G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

350z seats in Sedan FTL!! EPIC FAIL!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
350z seats in Sedan FTL!! EPIC FAIL!

So I bought some 350z seats in trying to retrofit into my sedan. I was hoping it would be a straight bolt on but boy was I wrong.

The brackets and sliders are all off of the Z and nothing was modified. My stock seats out, put 350z seats in. For reference, the Z seats were non powered, non air bagged and carbon cloth. The brackets all fit fine but the hole is a bit off maybe about an inch or so on each side on the front. I tried to shove it to line it up but the seat side (below where the bolster is) has a metal frame for the seats. And it gets stuck rubbing onto the console area below where your right legs go under the shifter area. I would have just smashed in the area but it's pure metal so it was kind of hard. I banged on it no doubt but no success.

This was the driver's side. I didn't bother trying to put int the passenger one, it might have fit it might have not. If I can't be sitting on Z seats, why the hell should my passengers? So long story short, I spent about an hour or so taking my seats out, then putting the Z seats in, failing and more time to put back my stock seats.

If you are looking to do this, please buy my seats and try it, otherwise it is NOT A STRAIGHT BOLT ON. Hope that helps since it's always been a mystery and no one tried it

Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Thought about swapping your seat rail/frame in place of the 350z one? Try it. It might work!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Thanks for the bad news. I was looking into getting some.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i heard the driver side is a straight bolt on, but the passenger side needs to be fabricated.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by BKZJAYY718
i heard the driver side is a straight bolt on, but the passenger side needs to be fabricated.
It most certain is NOT straight bolt on. It might be the other way around. Because I've noticed that my passenger side seats is one side wobbly and the Z seats are one side wobbly too.

I thought about the swapping the seat rails. But it might be more trouble than I had anticipated so I just decided to pho kit. Plus I don't want to tear apart my G seats because I might need it later on and it would be complicated to tear apart powered seats it might have problems later on since I've never tackled such a task.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 AM
maybe change rails. get it welded

Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
I've had mine installed about a year and 4 months. I hope your really tall, they are a whole lot lower in the car then the oem seats. One drive bolt did not line up, used a dremel for a few minutes and elongated the hole on the seat, problem solved. I won't post pics, please don't ask. I made a thread when I did the swap and a few idiots talked smack so I deleted the thread.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 AM
^^
Nice..

Old 08-13-2009, 04:13 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
i'll sell you both my power seat rails for $200 (driver + passenger). switches included.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
I've had mine installed about a year and 4 months. I hope your really tall, they are a whole lot lower in the car then the oem seats. One drive bolt did not line up, used a dremel for a few minutes and elongated the hole on the seat, problem solved. I won't post pics, please don't ask. I made a thread when I did the swap and a few idiots talked smack so I deleted the thread.
I actually was going to try this but I got too lazy because it was too dark and I was getting sweaty from the garage heat. Maybe I will give it another go later on, but how did you overcome the issue of the side bolster area hitting the lower shifter console side?

Yeah, when I had them not bolted up but still in the cabin, I've noticed it sits a lot lower than stock. I hated the stock seats because it was so high but i would hate the Z seats because it's so low. I would have probably put some washers and spacers along with longer bolts to raise up the seat a bit. That's what I had to do with my Bride Low max. They were seriously too "low max" for me so I raised them up and made them "low min".

Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like the modifications to put them in would not be too hard? I know anoher guy who did it a while back but he is not on here anymore.

My Sparco driver's side rail is made for a Z and bolts right in. I know this is an aftermarket rail so oem will be different but it must be close.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Sounds like the modifications to put them in would not be too hard? I know anoher guy who did it a while back but he is not on here anymore.

My Sparco driver's side rail is made for a Z and bolts right in. I know this is an aftermarket rail so oem will be different but it must be close.
Yes that's the weird part. My bride seats bracket is made for 350z and it fits and bolts on perfectly. Maybe I will use a dremel and enlong the hole to match up. Modifying it won't be too bad but I just didn't have the tool, or the patience to try it. Maybe another day

Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Pics would help. I've been mildly interested in this also. But you're going to have to account for the low height mounting as said previously

Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
pictures would help a ton.

I see a couple local guys have Z seats up a lot more often then people with G35coupes.

i assume the bolsters are just about the same from a Z/G.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by sweettalker
Yes that's the weird part. My bride seats bracket is made for 350z and it fits and bolts on perfectly. Maybe I will use a dremel and enlong the hole to match up. Modifying it won't be too bad but I just didn't have the tool, or the patience to try it. Maybe another day

Why are you changing from the Bride seats?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350z seats in Sedan FTL!! EPIC FAIL!