G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Driver's side door creaking problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Driver's side door creaking problem

now that i read this thread i was driving and i herd the creak on the passanger side.. to me it sound slike someone is whistling.. ive never realized the creakc uz my windows r either always down or my musik is always blasted but today comin home at 2 in the mornin i was riding witout the musik n windows up. ni hear the freakin whistleeee

Pictures...

Old 02-08-2005, 01:17 AM
I had the exact same problem since few thousand miles, and had my 04 G sedan in dealer for the problem for 4 times, and the creaky noise still there and I decide to live with it, and now the door handles rattle like crazy when playing music not even loud to me, very frustrated....

Old 02-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have this too in both doors. I think it's the rubber seals both around the windows and around the doors. I'll be buying some gummi-pflege and applying it to see if it helps. I think the fact that my windows are tinted make the sound worse too, at least from around the window seals.

Gummi Pflege is available from most BMW dealerships.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh and for door panel rattles, a few of you may benefit from doing this

(be sure to follow the link regarding the rattling door fasteners too) - Hopefully this will help a couple of you. It sure put my insanity on hiatus at least until the rest of the rattles came

Old 02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
OMG, I have had that same problem from when the car was a week old until now. (about 11 months) I hate the creaking, so I have an excuse why my music is so loud. Hehe, if I get a ticket for music being too loud, (because my homies have and im in LA) I can tell the cop that my car was creaking so much that I blasted the subs. -Hehe

Old 09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
I'll be bringing my car in for the 5th time for this. My driver's side window started creaking about 1 week after I bought the car and has creaked ever since. It makes the noise about 90% of the time. I don't mean it happens on 90% of my trips. I mean 90% of the time the car is in motion, the window is creaking.

The first 3 times I brought it in the "fix" lasted a matter of minutes. The 4th time, they were sure they fixed it...it lasted 4 days.

It seems silly, but this stupid creak has soured me on the whole car. I spent a lot of money (for me) on this car and rather than enjoying it I sometimes find myself wishing I had my 10 year old, 125,000 mile, but still quiet, old car back.

Last edited by vfior; 09-14-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got three constant buzzes/rattles/flutters/pops, and three occasional noises. I still have an issue with the rear-view assembly buzzing almost constantly.

The left-rear passenger door emits a popping noise over various road surfaces, but I believe this is addressable via a TSB.

I also have the loud pop coming from the driver-side door whenever the car twists ( uneven pavement/expansion joins on the freeway are a common cause ). This last one is a seemingly random situation; I could drive over the offending surface three times and get the pop maybe once.

I occasionally(quite rare by comparison) get a popping sound from the upper seatbelt harness on the b pillar, but it's so infrequent I've learned to ignore it.

I sometimes get a crackle from the driver's side kick panel, mostly when listening to the radio at moderate levels(usually sports-talk, mono voice only, not music).

And lastly I get a flutter coming from the shifter and/or boot. I've been unable to determine exactly what it is, because the sound seems to be playing hide-n-seek if you know what I mean. I hear it, turn off the radio and a/c to better hear it, and it never comes back. Quite frustrating. It's happened when the car was cold, hot, crusing, braking, and accelerating; basically I can't determine if it's environmentally caused. Fortunately, it's the least intrusive of the noises.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
I had the same prob with mine. It was in the shop 3 times but they finally got it fixed by replacing the bolts that it says to in the TSB. It is so peaceful now that the creaking is gone! Make them replace the bolts that should be the only way . They tried shimming the window trim but no help!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I guess I own the only non-rattling, non-creaking, non-popping G in captivity! And, I live on an unpaved, not-too-smooth road. Had her over a year now, and the only service has been oil/filter, and LOTS of gas!