G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Interior Swap.. need some opinions and advice..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009 | 08:04 PM
|
Interior Swap.. need some opinions and advice..

Hey fellas.. i have a Ivory Pearl Sedan that im doing a whole Black/IP theme..

The rear emblem is black, rims are black, grill is black, and bottom side trimming is black, along with the door handles.. im waiting for some warm days so i can overlay my roof black, and the top trimming... after all the exterior is done, i want a full interior swap.. i can't stand my tan interior .. planning on getting black interior (seats, console, seat belts, etc.. even get a suede roof) along with white pin stripes to wrap everything up nice.. Any ideas on the best way to go about this, i was thinking of checking out junk yards and seeing if i can slowly start piecing the interior.. and obviosuly im gonna have to go to a shop to get the white pin stripes... i highly doubt anyone would wanna swap interiors with me... anyways any advice, suggestions, opinions about this idea?

Old 11-16-2009 | 08:35 PM
I have yet to see a G35 in any of the boneyards i've been in. I would think peicing the interior together from the classifieds would take a long time and it would be tough to find guys selling the odd misc trim peice here and there.

Honestly, the best way might to be to look for someone parting out a totaled G35 sedan, or purchase one that has been wrecked and take what you need out of it.

Old 11-16-2009 | 08:51 PM
|
Eh well i plan on doing this after i go FI, so i def have some times, over a year.. so i figure i can look around classfields and some junk yards... but do you think its a good idea? i dont think ive seen any IP gs with a black interior..

Old 11-16-2009 | 08:59 PM
Honestly, the entire reason I didn't buy an IP was because I couldn't get an '06 with Graphite interior. Stone with IP looks okay, but not the same.

If '06's came graphite, i would be driving an IP sedan right now. I love the look of white luxury cars with chrome trim. I know you have the white/black thing going on, but i'm more of a white/chrome person.

Do you have stone or wheat? If you have stone, at least you don't need to change the dash and center console.

Old 11-16-2009 | 09:03 PM
|
nope i got wheat.. i think.. its the tan color.. the lightest one they offer.. I wish i had tbe graphite.. maybe then i wouldn't even bother swapping the interior

Old 11-16-2009 | 09:06 PM
I guess it's just a question of how bad do you want it?

I actually went through the process of changing my Mustang's interior from red (yeah i know) to black a few years back. I did it by purchasing a wrecked parts car which i got 90% of my parts from. The rest i had to find off ebay, classifieds, wrecking yards, and other sources. Took me basically a year with the interior is half done stages with mixed colors. But it was worth it to me and i'd do it again

Old 11-16-2009 | 09:14 PM
|
Oh i want it bad.. and i know have plenty of time, so i figure i can hit up some junk yards or at least give them my information if a G with black interior does come in..

Old 11-16-2009 | 09:30 PM
Could always mix and match if you don't do an entire conversion.

I also have a white '07 IS250 with the tan interior. (technically my g/f's car). The interior scheme is kinda like the G35's except it has black carpet, with the tan dash and seats. I think it looks kinda good. I've kinda wondered what a wheat or stone interior would look like with black carpet, and maybe a few other select peices in black. I almost bought a black center console lid to replace my stone one to see how that would look.

Old 11-16-2009 | 11:53 PM
if you aren't looking to do a coupe conversion, why go out and buy all new seats and stuff? why not get the seats wrapped? there are several places that do quality work at a very reasonable rate... and where you want the pinstriping anyways it seems at some point you will have to visit an upholsterer anyways?

Old 11-17-2009 | 12:39 AM
haha, that's what i would of done if i bought IP sedan. The hardest thing would be is the dash everything else will be cool

Old 11-17-2009 | 01:01 AM
|
Originally Posted by snotf
if you aren't looking to do a coupe conversion, why go out and buy all new seats and stuff? why not get the seats wrapped? there are several places that do quality work at a very reasonable rate... and where you want the pinstriping anyways it seems at some point you will have to visit an upholsterer anyways?
Yeah, I am def. going to an upholsterer to get the roof, and the pin stripes. But i figured it would be cheaper if i could just get the interior out of a totaled G, if im having trouble finding the pieces, ill just get them upholstered, but like i said, i have way over a year to do this. So im in no rush

Old 11-17-2009 | 10:12 AM
I have black on black. And you can't have it. =P

Old 11-17-2009 | 10:46 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
You could do something like this:

This isn't mine, but it's basically the look I'm going for with my IP sedan. Except I did satin on the console instead of piano black, and I had the armrest done in black suede. Still waiting to get the inserts in the seats and the door panels done though.

Old 11-17-2009 | 11:00 AM
^^ That doesn't look too bad. Something different, anyway.

+1 on installing coupe seats if you're going to the trouble.

Old 11-17-2009 | 03:45 PM
i'm happy with my stone, all i want is BLACK carpet. if someone knows a cheap place to get newblack carpet i woud be all over it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior Swap.. need some opinions and advice..