G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Two Flat Tires in One Night!! NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 10:17 AM
GSQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Flat Tires in One Night!! NEED HELP!

After getting two flat tires last nite from a manhole that was 5 inches from the ground due to construction, I have been calling many tire companies to get two new tires for my car, which are the stock tires.. goodyear eagle rsa 215-55-R17. Everyone I call has them on backorder or just dont have them at all! I did call Infiniti and they have them but are charging an arm and a leg for them! It would help me tons if someone knows of a place that will have them or a website, anything to help me out. I can not find them at all! I need my car asap. I cant live without not driving my car! =(

2003.5 iv0ry pearl sedan | 20% tints | 2 10's JL | clear c0rners | cust0m billet grille | p0pcharger | z tube |

Old 08-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Two Flat Tires in One Night!! NEED HELP!

You can order from Tirerack and their service is great. Have them shipped to a Tirerack designated shop near you so they can install the tires for you. I would also contact the construction company that caused your tire blowout and have them reimburse you replacement tires. They ARE reponsible for this if you get persistent.

2004 G35X

Old 08-05-2004, 11:42 AM

I would take this opportunity to replace all 4 crappy OEM tires with something like Eagle F1 GSD3's, which many on this board swear by. They are $154 at tirerack.com, usually shipped same day. If you need all-season tires the Michelins are good, but a little more $$.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:43 AM

You can check 1010tires.com and tirerack.com, you can also look for a different size such as 235/50 17 that should also fit and you will find a lot more options.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:50 AM

Now might be a good time to consider getting rid of the RSAs completely. A lot of people, myself included, thought the RSAs were terrible tires and switched early on to something else. I replaced my tires (same RSAs) at 2,500 miles because they were harsh and sluggish in performance terms. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (235/50/17) replacements are far superior and the circumferential size is nearly identical to the original equipment tires.

I sold my RSAs on EBay and that helped offset to cost of the Michelins. You've got a chance to offset the cost because the city is almost certainly responsible for the replacement of your tires. (I'm surprised it didn't damage your rims!)

This sort of complaint, road hazard caused by the local authority's negligence, is pretty common. Of course, it would help if you had some pictures or a witness. Report it right away and tell them you expect them to cover the value of the replacement tires. (Are you sure the rims aren't damaged?)

Tirerack is a great place to shop for replacement tires. They'll send them to an installer in your area and you'll save a lot of dough.

04 G35X

Old 08-05-2004, 11:55 AM

Just thought about the problem of getting the new tires fast. Do you have rental car coverage from your car insurance? I'm pretty certain that your accident will qualify you to rent a car while the car is being fixed.

04 G35X

Old 08-05-2004, 12:08 PM
GSQUAD

my tires weren't damaged thank god... but after hitting this manhole I saw FIVE other cars along the road where this manhole was, all fixing their tires. So obviously I was not the only one who got a flat. I called to complain and the DEP came, put 3 cones around this manhole and then just left!!! WHAT ****^%$! Also 2 cop cars passed by not even stopping to ask if we needed help or anything. But I would rather just get the RSA's for these two tires bc next year I am going to get new tires and rims altogether... So I dont want to spend more that I have too.. I did find a place that quoted me for $175 per tire and will have them for me tomorrow. I have to wait for the claim form from the city and then send it to them with my receipt and claim.. but if I get new tires all together will I really be spending more or is the city going to reimbursed me for all 5 of them? bc I had a full spare in my trunk. Should I just get the two RSA's and then wait as planned to get my new rims and tires next year? I really dont mind these tires, its more for daily driving then racing or anything. Most of the websites such as tiretrack and discount tires have them on backorder.. so there is nothing I can do about that... but let me know what else you think I should do.... Thanks for all ur suggestions!

2003.5 iv0ry pearl sedan | 20% tints | 2 10's JL | clear c0rners | cust0m billet grille | p0pcharger | z tube |

Old 08-05-2004, 12:17 PM

You'll spend less if you get the RSAs at $175 each. The city will have a hard time claiming they weren't responsible if 5 other cars were also damaged. Keep notes of your call to complain. What time you called. Name of person you spoke with (if possible). What you said and what they said. That will help speed the reimbursement.

You only end up with headaches if you try to get 5 tires out of the accident. The damage wasn't that extensive. Go for the 2 you need now and then the new rims and tires when you're ready.

You'll be out of pocket on the tires but should be fully reimbursed sometime later.

04 G35X

Old 08-05-2004, 12:24 PM
GSQUAD

Yea, I am going to get my two tires now that I need for the $175... which I already ordered and should have tomorrow, then next year I will get my new rims and tires. When I had called last night I was given a report claim # so when I get the report to fill out I will put that down to show I have some reference and other people as well called so I am sure they had alot of calls last night from that one spot! I know it will take at least a year for me to get my money back from this especially from the city but if I am persistant like you said, then I hope to get it back sooner then expected! Thank you for your help!

Old 08-05-2004, 12:35 PM

That claim # is your golden ticket. If you have any travel expenses today or tomorrow (in other words, while you car is being repaired) keep receipts. You might get them to reimburse you for those expenses too.

Good luck.

Cale

04 G35X

Old 08-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you are going to file a claim with the town where the road construction was being done, most times they will pay to have your car repaired, so if the dealer was the only option for the tires, that would help possibly! What do you mean they weren't damaged, did they just pop off the wheel or what? How did they both go flat?

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT