G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

$1,100.00 for 30,000 Miles Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess the dealership I use doesn't add as many "features" to their 30K services as this one. I didn't pay anywhere near this amount, even for my 60K service when I actually had them change my oil too.

I normally tell them I want the given service from the manual, maybe minus a certain item (like when I had changed the engine belt early, before a vacation).

Doesn't mean that they can't charge a large amount. I had some power seat parts repaired recently, and it was over $1000. Was it that high because they knew I had an extended warranty with a $100 deductible, so wasn't price sensitive?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
A lot of dealerships charge $300 or so for the 30K mile service because most of what they do is inspections. They usually word it like "additional services" extra.

So they will charge you $300 to look at your tranny fluid, and then tell you it should be changed and charge you extra. I'm sure if you took a lot of these $300 services and added on the same extras that the OP's service included, the bill would be the same.

It's just that his dealer is telling him up front the cost while others will get you in the door, inspect, change a few things and then try to soak you for more money.

Dealers gotta make money too. Not everyone is car savvy, and i know plenty of people who i'd never allow to go under a car alone. They would seriously jack the car up by the jack in the trunk and then go right under. Unfortunately those people will pay more for auto services than those who can do this stuff on their own. BUT, that goes for a lot of things. If your wiring in your house fries, you are gonna get raped by an electrician to fix it. If your toilet clogs up, a plumber is gonna charge you a high price to fix it. There is nothing cheap when it comes to skilled labor. If you are one of those people that don't know how to fix things, then you better have a good job to pay people to do it. On the other hand, if you are mechanically inclined, you can save yourself a TON of money in life.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
A lot of dealerships charge $300 or so for the 30K mile service because most of what they do is inspections. They usually word it like "additional services" extra.

So they will charge you $300 to look at your tranny fluid, and then tell you it should be changed and charge you extra. I'm sure if you took a lot of these $300 services and added on the same extras that the OP's service included, the bill would be the same.

It's just that his dealer is telling him up front the cost while others will get you in the door, inspect, change a few things and then try to soak you for more money.

Dealers gotta make money too. Not everyone is car savvy, and i know plenty of people who i'd never allow to go under a car alone. They would seriously jack the car up by the jack in the trunk and then go right under. Unfortunately those people will pay more for auto services than those who can do this stuff on their own. BUT, that goes for a lot of things. If your wiring in your house fries, you are gonna get raped by an electrician to fix it. If your toilet clogs up, a plumber is gonna charge you a high price to fix it. There is nothing cheap when it comes to skilled labor. If you are one of those people that don't know how to fix things, then you better have a good job to pay people to do it. On the other hand, if you are mechanically inclined, you can save yourself a TON of money in life.
you have a point, but a lot of the same things the dealer wants to rack on his bill are either useless and has no point in being there as part of this 30k service.
but if you notice if you take out a lot of 'useless' things they have added the bill is roughly 500. still weighs a bit since no oil change is even being done!
idk but i would surely look to get some sort of discount from the dealer if you go through with it.
best of luck.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:06 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Incabin filter is easy. There is a DIY on here.

Get the diffs serviced.

Get the tranny serviced.

Thats really all you need to do (its all i did in between 30-50k)

Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Incabin filter is easy. There is a DIY on here.

Get the diffs serviced.

Get the tranny serviced.

Thats really all you need to do (its all i did in between 30-50k)
couldnt have said it better, im actually going to do the incabin filter myself, and the others done at the dealer, if not Yelp is always good for finding reputable mechanics!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:33 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I am big into documentation. I want everything documented for when i sell the car and for the most part, i want everything done at the dealer.

But little things like the cabin filter, and air intake filters, etc, it can all be done DIY style.

As much as i like doing work on my car, there is no way in hell im taking my pride and joy, and ripping the transmission apart on my driveway lol I do not trust myself, nor want myself doing that. I'll gladly pay the $200 some they charge to have it done.

