G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

eBay Blackout headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks to everyone helping out with info about this, and to whoever started this thread, its turned out to be pretty helpful hahah.

Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
I did 8000k hids top and bottom on each headlight (halogen headlight assemblies) no issues
^^ thanks for the info blkonblk, were your halogen assemblies the OEM halogen assemblies or were they something like these black ones

thanks again to everyone!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by CAtoPA6mt
thanks to everyone helping out with info about this, and to whoever started this thread, its turned out to be pretty helpful hahah.

^^ thanks for the info blkonblk, were your halogen assemblies the OEM halogen assemblies or were they something like these black ones

thanks again to everyone!
They're the OEM assemblies but I'm getting the black ones soon cuz I love how they look

Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
nice, good to know.. let us know how the HID looks in these assemblies if you get the chance (beam pattern, brightness). thanks for the help man

Old 11-15-2009, 07:28 PM
^ yea definitely

Old 11-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
how is the lens fitment? I've thought about buying a set just to use the lens off of them.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by nlallen141
I bought them then swapped in my hid ballast/ light fixture. It's a lot of work to make it work. It is doable tho.
how did you do it? any pics of the process??

to anyone else, just in case i cant use my OEM HID kit, which brand aftermarket HID kit did you use with good results and no extra glare?..

Last edited by CAtoPA6mt; 11-19-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by CAtoPA6mt
how did you do it? any pics of the process??

to anyone else, just in case i cant use my OEM HID kit, which brand aftermarket HID kit did you use with good results and no extra glare?..
I did the same thing, just go around the headlight with a heatgun. Then just pry the front off gently after the glue heats up (or put it in the oven I'm sure there is a DIY on here). I bought similiar headlights because mine where really discolored, just used the black housing/lens from the ebay headlights and put it together with my factory headlight.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
your welcome guys! im still in the process of getting them. i am contemplating still lol

Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by blepki
I did the same thing, just go around the headlight with a heatgun. Then just pry the front off gently after the glue heats up (or put it in the oven I'm sure there is a DIY on here). I bought similiar headlights because mine where really discolored, just used the black housing/lens from the ebay headlights and put it together with my factory headlight.
^i think nlallen141 was saying he just altered the housing to accept his OEM HID kit, correct me if you were talking about someone else blepki or if i am wrong nlallen141.. either way, i am interested in what both of you did.. blepki, did it fit flawlessly taking the black housing and the clear lens and swapping them onto the OEM?? I have seen DIYs for cracking open headlights and painting them or w/e, but never seen one where they switched housing and lens onto the rest of the assembly.. sounds like it could go wrong very easily, no? i am honestly so torn on what to do about my lights, its so frustrating. thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Choleaoum
your welcome guys! im still in the process of getting them. i am contemplating still lol
get them if your not worried about having HID, i have the blacked out ones i mentioned earlier which are practically identical to this and they look awesome until you turn the lights on and they arent HID.. wish i hadnt bought them until i figured out the HID issue, now i have these with no HID and a mismatched (one old foggy silver and one new clear dark gray) pair of OEM HID lights.. what to do, what to do...
good luck with your decision

Last edited by CAtoPA6mt; 11-20-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Oh... well what happened was i didn't realize when i ordered them that they where for halogen lights so when i got them and tried installing them i had a nasty suprise. There was no way for me to install my factory HIDs on these headlights without a lot of modification. So i took a heat gun around the edges of both headlights until the glue started getting softer. Then i pryed them both apart carefully and put together my OEM headlight back side with the lens and black housing part of the Ebay headlight. It was kind of a pain in the *** to clean up all the glue to get it to fit properly, but they came together really nicely. After that i resealed them with silicone so i don't get moisture inside. If you do decide to do it this way make sure you seal them good because one of my head lights gets a little moisture in the corner when it rains have to redo it.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
i ordered the black housing headlights today, i'll update when they arrive and i get them installed

Old 11-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by blepki
Oh... well what happened was....
^^ good to know, thanks. bummer about the moisture getting in though.. hope you have an easy time re-doing it.

blkonblk, yea man let us know how it goes with your HID kit. goodluck

Old 11-20-2009, 07:37 PM
^thanks

Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
how is the lens fitment? I've thought about buying a set just to use the lens off of them.
The ones I purchased from ebay a while back (same reason, to reuse the lenses) didn't seat all the way down. Two of the clips on one side weren't able to clip into place. Just be aware and use a sealant so you don't wind up with condensation

Old 11-20-2009, 08:56 PM
^i hope i dont have any issues lol im not opening it up, just straight up replacing them with the ebay black ones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eBay Blackout headlights?