G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

$1,100.00 for 30,000 Miles Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010 | 07:43 PM
DIY - do it yourself

Old 01-11-2010 | 09:26 PM
I agree the stealership wants to charge a ton of money for the service and I would love to diy, but don't you have to have it done by them in order for the warranty to be honored??

Old 01-11-2010 | 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by TwinInfin
I agree the stealership wants to charge a ton of money for the service and I would love to diy, but don't you have to have it done by them in order for the warranty to be honored??
You just need something in writing that the work was done. It can be as minimal as you keeping your own personal record on a piece of paper, or as extensive as receipts.

Old 01-11-2010 | 10:08 PM
^^ wow, really? have you not read threads on here?

no, of course you do not have to fork over countless sheckles for menial services. you can have your car serviced at independent shops, or do it yourself. both options will save you tons of money.

stealerships may try and persuade you otherwise, and it works on many people, but they can not deny warranty claims because of this. they can deny for some things like neglect, or unapproved parts/fluids, but not for servicing elsewhere. be sure to retain the service documentation.

Last edited by canucklehead; 01-11-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2010 | 10:10 PM
the DIY videos I have posted on here are so clear and easy to follow, that you would have to have some kind of learning impediment to not be able to DIY. Just use the money you would spend on the service, to buy yourself the necessary tools, and get the job done right yourself. Then you can use those tools for every other job you need to get done.

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by canucklehead
^^ wow, really? have you not read threads on here?
Yeah really- I just asked that question, could do without the attitude though because fyi no I don't read alot of threads on here. I'm very busy raising my son, working my *** off to pay for a QX56 and G35, not to mention our 300+k house.......thanks for the information though, it's very appreciated...isn't that the point of an auto forum??

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:45 PM
I gave my car a brake job myself using OEM nissan parts, and then i asked the dealer to look into a soft brake pedal for me. It did this prior to the brake job and I even bled my brakes thinking it was just air. It did nothing to fix it.

SO i had the dealer look at it. They gave me crap for using "Aftermarket calipers, pads and rotors" and wouldn't look into it.

The calipers are original to the car and i changed the pads and rotors myself using parts i bought at that exact dealership and provided receipts. They still told me "there's nothing we can do because you did the work, not our trained tech."

Old 01-12-2010 | 10:59 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
^Shoulda torched the place

Old 01-13-2010 | 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I gave my car a brake job myself using OEM nissan parts, and then i asked the dealer to look into a soft brake pedal for me. It did this prior to the brake job and I even bled my brakes thinking it was just air. It did nothing to fix it.

SO i had the dealer look at it. They gave me crap for using "Aftermarket calipers, pads and rotors" and wouldn't look into it.

The calipers are original to the car and i changed the pads and rotors myself using parts i bought at that exact dealership and provided receipts. They still told me "there's nothing we can do because you did the work, not our trained tech."
wow, seems like they just gave you excuses to not look into it, hate liars.

Old 01-13-2010 | 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

I got the same response with the technician at the dealership i took mine to and they even gave me a lecture for having a k&n drop in air filter. They tried to convince me that the stock oem air filter is better for my car than the k&n one i had and that they could easily swap it out with an oem for me and also clean my throttle body system while they were at for a $100 bucks. I let them chirp for a bit longer right until they refused to look into my left rear suspension because i changed it myself and that is the most likely the reason for them having problems, even when i explained to them that they were oem parts that i used and that the problem was already there way before i got upset enough with it to look into it, they kept insisting that it was my doing that made the problems, so I snapped and made the so called trained technician look like an idiot in front of a bunch of clients that were there waiting for work to be done on their cars. Half of the people ended cancelling the appointments and leaving. lol I understand that's how they make their money but some places are just plain ridiculous.

Old 01-13-2010 | 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by David.A.C.
I got the same response with the technician at the dealership i took mine to and they even gave me a lecture for having a k&n drop in air filter. They tried to convince me that the stock oem air filter is better for my car than the k&n one i had and that they could easily swap it out with an oem for me and also clean my throttle body system while they were at for a $100 bucks. I let them chirp for a bit longer right until they refused to look into my left rear suspension because i changed it myself and that is the most likely the reason for them having problems, even when i explained to them that they were oem parts that i used and that the problem was already there way before i got upset enough with it to look into it, they kept insisting that it was my doing that made the problems, so I snapped and made the so called trained technician look like an idiot in front of a bunch of clients that were there waiting for work to be done on their cars. Half of the people ended cancelling the appointments and leaving. lol I understand that's how they make their money but some places are just plain ridiculous.
How did you snapped...wanna hear about it.

Old 01-13-2010 | 11:37 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
^ +1

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:14 AM
opcorn:

Old 01-14-2010 | 11:59 PM
He kept on saying that because I replaced the rear shock they could not look into it because I was the guarantee cause of the problem of it, and I kept on replying that the problem was already there before I even touched it. I snapped after he called me a stupid stubborn son of bitch, to my face. Buddy cursed at me in Portuguese thinking I wouldn't understand him but as soon as he said that I responded back in Portuguese as well. I told him off in so many different ways I can't remember half of what I said. It was sort of the moment kind of thing lol Anyway; afterwards I began sarcastically asking him questions about the g35/m45 and the FX since he was a trained technician and he had this dumb stupid look on his face and just kept on beating around the bush not to answer the questions. I was making such a big scene that the guy’s supervisor came beside us asking what the problem was so I explained what buddy had said and about the situation. I was given an apology for what he had said to me and I was offered free oil change/maintenance for a year for my troubles. I just turned around and purposely said pretty loud for everyone to hear “No thank you because I know that you guys have young guys in grade 11 co-op doing the maintenance on these cars and I don’t want a guy in grade 11 co-op that doesn’t know a thing about my car doing service on it.” And as soon as I said that, that’s when people began getting up and leaving. I was telling my cousins what had happened and that’s when I learned that apparently my younger cousin worked in an Infiniti dealership for grade 11 co-op, (Irony) and he told me some really bad stories about the so called maintenance that they did on the customer’s cars. For example, the battery service part is actually legit, what they do is just pretty much battery maintenance. The proper way though to check it is with a meter tool, they check the charge in the acid in the battery and if it was low they are supposed to fill it with distilled water and then recharge the battery for a while to help make the water acidic. When it’s done charging, they check again and see if it meets the proper levels, or so you think that's how they do it. But from what I was told, they would simply go to the tap and grab water for the battery and fill it and say “This car’s ready!” and the customer pays 50 bucks for tap water. Lol he even told me once where the dealership got sued because one of the guys forgot to put back the oil cap after changing the oil on an M45 and the car caught on fire just as the owner had finished leaving. I still find that one messed up. Oh and this one was my favourite one he told me. They needed to change the air filter on one of the car's but apparently they didn't have any more new filters in stock so they went and put a used one that wasn't that dirty, and the owner paid for a new air filter. Anyway, that’s what happened?

Old 01-15-2010 | 12:09 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
^Wow. I'm glad you told them off; sounds like they deserved every moment of it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $1,100.00 for 30,000 Miles Maintenance?