G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dinged doors! I've got a really good Parking Tip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dinged doors! I've got a really good Parking Tip

We all hate dinged doors and it seems parking spaces are getting smaller especially with cars (SUVs) getting bigger.

I go the extra mile by trying to always park next to new or well taken care of cars. Usually these people are more careful when opening their doors to their cars.

Beware of minivans, NEVER park near minivans, you'll regret it! The occupants are normally frazzled mothers with crazed kids. Mothers are more concerned with loading groceries, properly placing kids in carseats or shouting instructions to kids. Its not that they do not care but bumping a neighboring car with a door is not high on the priority list when your attention is diverted toyour kids. Many a time I have noticed kids open doors as wide as they can. "BANG" ouch!

Try it, you might like it! It works for me and i will continue this practice. Call it being **** but if you love your car you will go the extra mile!

Dknibb "the Emerald one"

Old 04-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dinged doors! I've got a really good Parking Tip

Nothing beats an end spot.

'03 G35S Desert Plat

Old 04-02-2003, 12:46 PM

Everyone who's with me thinks I'm crazy when I pass up 10 open spots to go park in the furthest spot on the lot where no one is around...

Old 04-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Re: Dinged doors! I've got a really good Parking T

It's true - minivan drivers and their broods are crazy. I came out of a store one day to find one of these vans unloading itself of about a half dozen sticky handed kids right next to my G35s. The kids just used my car as support when the jumped down to the ground. Then they used my bumper as a bench while waiting for Mom to get out. I couldn't believe it. I told the kids to beat it as I approached and of course they ignored me. The mother ignored me too.

I also try to park in end spaces - that way, I can hug the curb to give myself a lot of distance from the adjacent car.

And, as previously noted, parking between other, nice new cars is good insurance as well.

It's amazing how people treat the belongings of others - no sense of responsibility at all.

Old 04-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The panic button on your key fob is useful for kids sitting on your bumper. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] The G35's horn isn't your typical wimpy Japanese car horn. It sounds more like something from Detroit.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-02-2003, 12:59 PM

LOL !!!!!!

Old 04-02-2003, 01:25 PM

I have a little scratch on my rear passenger door.. maybe this big: -- .. how to get it out?

..pestilence..

Old 04-02-2003, 01:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hoshtaylor: So that's your nice car I park next to way out in the boonies is it? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
DKnibb: Thanks for the tip. I usually don't park anywhere near other vehicles but the odd time I'll chance it. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 04-02-2003, 02:57 PM

To-day i parked way out at the back of the Home Depot lot with no one near me 15 minutes later when i returned there was a toyota parked behind me and a crappy old pickup right next to me and no one else within 100 ft. I guess a nice cars at the back of the lot can be a magnet for some less caring vehicle owners???????

<font color=blue>[b]G35c DG/leather 5AT 18"wheels Tint.... The car in your mirror will fade quickly

Old 04-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing. I have actually been doing that since 97 after purchasing the Z3.

One extra thing that I do is to park beside the passenger side of the car that is next to me if possible. The logic is that there is always gonna be a driver for the car parked beside you, but not always there is a passenger, hence that door has 50% chance of not being opened:P

Pretty pathetic eh?

This is pretty much the last measure, 'cause it's not often to find yourself in that kinda situation when you have this option if you think about it. But hey, won't hurt for trying rite?

G35: Black with Willow/Canadian Premium Package.
Z3: Silver with Red leather interior.

Old 04-02-2003, 05:13 PM

park near nice cars only work if you have a short stay.
chances are everytime you leave your car then come back after 30 mins the cars around you will change

-----

G35-Forum.com

Old 04-02-2003, 05:49 PM

you know what really pissy me off when your siting in your car waiting for some one and some dumb women pulls up in her minivan and opens the door right into me i had my window down and i just stared at this lady as she said nothing and pretended like nothing happened WTF. NO o sorry nothing she just left after slamming her door right into mine. Needless to say i said some inapropet words which i will refrane from mentining on this forum. But i hate dumb people like that. errrrrrr

Old 04-02-2003, 06:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeh I hear ya. Some drive in and see the Infiniti and say hey let's go have a look--- and park right next to ya. Just what you're trying to prevent. Let's hope that if they go that far to look , they'll be extra careful when they get there and know exactly why you parked so far from the front door.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 04-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You have to love people who don't give a damn about other people's property. I was in my car one day when this mercedes SUV pulls up. The driver flings the door open without looking. I got lucky in that it hit my mirror and flipped it forward, with no apparent damage. If the door on that thing had hit a door or fender, there would be a huge dent! Sheesh. I'm thinking of maybe putting active armor on my car, like the stuff they have on russian tanks. The instant something touches my G, it sets an explosion off in that general direction. BUH-BYE, no more inconsiderate a$$hole.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dinged doors! I've got a really good Parking Tip