I have them do my oil too. I buy the synthetic, and take it to them. They charge me $10 for their time. $10 to me is worth it so i dont have to deal with the mess, disposal of the oil, and i get to have it documented1

Old 01-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I was quoted $975 from Infiniti and $550 at Nissan.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I am big into documentation. I want everything documented for when i sell the car and for the most part, i want everything done at the dealer.)

I am too, but i'm more into doing it myself. When i do change something, or buy wipers, i keep the receipt and put a number on the back. I then have an excel file which i'll list the miles, date, and what i did and list the recept number.

Then i'll put it in a folder. So i have receipts for every fluid, wiper blade, cabin filter, etc that I install in every car I own.

Next owner gets every detail they ever wanted to know....one of the reasons i usually get a little more than average price when i sell.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I'll do my own stuff on items I feel more comfortable with. Computers. Toilets. Never really liked working on cars when I had to because I couldn't afford to pay for repairs.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am too, but i'm more into doing it myself. When i do change something, or buy wipers, i keep the receipt and put a number on the back. I then have an excel file which i'll list the miles, date, and what i did and list the recept number.

Then i'll put it in a folder. So i have receipts for every fluid, wiper blade, cabin filter, etc that I install in every car I own.

Next owner gets every detail they ever wanted to know....one of the reasons i usually get a little more than average price when i sell.
Haha...I do something similar. I put it down on excel file of everything I buy and when it was installed and the miles.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts

Once upon a time I would have done this too, but now I don't bother because I'm not going to sell this car anyway.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by nfsp1
Once upon a time I would have done this too, but now I don't bother because I'm not going to sell this car anyway.

I hear ya on that. I wouldn't do it either if i wasn't going to sell it. Bit i've already decided i want a G37x in a year or two

Old 01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
You should get the brake service done. What they do is take the calipers apart clean them up and lube up the pin in the caliper bracket. Our brakes generate a lot of heat and cause them to seize up or cause the pin in the caliper to seize and impossible to take off, therefore your going to end up buying another caliper like in my case.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
I am big into documentation. I want everything documented for when i sell the car and for the most part, i want everything done at the dealer.

But little things like the cabin filter, and air intake filters, etc, it can all be done DIY style.

As much as i like doing work on my car, there is no way in hell im taking my pride and joy, and ripping the transmission apart on my driveway lol I do not trust myself, nor want myself doing that. I'll gladly pay the $200 some they charge to have it done.

I have them do my oil too. I buy the synthetic, and take it to them. They charge me $10 for their time. $10 to me is worth it so i dont have to deal with the mess, disposal of the oil, and i get to have it documented1
When I do my Oil changes, I keep both Digital and Offline copies of my receipts. Also Any part that gets added to my car, is documented as well, with a picture of the item plus estimated Mileage on part and install date.

I rather not have to deal with taking it to the dealer and waiting 3 hours to have 30 min work done for Oil changes. And I don't like other people I don't know touching my car.

btw what do they tell you about your mods?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
My dealer actually writes down aftermarket parts on the car every time it goes in. They do a "courtesey" inspection and then proceed to tell me my 2 month old cabin air filter needs to be changed and quoted me $175 to take care of it among other things.

I gave my car a brake job myself using Infiniti pads and rotors i bought at the dealership. I also painted my calipers silver. Well, my brakes were feeling weird so i wanted them to take a look at it. They wouldn't even investigate because they said I had "Aftermarket pads, calipers and rotors on the car".

As much as I like to think the dealer is "taking care of me" they are not. They are trying to make a buck. They keep yelling at me for not doing my 30K and 45K service and give me a weird look when i say I did it myself. They keep insisting on service that has obviously been done (cabin filter, air filter, belts) and just go by mileage.

I feel bad for the little old ladies out there who bought new that get scared into the "well if you don't change your differential fluid now, it might cost you $1500 down the road" speech like I got when i refused the AWD service less than 1000 miles after doing it myself.

My bumper to bumber warranty is up in 2 months...kinda happy in a way. I just need to make sure my VC's are fine before the powertrain warranty is up and i've done all the major fixes/TSB's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $1,100.00 for 30,000 Miles Maintenance?