G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Driver's side door creaking problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's side door creaking problem

Hi everyone!

I currently notice a creaking type noise coming from the driver's side door that seems to occur when driving over rough roads or turning into a driveway or bump in the road. It seems to only happen when the window is rolled all the way up. I noticed a TSB that seems to fit this and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and had it fixed by the dealer. If anyone has, could you share your experience and how it turned out...

Thanks...

Old 08-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Re: Driver's side door creaking problem

I have exactly the same problem, same symptoms, but on the driver's side passenger door. I've noticed that rolling the window down then up briefly eliminates the problem. My guess is that as the body flexes, something moves inside or near the door panel. I have not been able to localize the sound. Infiniti should pay attention to these minor issues because they give the car a bad rep. A co-worker was considering a G35, but ended up with a TL because he'd read about quality problems (specifically asked me if I had noticed any creaks or rattles). Obviously I'm personally willing to overlook this (Stillen exhaust I'm about to install will likely mask this minor creaking anyway)! However, other potential "luxury sedan" buyers may be a bit more critical. Please post an update if you have any luck with the dealer fixing the problem.

2004.5 G35 Sedan | Garnet Fire + Willow | 6MT | Z-Tube

Old 08-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem and it drives me nuts.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:50 PM

Me too on the front passenger seat and it’s driving me crazy! Hopefully I’ll remember to mention it the next time I take the car in.

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 08-03-2004, 04:33 AM

Mine has the same problem too.. it bugs the crap out of me... the one thing I cant stand.. creeks and rattles in my car, and this one right next to my ear.. I mentioned to the service at metro infiniti, they said they replaced the drive motor, but still same problem...

Old 08-03-2004, 11:19 AM

Me too. Have had the same exact problem since I got the car back in Dec 2002. Any aggressive cornering or irregular road surfaces (basically any torsional stress) results in this popping sound from the driver side door panel.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:19 PM

My driver's side passenger has a strange rattle/squeak as well. I thought the door was not closed all the way, but that wasn't the issue. Glad to know I'm not alone.

04 BS/Graphite Sedan

Old 08-03-2004, 07:12 PM

I had the same problem. My dealer did the TSB which fixed the problem. My door creaking was located in the driver's door and the right rear passenger door.

<font color=red>2003.5 Garnet Fire/Graphite G35 6MT Sedan</font color=red> - R.I.P.
Premium Package • Navigation • Winter Package • Aero Package • 350Z intake duct • Stillen high-flow airbox

Old 08-04-2004, 10:35 AM

Fireball,
Could you comment on which specific TSB the dealer performed to fix the problem - I have 2 TSB's that I am going to suggest to the dealer - one is to tighten bolts for window regulators and the other is to apply some sort of window regulator grease....

Old 08-04-2004, 11:17 AM

All of you is the sound there when you hold down the seat belt attachment on the b pillar?

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 08-05-2004, 02:53 AM

philchng,

I actually don't know which TSB it was exactly. My dealership informed me that there was a TSB that fixes the problem but the VIN number of my car was outside the range mentioned in the TSB. They went ahead and did it anyways though. I believe it involved attaching some strategically-placed felt pads inside the door panel.

<font color=red>2003.5 Garnet Fire/Graphite G35 6MT Sedan</font color=red> - R.I.P.
Premium Package • Navigation • Winter Package • Aero Package • 350Z intake duct • Stillen high-flow airbox

Old 08-05-2004, 02:21 PM

There's a post on this forum with scanned TSB images (don't remember the thread). The TSB number is ITB02-021. It appears to cover only 2003 vehicles, built before VIN #JNKCV51E*3M011552 (before March 25,2002).

2004.5 G35 Sedan | Garnet Fire + Willow | 6MT | Z-Tube

Old 08-07-2004, 10:25 PM

SixFive:

I have the same problem and it appears to be coming from the B pillar area near the seat belt. I took the care in a month back for the felt pad TSB but it didn't help.

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 08-08-2004, 02:19 PM

I have it too. Either from driver's door or B Pillar - squeek......squeeek....clik.....squeek. It really does it badly on a long fairly rough stretch on a main road that approaches my house - so I get to hear it every damn day!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:00 PM

I've been experiencing this cracking/popping sound from my driver's side door/window ever since I brought the car home from the dealership over 1 year ago. I notice it more during the summer months because the "cracking" noises occur more frequently during warmer days than on colder ones--especially when driving on slightly rougher roads or going around curves (anything that causes the car to "twist"). Now the car seems to have also developed a rattling/buzzing noise in the door panel that becomes worse when the radio is on. Even if I lower the bass to 1 or zero, I will occasionally get the buzzing--but ONLY when driving. Like someone mentioned previously, it's REALLY irritating because the noise is only inches from your left ear and you can't ignore it. I've noticed that these rattling noises will stop if I press hard against the door panel or lower the window a bit. Anyway, I'm taking the car back to the dealership for a third time on Wednesday. It's really a shame that a car this nice has such aggravating door/window design flaws. . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driver's side door creaking problem