would want to run Sedan wheels, but that's not the point!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
This thread makes me feel better about not having enough money to afford a coupe. I know you guys are not big fans of the coupe but actually like it and i think its sexy. I love the sedan too.

Now it's a different story if i find a nice Legacy gt (turbo) manual. Then i am definetly getting one of them, even though they look like a camry.

Man i cant wait to get a new car.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 AM
My reason was a combination of things; all-wheel drive, four doors, tired of owning coupes, much more room for other people, much more trunk space, I think it's overall a classier vehicle, if I were to get the coupe I would've wanted it in manual and I need an automatic now, I know too many people with coupes, no one with the sedan, and to be honest, I just like it overall more in my personal opinion.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Shoot, I knew that. Uncle on Fruitvale Rd if I remember. Something like that anyway.

What size tires are you running on your Coupers? I wanted to run the stock 235/45's, but the tire selection blows. I'm really happy I went with the bigger 245's. Car's got a great stance with more rubber. They're in pretty bad shape (the wheels), but I got 'em cheap, so I'm going to repair/paint them once the winters go on.

Another reason to like the Sedan: We can run Coupe wheels. Of course, nobody in a Coupe would want to run Sedan wheels, but that's not the point!
Ah yes, we did talk about that before huh. You have a good memory, better then mine haha.

I am running 245/40/18's, although they are a tiny bit on the small side. I got a set of Dunlop SP Sport 600's which were takeoffs from our friends 08 STI. They only had about 2000 miles on them and they are pretty good summer tires. They only make them for the STI's and in one size so they are a bit expensive ($220 each) but I got all of them for $250 so I couldn't refuse. I also got the wheels for super cheap from a local guy so I think I came out ahead as far as the wheels are concerned, and they just look good.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Julio00017
Sedans are just a hell of a lot nicer. coupes look fat, sedans look fit.
Well, at least until recently........